4.0 out of 5 stars They make you look good but...
Published on October 11, 2011 by G. Gianakakos

1.0 out of 5 stars Fake Ray Ban
This aren't original Ray Ban, don't buy it.
they are from china very poor quality, no warranty so definitely fake sunglasses
Published 17 months ago by Carlos Moran

1.0 out of 5 stars Fake Ray Ban, February 16, 2013
This aren't original Ray Ban, don't buy it.

4.0 out of 5 stars They make you look good but..., October 11, 2011
These sunglasses are the perfect aviators. The polarization makes them even better. The thing I have against these sunglasses are the lenses! You could breathe on them to scratch them. I think I set them on the counter, face down, over night and put them on the next morning with a fuzzy scratched point on each lens. I tried to wipe the spots off to no avail - they were scratches! Since then, deeper, longer scratches have appeared on my lenses. I'm bummed because although Ray-Ban has a repair warranty, their site claims: "Scratched lenses are considered normal wear and are not covered under warranty".

1.0 out of 5 stars Dont like it, February 13, 2013
They are from China and The quality is not that good, it seems like its not a good rayban product

1.0 out of 5 stars This ray ban is fake, November 20, 2012
I would like to inform you that this Ray-Ban RB3449 Aviator is fake. made in china and very poor quality. I'm too unsatisfied !!!! It seems like cheap china sunglasses :(((((

1.0 out of 5 stars Made in China, cheap plastic and bad materials, March 16, 2013
This product is made in China. Compared with those ones made in Italy that are a really top end quality, this sunglasses has low quality materials and cheap plastic. Even if you pay almost $100 for this sunglasses you deserve a good quality product. I don't recommend it, trying to search for those sunglasses made in Europe and you you will not be disappointed.

2.0 out of 5 stars i`m not convinced, March 11, 2013
Hello sr, yeah is truth , i`m not satisfied because supposedly original Ray Ban is from Italy and today i when to pick up my sunglasses and the first thing that i did was this and what could i see?, yeah, from China. anything from China is original , when we talk about Ray Ban, now i think that i didn't pay 137 dollars for something like this!!! if this is not original, now, who respond me ?... thank you, cuz one day i thought that all the things that i bought for amazon has been original!!!!

1.0 out of 5 stars BIG SCAM!, July 6, 2013
I love amazon, almost every thing I buy here I give 5stars and I get 100% satisfaction. Although, this product was the biggest scam since they are imitation made in china. I was expecting to give this sunnies for my GirlFriend at her birthday and now I dont have a gift since I returned them a week ago and I haven't had my money back in my credit card yet. First, I tried them on and i felt the right nose holder a little weird, (Original Italian Raybans are perfect) then I checked and it was all not aligned properly with the left one, it made the lense fall on my right side, making it looking funny. Then I couldn't believe I had a defective product, wich made me check the little side and discovered they were made in china. That pissed me off as I was expecting the ORIGINAL BRAND for almost $150.

5.0 out of 5 stars Made in China but Authentic, November 27, 2013
I've compiled this data from other sources such as Luxottica and the iloveraybans blog so you can see what others have to say about the subject. After I will share my own experience and knowledge from selling glasses. Here is the list of known sunglass styles that are Made in China now: 3016, 2156, 3466, 3449, 3484, 3119, 3179, 3186, 3364, 3211, 3293, 3379, 3362, 3267, 3386, 3387, 2168F, 4125F, 3183, 8301, 8307, and 8310.

"Luxottica has been in China since 1997, when it opened its first plant there with Tristar, the Guangdong company controlled by the Agordo Group to manage production in China and back up its longstanding capacity in Italy. The plant in Dongguan City was the first to open and covers some 53,000 square meters, while the one in Gabobu Town, in the same part of Guangdong, covers 80,000 square meters and was opened in 2006. Tristar’s production platform plays an important role in the Group’s global strategy and has certain distinctive features that make it one of the most efficient and competitive in the whole of China. To diversify production in China, Luxottica uses skilled labor only and a level of technology very high for the standards involved in this type of production, all of which for the end purpose of guaranteeing the highest levels of service for our clients, reducing delivery times and above all maintaining the high standards of quality associated with Luxottica’s name. Luxottica employs around 4,600 people in the Guangdong production facilities, which fully replicate the Luxottica vertical integration model that has made the Group’s brands and operations so successful worldwide."

So this statement directly from Luxottica lets you know that they do have facilities in China that are making glasses, so we shouldn't be too suprised to find out that a few Ray-Ban styles are being made there now too. Starting just recently Luxottica has changed the white labels on the sides of Ray-Bans that are made in China to include: "Made in China by Luxottica Tristar..." This means they are still 100% authentic and made by Luxottica...that is the important part! As far as I can tell, quality is still outstanding since Luxottica oversees the manufacturing.

"There is this whole thing going around on the Internet that Raybans are only made in Italy, sorry to say, but their wrong, they don't know what they are talking about, but insist on telling people the wrong information, so today I would like to straighten out this Myth. Luxottica is the manufacturer for Rayban, they have factories both in Italy and China, as far as I know, all the sunglasses are made in Italy except models RB 3293 and RB 3211 which were made both in Italy and China for a few years, so if you happen to get one of these models and it's made in China, don't worry, it's real. But it seems that Luxottica stopped manufactoring the RB 3293 and RB 3211 in China since 2010, as I think they got too many complaints about it being made in China. Also the Rayban RX frames are all made in China, some of the metal frames are made in Italy, but majority of them are all made in Luxottica's facility in China. But yes, it could be a fake if it's made in China, there are lot's of replica fakes out there and people claiming it to be authentic, the only best way to insure you have a authentic Rayban is to go to a Rayban retailer and compare the one you have to the one in the Store, as I haven't seen any fakes that are any good, so you'll be able to tell them apart clearly. So I hope this clarifies the Myth that Raybans are not only made in Italy."

This article clearly and simply explains the myth. Although just a bit outdated, there is alot of good information in it. Here is the list of known styles that are Made in China now: 3016, 2156, 3466, 3449, 3484, 3119, 3179, 3186, 3364, 3211, 3293, 3379, 3362, 3267, 3386, 3387, 2168F, 4125F, 3183, 8301, 8307, and 8310. Keep in mind that some of these styles may only have a couple colors that are made in China, but I am still including them since I don't want anyone to be fooled when they see that one color is made in Italy and a different color is made in China. This can happen and it does happen.

I hope this guide helps someone looking for explanations on this subject. There are too many misinformed buyers that think Ray-Bans are only made in Italy. This is meant to educate so that you or someone you know can make a smart decision when buying and leaving feedback for your hard working sellers. Thanks for reading...

1.0 out of 5 stars Hello There is a problem I have and I received the request but that he made in China and my request was made in Italy What is th, October 6, 2013
Hello There is a problem I have and I received the request but that he made in China and my request was made in Italy What is the solution Please

5.0 out of 5 stars Classic Style - And yes, they are authentic, August 14, 2013
R. Kennedy (Los Angeles, CA USA) - See all my reviews
I was a little concerned with some of the other reviews, but was pretty convinced that I got an authentic pair of Ray-Bans. I didn't fool around with the 1000's of other similar looking sunglasses as I knew exactly what look I would get in selecting this brand/pair. Yes, mine indicated they were manufactured in China - but it was clear from some other parts of the packaging that these were not knock-offs. Just check who your seller is (mine was directly Amazon) and you'll be fine.

Ray-Ban RB3449 Aviator Sunglasses 59 mm