Professional restaurant supplies Spring Reading 2016 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Gifts for Mom to look and feel great Made in Italy Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now SnS

on June 1, 2014
Well my Ray-Ban Caravans arrived very quickly but since I was not home i couldn't try them on, so a couple of weeks later I returned and opened the package. I won't lie to you I loved the look of these sunglasses. I've had Ray-Ban before... but this model is just beautiful!!.. anyway it wasn't until I tried them on that I realized that I had ordered the 55mm Caravans and they were too small for my head and if wore for a couple of minutes the sides of my head would hurt so I just couldn't wear them. It was already a month after I made the purchase so I did not returned them, I just gave them away to my cousin. I found out later that there were two sizes (55mm-58mm) but this was not specified in the description... the only difference were the "colors" which are the same. So the ones that say "G-15XLT" are 55mm and the "Green" ones are 58mm. But apparently both are the same color (Green lens, gold frame and transparent temple tip. I'm buying another pair because I really loved how these looked on me so hopefully they'll fit!!!
77 comments|78 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
A great style, especially for those of us who don't go for the original Aviator style. But these sunglasses do need a few notes.

The size on these have 58mm-diameter lenses with 15 mm between the lenses (if my decoding of the code on the side is correct. This is the largest size in this style, and even at that they are just *slightly* too small at the ears for my head. For context, the Ray Ban Wayfarer with a 50mm lens and 22m nosepiece fits perfectly.

Also these, like the original Aviators, are intended to cover pretty much the entire eye socket, so if you're seeing light coming in from the side or top...they are too small for you.

In other words, if you don't have a specific size head, these may not work for you and you'll be frustrated. I know it's hard to buy online since you don't get to try them on. OTOH, it's a little unethical (in my opinion) to go to a brick-and-mortar store just to try them on so you can turn around and buy them off of Amazon. DIYD and all that.

Assuming the fit is acceptable, these are very well made sunglasses. They just *feel* like quality and the lenses are fantastic. There is some concern on Amazon about some Ray Bans being fakes. The pair I received are the real thing - look for the etched R-B on the left lens (not the lens with the white logo on it), the R-B logo on the nosepieces, the lenses being made of glass (not plastic) and the identifier engraved on the underside of the bridge...these are indicators that you have a genuine pair in your hands. I purchased directly from Amazon, not a "fulfilled by Amazon" purchase, so caveat emptor on that score.

All in all, an outstanding pair of glasses at a good price.
on May 9, 2014
I ordered both options. The "g-15XLT" and the "Green" lenses.

The G-15XLT came with a brown case and a giant G-15 sticker on the lenses. Obviously brand new. The
Size: The g-15s that arrived say 55/14/140 on them. These are a fine and I like them

The "Green" option came in a black case and are Crystal Green lenses, this means they are glass which is what I actually wanted. They are more scratch resistant.
Size: the Greens arrived and say 58/15/135.

The two sizes are very similar. You can notice the lenses on the 55's are just a touch smaller, but I only really notice when I smile and my cheeks don't touch, but they touch slightly on the 58's. I do not know what the difference is between the 140 and 135, they feel almost identical to me.

TL:DL - The "G-15 XLT" and the "Green" option are NOT the same thing and they will be different if you order both. I'm not sure if the glass lenses only come in 58 or what. I was not given a size option, but am not upset about it either way. The difference between 55 and 58 is negligible and the difference between Acrylic g-15s and glass lenses is more significant for your purchase.
on April 10, 2015
Great & legitimate Ray Ban sunglasses (made in Italy, not China, as seen in pictures I have uploaded), classic shape green tone cristal lenses (not plastic), a little different from the typical aviator shape, perfect size for a regular face. It arrived well & on time! great job...
You can buy these with eyes closed!
review image review image
on June 16, 2015
It's cheap and good. Just kind of doubt it that is it a new glass. When I receive it, the Rayban carbboard box is worn out. The sticker on the glass is wrinkled and broken. Seems like the sticker is taken off and put back for couple of times.
review image
on September 8, 2010
I really like these sunglasses. I was worried, that because they come in different sizes, they would look too small on my face (as I am a bigger guy with a larger head) but these are a larger version of the Caravan sunglasses and look great (forgive my vanity). The frame is thin so I must be careful with them, but overall they are the quality sunglasses I expected from Ray Ban.
on April 24, 2016
These are what you buy when you look absolutely horrible in teardrop Aviators, which I do. I've even had commissioned salespeople tell me not to wear teardrop aviators, that's how bad they look on me.

I purchased these in 2012 after owning a pair of Ray Ban New Wayfarers. I wanted something more stylish and more vintage looking. These are light, the earpieces practically disappear on your face, and the lens quality is outstanding. They've been dropped many times but so far, they're still gleaming like new. The nose pads can irritate my nose after long periods of wear, but they're still way more comfortable than my optical glasses.

I wear these when I know I'm going to be in the sun for a long time because they don't give me big tan lines on the side of my face. I tried a 55mm, but ended up needing a 58mm to fit my big head. The lenses on the 58mm are a tad taller than I would like, but they provide excellent sun protection and they don't look bad on me at all. Ironically, I bought my dad a pair of 55mm American Optical sunglasses and they're almost exactly the same size and shape as the 58mm Caravans. They do provide more wrap than the American Optical.

I've gotten a lot of compliments about these, maybe more than any other pair of sunglasses I've ever owned.
on August 8, 2015
Great sunglasses. I have been wearing aviators since the 80's so I know my Ray-Bans. My daughter bought me a pair of these about 5 years ago and I wear them all the time to drive or anytime I am out in the sun, except for fishing- I use Costa 580g green glasses.I decided to buy another pair for my other car. I have yet to find a better, distortion free lens than these. Glass will not ever distort no matter how hot the environment and are much more scratch resistant than plastic. One of the advantages of these is that they can be worn in direct sunlight or in a car in full summertime brightness to lower light conditions without feeling like they are too dark. I prefer Non-polarized lenses while driving because of the lack of distraction from seeing through polarized glass. The Costa's are better for fishing for being the opposite from these. Polarized to see fish through the water, much darker for more intense reflected light off the water and thicker temple to block sunlight from the side. Also, these frames are very durable, being able to be bent to fit the face and over the ears whenever adjustments are needed. Another advantage of these glasses, like the aviators is the thinness of the temple/ear piece. When driving these sunglasses never obscure your vision to the side and aid in avoiding the dreaded lane change into someones front fender. I put my old pair next to the new ones and they seem identical, a tribute to their durability.
on January 5, 2016
Good price for an original Ray-ban. I checked all the basic signs and it checks. "Made in Italy, RB symbol on the lens, type of screw.. etc."
Very stylish and overall a comfortable to wear sunglasses.
on September 18, 2013
Great lenses and frame. The sizing of the glasses, meaning the width, was not made clear in the desscriptions, however. I now understand that there are different widths offered. I wish this were described in the materials when I was ordering.