on April 2, 2015
Ive been eying these glasses for a while now and finally decided to buy them a couple weeks ago.

I love them! they fit perfectly and look amazing. I was going back and forth between the 55mm and 52 mm but ultimately decided on the 52mm after reading A LOT of reviews. I am 6'0" 160 lbs and have a fairly narrow face. The width of the two different size do not vary that much but the 52 are noticeably more more squat (the measurement from the top of the lens to the bottom). My friend has the same pair accept in the 55mm size and I tried them on. Personally I do not like bigger sunglasses so I preferred the 52mm pair. I don't think you can go wrong with either pair it just comes down to preference in sunglass size, larger or smaller.

Attached are images of the 55m straight on and and 52mm straight on and side view

As far as authenticity that some reviews have been questioning... I am no professional but I closely compared them to my friend's and I could not see any difference whatsoever. The pair I received seem to be legit and for $70 you can't beat the price. In my opinion if you've been contemplating buying these I say do it you wont regret your decision. Happy shopping!
review image review image review image
55 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
1,206 of 1,296 people found the following review helpful
on June 30, 2008
If your considering buying the Wayfarer by Ray-Ban, you already know it as a cultural staple, worn by everyone from Dylan to The Blues Brothers. But, as cool as the shades are, be careful when it comes to fit. The "New" Wayfarer is substantially smaller then the old style, as well as being a tad more modern, not dominating the face as the old kind do.

The "New" style also comes in two sizes, 52mm and 55mm. I received the 52 only to find them to be a bit too small (I am an average size male), once I returned them for the 55 I was more then satisfied. So in conclusion I would recommend the new style Wayfarer to those wanting the signature look of the style, but with perhaps a bit less obtrusive frame. 55mm is average size, while 52mm would be for females or even some children.
3030 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on January 20, 2012
I ordered 3 pairs: black, polarized, 55mm; tortoise, non-polarized, 52mm; tortoise, non-polarized, 55mm, so I was able to compare the sizes, colors and polarized feature of these glasses. Here we go.

1. Authenticity: All of the 3 pairs were sold by Amazon.com, and they all seemed genuine to me. Not even a doubt. Solid and clear. I did notice that the black pair was missing the engraved "RB" on the back of the left lenses. I don't know why.

2. Polarized: The polarized feature doesn't bother me at all in reading LCD screens, nor does it improve the view much (it cuts out a little more light, but not much difference).

3. Sizing: I am a small guy and have narrow face. The 52mm is definitely for children: a bit tight (even for me) and looks like a toy; The 55mm looks great, although i feel they can be loose sometimes (look good, but wear loose). I strongly recommend 55mm if you have to get these, unless you are buying for your kids.

4. Looks: They both look great, but I prefer the tortoise ones that are a little bit different but not too special. Another thing to note is that other people can see your eyes more easily through the ordinary lenses than the polarized lenses.

5. comparison to the OriginalWayfarer (2140): later I got a pair of 2140 (Original Wayfarer, 54mm, tortoise color) for my cousin. The Original Wayfarers are a bit more expensive, but feel they are of better quality: stronger metal hinge, thicker and heavier plastic. Size-wise, the Original Wayfarers are between the 55mm and 52mm New Wayfarers. Style-wise, the Original Wayfarers have a larger angle pointing forward.

Try them out in store and buy them here! great quality and price. Just make sure they are "sold by Amazon.com" after you make the selection (there are many different sellers on Amazon). Cheers~~~

BTW Amazon says free returns on these, and they didn't even ask a word when I returned two pairs and paid for return shipping. Great customer service.
1717 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on May 16, 2013
Initially designed by Raymond Stegeman and manufactured since 1956 the Ray-Ban Wayfarers were revolutionary compared to the clichéd metal frames of past sunglasses. The early popularity of Wayfarers throughout the 1950s and 1960s was attributed not only to look and comfort but also seen by way of celebrity acceptance of the design. Roy Orbison, John F. Kennedy, Bob Dylan and Andy Warhol all prominently sported Wayfarers for the ever watching public eye.

However the design became near extinct in the early 1980s due to the decline in sales of the 1970s. Despite the slight reemergence in 1980, due majorly in part to the Dan Aykroyd/John Belushi hit movie The Blues Brothers, Wayfarers were on the verge of discontinuation; selling only 18,000 pairs in 1981.

As fate would have it Wayfarers were completely resurrected in 1982 when Ray-Ban signed a yearly payment contract with Unique Product Placement of Burbank, California for $50,000. The deal was simple: Wayfarers were to appear in 60 Hollywood films and television shows per year for the next five years in exchange for $250,000. It was a contract that made Ray-Ban millions and projected the classic Wayfarer design across the world. Movie stars, musicians, artists and celebrities alike wore them in films, music videos, photographs and magazines making Wayfarers the sunglasses of necessity for the 1980s.

The roller coaster ride hit a drop in the 1990s when 'wrap-around' frames popularized the market, striking a blow to the classic Wayfarer design and leaving them forgotten to the masses yet again. That is until 2001 when the New Wayfarers made the scene with a smaller and less angular design, a lighter injected plastic and a multitude of new colors. The redesign helped the 2000s to be a nostalgic success, bolstering the best sales in over a decade and reuniting the public with the classic, comfortable design that made them popular to begin with.

So here we are in 2013 and the 'New Wayfarers' are already over a decade old and still selling. Widely regarded as the 20th century's most enduring fashion icons the Wayfarer design is comfortable, light and always classic. For those of you browsing the Amazon product page looking for your perfect pair of New Wayfarers there are a few things you might want to know. First thing: the size.

You may have noticed the option of purchasing either 52mm or 55mm sized Wayfarers on the product page. This combined with a plethora of reviews regarding the sizes that fit best seem to be a matter of major confusion. Many of the reviews for this product, including the most popular, are simply wrong and misleading. There is no difference in frame size between the 52mm and the 55mm design and the number is a reference to the lens size. What does this mean? Well, if you purchase the 55mm your lenses will be slightly rounder: that's it. The reviewers complaining about the 52mm being too tight as opposed to the 55mm are misinformed. I've included measurements below and the sizes for both products are as follows:

Ray-Ban New Wayfarers 52mm:

Total size:18-145mm
Lens: 55mm
Bridge: 18mm
Temples: 145mm

As you can see there is no difference despite a slightly larger lens opening on the 55mm. I don't understand how so many reviewers could get this wrong unless they're cross-hypnotizing one another into believing the size difference...and yes. I own both sizes.

You also may have noticed the lens option of G-15 XLT when selecting your sunglasses. What is it? G-15 XLT is a reference to Ray-Ban's glass lenses as opposed to their plastic designs. G-15 is a special technology that Ray-Ban utilizes to make the glass lenses light without sacrificing optical quality. So what does the XLT stand for? Exta Light.

Some of you may not be familiar with polarized lenses, which is a buying option when selecting your New Wayfarers. Erinn Morgan of All About Vision writes 'light reflected from surfaces such as a flat road or smooth water generally is horizontally polarized. This means that, instead of light being scattered in all directions in more usual ways, reflected light generally travels in a more horizontally oriented direction. This creates an annoying and sometimes dangerous intensity of light that we experience as glare.

Polarized sunglasses cut glare and haze so your eyes are more comfortable and you can see better. Polarized lenses contain a special filter that blocks this type of intense reflected light, reducing glare.

Though polarized sunglasses improve comfort and visibility, you will encounter some instances when these lenses may not be advisable. One example is downhill skiing, where you don't want to block light reflecting off icy patches because this alerts skiers to hazards they are approaching.

In addition, polarized lenses may reduce the visibility of images produced by liquid crystal displays (LCDs) or light-emitting diode displays (LEDs) found on the dashboards of some cars or in other places such as the digital screens on automatic teller machines and self-service gas pumps.

With polarized lenses, you also may be unable to see your cell phone or GPS device. Boaters and pilots also have reported similar problems when viewing LCD displays on instrument panels, which can be a crucial issue when it comes to making split-second decisions based strictly on information displayed on a panel.'

I hope this review clears up any confusion with the design and aids you in making the correct purchase.
1616 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on October 17, 2013
Model:
Black Rubber Frame/Green Lens - 55 mm (SOLD BY Amazon)

Background:
I'd never worn a pair of RB2132 before ordering these from Amazon so I didn't know what to expect. The first time I tried them on, I noticed they felt looser than other sunglasses and would slide forward when looking down. I tried the exact same model (also 55 mm) at SunglassHut and they were much snugger. I looked through plenty of online reviews on identifying fake Ray-Ban sunglasses but they passed every test except for including "The Icons" booklet.

I ended up returning them to Amazon because of how loose they were. I decided to try another pair from Amazon in case it was just bad luck but they were also very loose.

I wanted to compare them to the same model ordered from the Ray-Ban website... so I did. The manufacturer box also did NOT include "The Icons" booklet. Unfortunately, the case included from Amazon was black and the one from Ray-Ban was brown. I figured that the physical properties should be the same.

Differences (with Pics):
Box Ray-Ban Logo

Box Perforation

Case
The manufacturer case is much softer and bends easier. The thread used for stitching seems thicker as well.

Case Snap Fastener Logo

Case Snap Fastener (Missing inside male piece)

Sunglass Arm Writing:

Additionally for the Amazon version, the plastic bag the sunglasses came in is slightly wider (~8mm) and the lens cloth is a slightly different shade of grey.

Conclusion:
Not completely sure but they seem to be high-quality counterfeits and therefore not worth $82. It could also be that Ray-Ban contracts out to different manufacturers for much of their materials.
review image review image review image review image review image review image
99 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on November 7, 2014
Second time ordering a pair of these due to my original pair being stolen off my desk at work. Love the quality! They fit like a gem and I would recommend these to anyone who wants raybans for a good price!
review image review image review image review image review image
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on October 30, 2012
I purchased the Ray-Ban RB2132 52mm sunglasses from Amazon last week. As I read some reviews that some individuals were receiving a fake pair of Ray-Bans, I decided to purchase the sunglasses from "Amazon.com" as the seller. Thinking that I would be safe from receiving counterfeit sunglasses from Amazon's warehouse, I felt confident in my purchase. However, I was very wrong. When I received the sunglasses and opened the packaging, I knew immediately that these sunglasses were fake. Namely due to the following reasons:

1) No Ray-Ban logo on the right and left temples of the sunglasses.
2) On the inside temple it said, "Made in China".
3) The lenses were cheap plastic lenses, and I purchased the "polarized lenses".
4) The sunglasses for larger than 55mm, not the 52mm that I ordered.

Be wary when ordering these sunglasses from Amazon.com!
2626 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on July 6, 2015
Ordered the 55mm and they were too wide/loose on my face. Then I ordered a pair of 52mm and they fit however the frames are incredibly squat...might not be good if you like big frames. Also concerned about authenticity of the 55mm ones I bought. They might be a knockoff as the glasses are squeaky and the etching is deferent than the 52mms I bought.

Photo shows the 55mm in the first one & the 52mm in the second.
review image
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on April 16, 2014
I ordered these sunglasses "shipped and sold by Amazon" and was amazed to find that they are fake. I took them to a Sunglass Hut (who's parent company owns the Ray-Ban brand) and it turns out they make look like the real thing, but the lenses are too small. It is unbelievable that Amazon would sell fake Ray-Bans. They need to sort this out with their suppliers.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on November 20, 2013
I ordered these thinking they would be the actual Ray-Ban sunglasses. They're just imitations: the logos on the sides are sloppily done, and there's no RB etched on the left lens. Very disappointed. Don't order, go buy them in a store!
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...