4.0 out of 5 stars Bigger Alternative to New Wayfarer
I was looking for something a little different that the Ray-Ban New Wayfarer. I've had about 3 pairs of New Wayfarers in varying colors but never Tortoise which we all know is a subtle staple of Ray-Ban.

Published 7 months ago by vg

1.0 out of 5 stars These are fake
Published 29 days ago by Alex North

4.0 out of 5 stars Bigger Alternative to New Wayfarer, August 19, 2013
Amazon Verified Purchase(What's this?)

These set themselves apart because the frames have a matte finish as opposed to the bright, polished Tortoise finish you normally see. The frames are soft to the touch (NOT LIKE THE BLACK/NAVY/OLIVE RUBBER NEW WAYFARER - THESE ARE ALL PLASTIC) and feel nice at all points of contact. My face does not fit the Original Wayfarer but New Wayfarer is perfect. My face is a tad rounder so larger frames tend to work a little better.

The frames are a tad too light for my liking (Colorado sunshine = 300 days a year!) but they're great for driving or shaded areas.

The only reason I docked a star is because the blue case was not available even though it was pictured. I've seen the classic black and brown cases but the blue was what sold me in the end so I was disappointed to receive yet another standard black case. The cleaning cloth is always a plus since it's such high quality and decently sized.

1.0 out of 5 stars These are fake, March 17, 2014
Amazon Verified Purchase(What's this?)
They are a VERY good fake pair but they are fake. Very disappointed that Amazon would sell these fake sunglasses. For the most part everything checks out on the glasses although very suspiciously these came in a plastic bag (not original Ray-Ban box. All the marking appear correct except for one, the etching on the lenses. All Ray-Bans have an "RB" etched on the lens, these glasses have it as well but if you pay special attention to the size and font of the "RB" you can see these are a fake. If you look at this same exact model in a authorized Ray-Ban boutique you can clearly see the different. These impostors are have a wider and not as clean etching compared to authentic Ray-Bans. I compared them to both a 5 year old store bought pair of Ray-Bans I own and this exact model form Sunglass Hut and the interlocking etched "RB" is much thinner and precise on the authentic pairs. These are for sure cheaper then you would pay in the store ($115) but not cheap enough for fraudulent sunglasses.

4.0 out of 5 stars The Real Deal For Almost Half The Price, July 8, 2013
Amazon Verified Purchase(What's this?)
This product came exactly how Ray-Bans should. The only thing i would suggest is know that the lenses are Gradient so towards the bottom they are almost clear and not that dark.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love them!, March 18, 2014
Amazon Verified Purchase(What's this?)
These glasses are larger on the face than the New Wayfarers. I did not like the Original Wayfarer because the smaller size still came out very far on my face and I felt that it looked awkward on my face. I did not like the New Wayfarer because they do not come in a big enough size. These are the perfect in between. They are large but will sit closer on the face than the Wayfarer. Came with the RayBan cloth and brown case. The frames are a matte texture rather than the traditional glossiness of regular sunglasses which is cool and adds to that "I'm wearing my boyfriend's sunglasses" look. I think these will look great with everything from sweats to business attire.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very nice glasses, March 17, 2014
Amazon Verified Purchase(What's this?)
And the price better!!! Perfect timing for my next trip to Costa Rica. Just took them to put my prescription, They are going to look awesome,Thank you!!

5.0 out of 5 stars yo, September 20, 2013
Amazon Verified Purchase(What's this?)
its badass....was like woah these shades would be awesome and then i was like no....my electric bill....and then this guy Jake stopped over and i was like hey gimme that 100 dollars you owe me for teaching your girlfriend how to break-dance....and that was it, I bought the glasses.

3.0 out of 5 stars Ray Ban Sunglasses RB4165 852/88 Rubber Grey Transparent/Grey Silver Mirror Gradient 54mm, August 10, 2011
Amazon Verified Purchase(What's this?)
Had some bad experiences with this seller (taugh communication and bad shipping policy) and the glasses are too "mirroed"; they shine a little bit too much.
Try it in a store before you buy it online.

4.0 out of 5 stars very nice, October 9, 2012
Amazon Verified Purchase(What's this?)
fair deal all in all I think they are overpriced but this wasn't too bad. I didn't care for the case too much

3.0 out of 5 stars nice but expected more, April 14, 2014
Amazon Verified Purchase(What's this?)
the sunglasses was purchased as a gift for my niece and the glass themselves was fine. the problem i have is the case in description was blue but the one that came was the original brown wanted blue one

5.0 out of 5 stars Quite nice Product, April 9, 2014
Amazon Verified Purchase(What's this?)
Very good rayban sunglasses in a fair price. Although not polarized, the lens fells really good. Glad with the purchase.

ARRAY(0xa27e4024)