4.0 out of 5 stars Great sunglasses
This is the second pair of RB 4075 Polarized glasses. I lost the first pair on my move back from LA. I liked them enough to re-buy them.

Published on June 20, 2008 by Richard B. Smith

2.0 out of 5 stars Broke within two days
Published 12 months ago by Andy Burlile

4.0 out of 5 stars Great sunglasses, June 20, 2008

The only con with these glasses is if you are switching from glasses that have a thinner arm, you will notice you lose you peripheral vision. The thick arms tend you block you ability to quickly check your blind spot while driving. However you will adjust.

Oh yes, Ray-Ban also adds a "P" after their logo on the lens to indicate that they're Polarized. I think it's a tacky addition.

5.0 out of 5 stars A great pair of glasses, December 13, 2010
I bought a pair of Ray-Ban RB4075-601/58s (black frame, grey polarized lenses) and I am extremely satisfied with the purchase. I had my choices narrowed down to the polarized RB4075s and Costa Del Mar Harpoons with 580 glass lenses, so I went to a local mall and tried them both on. In my opinion, the 4075s TROUNCED the Harpoon 580s on clarity and accurate color representation (both had grey lenses), build quality was a wash as both appear very well made and will likely last for years, the 'Bans provided superior eye coverage, and the level of tint was comparable though the Costas were slightly darker. The Ray-Bans were much more comfortable on my face, I believe they are more attractive and were almost $70 cheaper, so I went with the 4075s. Even had these sunglasses been priced the same I still would have went with the 4075s without hesitation after trying them on. The 4075s are a great pair of glasses for "active" use and they look pretty good too.

5.0 out of 5 stars My second pair of these glasses, October 8, 2012
Jason Wagner (Philadelphia Suburbs) - See all my reviews
I purchased this pair of RB4075 642/57 (tortoise frames, brown polarized lens) glasses after I dropped my old pair face first onto concrete. I bought the original pair from a sunglass store and paid around $180. I have a pretty big head and these fit me comfortably. The wrap around gives me good coverage from the sun. If they fit your face (which is the hardest part about buying glasses) then these glasses will serve you well. The lens quality is outstanding. The polarized lens is great for glare and the brown lens blocks out the harshness of the sun but gives you a bright and vibrant image.

I wear sunglasses a lot and wear these to run (a little heavy), ride motorcycles, drive the car, on camping trips, at the beach, etc. My point is that I never babied them, I cleaned them with paper towels and my shirt many times. I never had any problems with scratching. The lenses were very durable except for the direct hit from almost 6 feet onto coarse concrete. They didn't break but the scratches on both lenses were right in my line of sight. I'll use that pair for string trimming from now on.

Once I forgot they were on my car bumper, they fell off, were run over and an arm broke in half. I ordered another pair of arms for around $25 from Ray Ban and they were good to go again.

2.0 out of 5 stars Broke within two days, October 26, 2013
I've been a long-time customer of Ray Ban, and have had a few pairs in various styles. I very much liked both the style and the color of these, and they fit extremely well, hugging behind the ears so there'd be little room for unintentional movement. However, after only having them two days, I went to put them on the top my head while entering a building and the right arm snapped off. Being hard plastic, it was not fixable. For the amount of money paid, and the quality of the brand, this was unacceptable. I'd like to believe that they were simply defective, but this incident has still turned me off these styles. Now I stick to primarily the metal and carbon fiber framed Ray Ban glasses. The return was quick, and the refund efficient, so that - in addition to the fit and comfort - is why this product has scrounged up 2 stars.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not so great..., February 16, 2011
This review is from: Ray-Ban RB4075 Sunglasses - Polarized (Eyewear)
When I first received these glasses, I was pumped! They fit my face great, and seemed to be of nice quality. That is until day 2. The arm of the glasses broke off for no apparent reason. I immediately contacted the warranty division, and they told me to send them in and pay $12.50 (not incl. the cost to ship). That was not an option seeing that I only had the glasses in my possession for 2 days! I then contacted the merchant (not Amazon), and they sent me a brand new pair! Everything was great again. Until several months later when my glasses fell off of my countertop. It was not a substantial fall, maybe 3.5-4 ft. The lens shattered! I sent it in to the warranty division, along with my $12.50, and hoped for the best. I just received a letter stating that it was not due to quality of workmanship and as a courtesy to me, if I pay an additional $20 they will replace my glasses for me. I am so incredibly disappointed with Ray Ban (Luxottica), and their refusal to stand behind their warranty. If, in fact, my glasses did not break due to quality of workmanship, does that mean that they simply manufacture cheap sunglasses? I certainly hope not, but I am beginning to think so. I have a pair of cheap sunglasses from Target that my toddler played with regularly until my Ray Bans broke for the second time. They show no signs of breaking or wear and tear; they have now become my back-up pair. Shouldn't Ray Bans be held to a higher standard than sunglasses from Target???

