Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon The Suffers All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Bring a little greenery into your home Amazon Gift Card Offer jstfd6 jstfd6 jstfd6  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Lisa Loeb AMO Winter Sports on Amazon.com SnS

on August 9, 2013
These are my favorite pair of ray ban sunglasses! Before purchasing this pair, I tried on the original style wayfarer and the new style wayfarer, but these folding wayfarer fit the best. I felt the OG style wayfarer were too boxy and big on my face as well as much heavier on the face and has a large tilt. The new style wayfarer seemed too small on my face and didn't have that stand out pop as the OG. The folding wayfarer fit perfectly, does not have a large tilt so does not look awkward when you smile with it on, and about 3 times as lighter than the OG while maintaining the classic ray ban look. Also, the fit is a little tighter as it wraps around the head more than the OG and the legs are bit shorter. Hopefully this helps, but the best way to compare is to try on all 3 before buying one.
0Comment26 of 27 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 20, 2014
Chic stylish eyewear. Very light weight and folds up to matchbook size. Easy to pocket so I never leave them down (which is how I always lose them) nice leather carrying case, wish it had a belt loop though. Unless you are a "pinhead"(no offence intended) get the larger size. True reflective mirrors with excellent visibility. I only buy quality sunglasses and these are one of the finast sunglasses I have ever owned at half the price I normally pay.
on December 11, 2013
Amazing sunglasses, excellent quality very well made and durable. Got it on time in perfect conditions the package and completely new.
on October 22, 2014
These fold up into a nice little box and come with a lens cleaner rag.
They aren't too dark when I put them on so I get to see everything clearly with a tinge of yellowing.
I have other glasses that are way too dark to see through and make daytime seem like night.
These also look good on everyone that I've seen wear them. They are darker than the picture in this post made me believe and I prefer the darker color over what seemed to be lighter.

One slight con is that the ear pieces are slightly short. They fit comfortably but it would have been nice to have the go a bit farther back on my ear. I always feel like if I was running or looking downward and moving my head, they might fall off.
on July 31, 2015
The color wasn't even close! I ordered the light green with green reflective lens, but the green was more of an olive green! Nothing like the light green color as pictured! Also, it didn't come with the half-sized carrying case as expected, forcing me to question its authenticity. Will be returning this and demanding an exchange for the real deal!
review image
on March 5, 2015
i was looking for it, since i had this kind of sunglasses when i was in high school. it lasted ten years of daily wear. thank you amazon for having this, it's sturdy, well made, nice finish, superb built. this will surely last for the next ten years or so. buy it, it's worth it for it's price.
on October 2, 2011
I started using Ray-Ban folding wayfarers over 20 years ago and haven't used anything else since. The folding design is great for being able to carry and stash them more easily, and it seems to make the frames less likely to suffer some of the types of damage that glasses with fewer points of flexibility are likely to suffer. The folding design seems to make them fit around a head more comfortably, too. The folding frames are especially great for hiking and backpacking, but they do just fine anywhere else, too. The relatively large lenses are superb for keeping sun, wind, and grit out of your eyes, and they're large enough to protect most peripheral vision. I've used both polarized and regular lenses and like both. Regular lenses are a bit easier to keep clean, but there's no question that polarizing brings out depth, color, and detail in sky, clouds, water, and reflecting surfaces that regular lenses can't. For driving or being around water in sunny conditions, polarized lenses are unbeatable. The pair I ordered came from Sunglass Express: they arrived quickly, in perfect condition, and were a very good price.
0Comment20 of 30 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 20, 2014
Great glasses, way to big and by the time I got ahold of customer service, three emails and a 15 minute call that never was answered they finally wrote back about an exchange but by then all the smaller sizes of these glasses I've been wanting for two years were sold out leaving me heartbroken. I gave them away as a Christmas present to a friend and I guess I'll never get my dream of owning these glasses. I was so heartbroken and if only they would have understood what I was asking instead of making me take a week for them to finally get that I wanted to exchange them for the smaller pair they had for sell it might have been a happy Christmas for me, first present I've bought myself for a decade or more and now I'll never be able to afford them again. Product great, if they fit but customer service gap is as big as these over sized glasses. HEARTBROKEN...
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 30, 2015
These are great glasses. I had some Maui Jim's that I really liked, but the lenses just weren't dark enough, and frankly, they were a little old man looking, i'm almost 40 but not there yet :-) these have the classic Wayfarer look, I got the 54 mm size which does not have the sharp downward angle of the glasses and fit my bigger face much better, the 50 mm are pretty much unwearable for me.

The plain G 15 lenses are fantastic for casual use in bright California sun. I like these so much that I ended up getting a pair of polarized predators too for fishing and boating, these wayfarers are not very practical for that, they allow a lot of sun in from the side, they are not polarized, etc. both have equal darkening, the wayfarers look a lot cooler, so depending on what I'm doing, I'm set.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 7, 2015
These are top quality folding sunglasses! This is my second pair of Ray Ban folding Wayfarers and I will keep buying them, I'm sure. The first pair I had got a little beaten up after 6 years of nearly daily use. I'm trying to take better care of these. They come in a nice little leatherette case but can also be folded into a pocket in a pinch. From a few feet away they look like standard Wayfarers. But in some ways they're better. The size is perfect for my face. They're polarized. And there are many times when the folding feature means I can stow them without a big, bulky case. If you like the classic Ray Ban style, don't be afraid to try these.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse