Automotive Deals Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Look Park Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Ruby jewelry Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

Format: Blu-ray|Change

on March 24, 2005
How far Jamie Foxx has come. From a pretty much unknown comic on In Living Colour, to an Academy Award winning actor who now is in the upper-echelon of the "best actors in Hollywood" category after his outstanding performance in this flick. Many times throughout this movie, I totally forgot that I was watching Jamie Foxx himself instead of the actual Ray Charles. I had to literally remind myself of this many times, the movie was just that good. This movie was eye-opening in many ways to me. I had no clue that Ray Charles had a drug problem early in his career, which, when I was watching the parts where Jamie was putting the drugs into his body, were some of the saddest parts of the movie.

Also, not to forget the excellent performances by Regina King (playing one of Ray's many mistresses thru the movie), and Kerry Washington (playing Ray's wife). I rented this movie, but I might just make it apart of my very small movie collection. Pick it up now...
on July 8, 2016
An emotional train ride. Great film for everyone wether you like Ray Charles or not.
on April 19, 2016
Outstanding documentary. I had no idea Ray Charles and Larenz Tate were that tight.
on June 17, 2009
This is a great movie. Jamie Foxx, really is Ray Charles. Well worth watching over.
on May 9, 2016
Great movie, although that has nothing to do with Amazon. Lost a star for the lag.
on March 3, 2005
What alien took over Jamie Fox's body and turned him from a good actor into one of the world's best. Jamie did Ray just as good as Val did Jim Morrison. It was the most amazing piece of acting work I have seen in years. I raise a glass to you Mr. Fox and the cast of Ray.
on February 10, 2005
I "was" not a Ray Charles fan, although I would listen to his music. He was just alright, but after seeing the film on his life and understanding how and why the songs came about, I appreciate the man in a way I didn't appreciate him before. The child actor who played Ray in the movies at a young age was magnificent in his performance. Although the movie is long, it is quite entertaining. I see Oscar written all this film.
on April 21, 2016
I love this movie plays great, was shipped in a timely fashion and not expensive
on February 28, 2015
At only $7.40 for the Blu-Ray and DVD combo this was a definite 5 star purchase.
on October 10, 2014
The greatest blue-ray of all times. A 2 and a half movie that anyone should see.