4.0 out of 5 stars Bigger Alternative to New Wayfarer
I was looking for something a little different that the Ray-Ban New Wayfarer. I've had about 3 pairs of New Wayfarers in varying colors but never Tortoise which we all know is a subtle staple of Ray-Ban.

Published 11 months ago by vg

1.0 out of 5 stars These are fake
Published 4 months ago by Alex North

4.0 out of 5 stars Bigger Alternative to New Wayfarer, August 19, 2013

These set themselves apart because the frames have a matte finish as opposed to the bright, polished Tortoise finish you normally see. The frames are soft to the touch (NOT LIKE THE BLACK/NAVY/OLIVE RUBBER NEW WAYFARER - THESE ARE ALL PLASTIC) and feel nice at all points of contact. My face does not fit the Original Wayfarer but New Wayfarer is perfect. My face is a tad rounder so larger frames tend to work a little better.

The frames are a tad too light for my liking (Colorado sunshine = 300 days a year!) but they're great for driving or shaded areas.

The only reason I docked a star is because the blue case was not available even though it was pictured. I've seen the classic black and brown cases but the blue was what sold me in the end so I was disappointed to receive yet another standard black case. The cleaning cloth is always a plus since it's such high quality and decently sized.

1.0 out of 5 stars These are fake, March 17, 2014
They are a VERY good fake pair but they are fake. Very disappointed that Amazon would sell these fake sunglasses. For the most part everything checks out on the glasses although very suspiciously these came in a plastic bag (not original Ray-Ban box. All the marking appear correct except for one, the etching on the lenses. All Ray-Bans have an "RB" etched on the lens, these glasses have it as well but if you pay special attention to the size and font of the "RB" you can see these are a fake. If you look at this same exact model in a authorized Ray-Ban boutique you can clearly see the different. These impostors are have a wider and not as clean etching compared to authentic Ray-Bans. I compared them to both a 5 year old store bought pair of Ray-Bans I own and this exact model form Sunglass Hut and the interlocking etched "RB" is much thinner and precise on the authentic pairs. These are for sure cheaper then you would pay in the store ($115) but not cheap enough for fraudulent sunglasses.

4.0 out of 5 stars The Real Deal For Almost Half The Price, July 8, 2013
This product came exactly how Ray-Bans should. The only thing i would suggest is know that the lenses are Gradient so towards the bottom they are almost clear and not that dark.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love them!, March 18, 2014
These glasses are larger on the face than the New Wayfarers. I did not like the Original Wayfarer because the smaller size still came out very far on my face and I felt that it looked awkward on my face. I did not like the New Wayfarer because they do not come in a big enough size. These are the perfect in between. They are large but will sit closer on the face than the Wayfarer. Came with the RayBan cloth and brown case. The frames are a matte texture rather than the traditional glossiness of regular sunglasses which is cool and adds to that "I'm wearing my boyfriend's sunglasses" look. I think these will look great with everything from sweats to business attire.

1.0 out of 5 stars Fake lenses, May 27, 2014
These appear to have fake lenses but are definitely an authentic frame. First, the box had a sticker over the end that said "replacement lens" with another sticker over it, hiding it. Second the lenses scratch really easy and the etched logo isn't quite right. I'm happy with the glasses but I can't get over the fact that I was sold fakes by a place that amazon fulfills for, and that people have apparently already reported to amazon to be selling fakes. Pretty sketchy.

3.0 out of 5 stars Decent Ray-Ban but odd size, June 14, 2014
As Ray-Ban fan, I have large collection of Ray-Bans. I decided to purchase this pair since it was on sale.
Unfortunately, upon receiving and trying them on, something felt out of place. I closely examined the size and although it states lens size of 55, it's more like 52mm. The lens sits higher up on my cheek and obviously feels small.

Due to the discounted price, I earnestly tried to 'get used' to the size but could not due to discomfort and marks left on my cheeks after half and hour.

Thus, i returned the sunglasses.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Shades, Great Quality, March 27, 2014
Very Nice Sunglasses! These are the real deal, tho they seem to be a tad smaller than the same size 2140's I purchased last Summer, but that may be because of the style. At any rate, they have a great look to them. May purchase another pair as a back up at some point!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Very nice glasses, March 17, 2014
And the price better!!! Perfect timing for my next trip to Costa Rica. Just took them to put my prescription, They are going to look awesome,Thank you!!

3.0 out of 5 stars Small, March 6, 2014
They are small and they say 55 and they are 54, but the model is nice. Check before you buy it

4.0 out of 5 stars Got what i expected, February 24, 2014
The glasses are a liiiiittle bigger than I thought but all in all exactly what I expected - would buy my next pair from these guys

Ray-Ban RB4165 Square Sunglasses 54 mm