1.0 out of 5 stars Hinges on arms break very easily, August 5, 2011
This review is from: Ray-Ban RB4075 Sunglasses - Polarized (Eyewear)
I love wearing these glasses, but for the money, the arms should not break off so easily. The hinge where the arm attaches to the frame is very delicate. You have to treat these glasses extremely carefully. Unfortunately, Ray-Ban will not repair the hinge even if they break immediately- you have to pay ~ $35 to have the arms repaired. Prepare to have to do surgery on the arms and crazy glue the hinge back together. This policy of Ray-Ban's (not to consider the broken hinges defective) really doesn't make sense for an expensive product like this....

3.0 out of 5 stars beware, May 5, 2013
Con Sumer (planet earth) - See all my reviews
I generally like Ray bans and this style. They were a little tight in the temples so had to return. Don't know how to slightly widen them or i would definitely keep them. Wish they made 4075 a tiny bit wider. Nice style, good built quality. Base curve 8 lens.

5.0 out of 5 stars Ray-Ban RB 4075 601S, April 20, 2012
These glasses were purchased and the lenses removed and replaced with prescription lenses. I love them, conservative and very well constructed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Like Butta...., August 8, 2014
If you see 61mm and "polarized" in the description, you can be assured that these are exactly what you would buy in macys/sunglass hut for 70$ less.

If you are looking for a cheap way out of this style of shades (suncloud tailgate or Native for example), you will sacrifice comfort, style, quality, design, and durability. You may say "well of course". But i have been able to find discount brand products of various items at similar quality but 1/3d the price. Not so w/ sunglasses, or at least in my experience.

I dunked my rayban 4075's in Lake Elizabeth after tipping a jet ski. I would rather not get into why i was wearing 170$ shades jet skiing, but let's agree that it wont happen again. At any rate... I was not in the mood to spend that again. So i shopped. Found two highly rated pairs of sunglasses that were similar style to Ray Ban 4075 on amazon - Suncloud tailgates and Native Solos. Each are polarized, so that is nice. But everything else feels like gas station $7.99 a pair sunglasses. In pictures, they look identical to the 4075s. In reality, it's night and day.

The above anecdote is relevant to the extent that the quality of these Ray Bans is so distinct, and they are worth every penny you shell out. If you lose them and you love sunglasses, cut corners in other areas of life. Drink water instead of coke w/ lunch for a month. You'll even save calories. I suppose its all about priorities. But i can't put on a pair of lesser sunglasses. Period. If Oakley's are your thing, I bet you feel the same about those. In sunglasses, you get what you pay for. Period.

I just want to clear up for everyone that these are NOT the smaller version of what you buy in the stores as long as it says 61mm (and polarized). I paid 110 bucks delivered (thank you prime) and putting them on feels like butta. If the ad does not say polarized, they won't be, and it is a bummer that amazon lumps those reviews in w/ the polarized version. If you read, you will be fine. Or if you have doubts, ask the seller. W/ prime, you can always return for free, too.

Peace y'all.

5.0 out of 5 stars It is with great regret that I write this review while shopping for ..., August 29, 2014
It is with great regret that I write this review while shopping for new sunglasses. I owned these for around three years, and just lost them. These were the best glasses I've ever had. Maybe I just have the perfect sized face and head for them, but it's like they were custom made for me. The wrap lenses covered all of my peripheral vision, almost never slipped down my nose, and they never fell off. Plus they're light-weight and comfortable. I never had an issue with build quality, they were like new when I lost them. Of course the polarized lenses are great. I have Ray Ban aviators and Wayfarers, as well as some Oakleys and Vuarnets, but these are the ones I always wore, mostly because all of the others would let bright sunlight through my peripheral vision, which bothers me. So I just ordered a pair of RB4189s to change things up a bit, but I'm confident I will buy another pair of these eventually.

Ray-Ban RB4075 Sunglasses