4.0 out of 5 stars Bigger Alternative to New Wayfarer
I was looking for something a little different that the Ray-Ban New Wayfarer. I've had about 3 pairs of New Wayfarers in varying colors but never Tortoise which we all know is a subtle staple of Ray-Ban.

Published 17 months ago by vg

1.0 out of 5 stars These are fake
Published 10 months ago by Alex North

4.0 out of 5 stars Bigger Alternative to New Wayfarer, August 19, 2013

These set themselves apart because the frames have a matte finish as opposed to the bright, polished Tortoise finish you normally see. The frames are soft to the touch (NOT LIKE THE BLACK/NAVY/OLIVE RUBBER NEW WAYFARER - THESE ARE ALL PLASTIC) and feel nice at all points of contact. My face does not fit the Original Wayfarer but New Wayfarer is perfect. My face is a tad rounder so larger frames tend to work a little better.

The frames are a tad too light for my liking (Colorado sunshine = 300 days a year!) but they're great for driving or shaded areas.

The only reason I docked a star is because the blue case was not available even though it was pictured. I've seen the classic black and brown cases but the blue was what sold me in the end so I was disappointed to receive yet another standard black case. The cleaning cloth is always a plus since it's such high quality and decently sized.

1.0 out of 5 stars These are fake, March 17, 2014
They are a VERY good fake pair but they are fake. Very disappointed that Amazon would sell these fake sunglasses. For the most part everything checks out on the glasses although very suspiciously these came in a plastic bag (not original Ray-Ban box. All the marking appear correct except for one, the etching on the lenses. All Ray-Bans have an "RB" etched on the lens, these glasses have it as well but if you pay special attention to the size and font of the "RB" you can see these are a fake. If you look at this same exact model in a authorized Ray-Ban boutique you can clearly see the different. These impostors are have a wider and not as clean etching compared to authentic Ray-Bans. I compared them to both a 5 year old store bought pair of Ray-Bans I own and this exact model form Sunglass Hut and the interlocking etched "RB" is much thinner and precise on the authentic pairs. These are for sure cheaper then you would pay in the store ($115) but not cheap enough for fraudulent sunglasses.

4.0 out of 5 stars The Real Deal For Almost Half The Price, July 8, 2013
This product came exactly how Ray-Bans should. The only thing i would suggest is know that the lenses are Gradient so towards the bottom they are almost clear and not that dark.

1.0 out of 5 stars Fake lenses, May 27, 2014
These appear to have fake lenses but are definitely an authentic frame. First, the box had a sticker over the end that said "replacement lens" with another sticker over it, hiding it. Second the lenses scratch really easy and the etched logo isn't quite right. I'm happy with the glasses but I can't get over the fact that I was sold fakes by a place that amazon fulfills for, and that people have apparently already reported to amazon to be selling fakes. Pretty sketchy.

5.0 out of 5 stars yo, September 20, 2013
its badass....was like woah these shades would be awesome and then i was like no....my electric bill....and then this guy Jake stopped over and i was like hey gimme that 100 dollars you owe me for teaching your girlfriend how to break-dance....and that was it, I bought the glasses.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very nice glasses, March 17, 2014
And the price better!!! Perfect timing for my next trip to Costa Rica. Just took them to put my prescription, They are going to look awesome,Thank you!!

5.0 out of 5 stars 100% Authentic, August 22, 2014
Being 100% honest. I bought these sunglasses as a birthday present for my boyfriend. I bought them without reading the reviews. While waiting for them to come in I read every single review. And was extremely scared that the pair I got him would be a fake disaster. Well it's not. As soon as I got them in I did my own test and found them to be authentic! Even took them to get checked out by a local sunglasses store. And was told they were authentic as well. Amazon would never sell anything to their customers that is fake. I buy almost everything through amazon. And my experience with them has always been the best. I kind of lost faith in them when reading these reviews about "fake" and "very good fake pair" but they aren't. I recommend this buy to anyone who wants designer shades, for a great price!

5.0 out of 5 stars The best, March 2, 2014
Might as well cough up the few extra dollars. The quality is obvious, and they will never go out of style!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great quaity, April 20, 2013
I would normally stray away from the mainstream brands, because I like to be different and because they typically have a standard run of the mill design. These particular frames are great because they have a rubberized texture and a great shape to them which makes them very comfortable. The lens is gradient, which I don't personally care for, however, the "Justin" frames are much nicer because they have slightly larger lenses and no hardware protruding at the front of the frames. Which I love. I used to have a pair of Von Zipper Fulton sunglasses in chocolate gloss, but they no longer make that shade. I would say they are both quality and would recommend or buy either again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love them!, March 18, 2014
These glasses are larger on the face than the New Wayfarers. I did not like the Original Wayfarer because the smaller size still came out very far on my face and I felt that it looked awkward on my face. I did not like the New Wayfarer because they do not come in a big enough size. These are the perfect in between. They are large but will sit closer on the face than the Wayfarer. Came with the RayBan cloth and brown case. The frames are a matte texture rather than the traditional glossiness of regular sunglasses which is cool and adds to that "I'm wearing my boyfriend's sunglasses" look. I think these will look great with everything from sweats to business attire.

Ray-Ban RB4165 Square Sunglasses 54 mm