Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 42 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Oct 7, 2009 9:29:35 PM PDT
Does anyone know if all 150th editions have the 50 page intro by Ray Comfort? Or is that only the ones that certain churches are handing out? I do not want the edition by Ray Comfort

Posted on Oct 7, 2009 11:28:26 PM PDT
LOL I do!
I want it just for the freaky weirdness of it... hehe.

Posted on Oct 8, 2009 4:11:46 PM PDT
lol, well on Nov. 15th the top 50 colleges in the US are handing out copies for free. A certain Christian group is. I cant find anywhere that is saying that they are handing them out though.

But i cant find anywhere that says if it has the intro or not.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 10, 2009 12:03:37 AM PDT
Its only this, bizarre, insane one, Courtney. Obviously respectable presses aren't going to let a right-wing lunatic write the forward to such an important book. This edition is self-published by Comfort.

Posted on Oct 14, 2009 6:18:22 AM PDT
Ive been following this kinda closely and have pages of interest archived to show the deceit of the people at WOTM Way of the Master
In the beginning ... WOTM says they orderd 30k advance copies in which 55 pages of OofS was missing but links to where they could be found on the internet would be given in the back of the book. I have that document in pdf.
The original 50 page supplement that was offered I have as well and will go over the 2 copies, the one offered now at living waters and the one I have from before they changed it. Just to be clear, there are 3 pdf files that have been offered.

Now the original goal was to go to 50 top schools, then 60, then 100. Now they state that the 30k original copies have been delivered and that 175k more have been ordered.
The books are selling for .99 when you buy a case of 40, less if you buy 25 cases that would equal the total amount theyre trying to push on students at the colleges.
The orig 50 are listed on my YT channel in addition the 21 Canadian colleges.
Campus for Christ seem to be the main operations for distribution and on Nov 19 will ASSAULT colleges in the US and in the UK. On Nov 21 I believe they will ASSAULT the Canadian schools.

Im the guy that made an announcement on YT that sparked a young ladies interest in this matter that Ray is taking credit for, that she got to date appox 1 million hits to her video showing disgust over these heinous actions of WOTM against science and discovery

Posted on Oct 14, 2009 6:25:36 AM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Oct 14, 2009 6:48:48 AM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 17, 2009 12:33:02 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 17, 2009 12:35:25 PM PDT
calmly says:
Among the editions with a pro-evolutionary foreword, look at thei edition of The Origin of Species, it should have the Julian Huxley foreword:

The Origin Of Species: 150th Anniversary Edition

Imagine having to specify that a foreword of The Origin of Species is pro-evolutionary?

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 17, 2009 11:05:05 PM PDT
The problem is that someone at amazon is directing these reviews to the fallacious Origin of Species put out by WOTM, a book that hasnt even been sold yet thru amazon, just pre orders at this point (at least that Im aware)

Im not sure yet to what end, Ive called amazon and emailed them to no avail.

The book by WOTM is so tainted by a christian delusional incert that it makes the book laughable, it is being hailed as a work of evangelicalism by said evangelicals

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 18, 2009 11:27:27 AM PDT
B. N. County says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 20, 2009 10:11:35 AM PDT
C. Kunzler says:
The 150th edition with Julian Huxley is not the Ray Comfort edition. Amazon.com mixing the reviews for them.

Here is the link to the normal edition, not RC's.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 20, 2009 10:18:39 AM PDT
U. Nelson says:
C. Kunzler is absolutely right, and its unfortunate too, because the low ratings for the Ray Comfort version are lowering the rating for the Huxley Version, and reviews for the Huxley Version are raising the rateings for the Comfort version.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 20, 2009 7:34:44 PM PDT
J. C. Petts says:
The problem with the two linked versions is fixed now, by the look of things.

Posted on Oct 20, 2009 9:19:04 PM PDT
mattb says:
If you want to read Ray Comfort's imbecilic intro you can get it here for free:
http://ryansomma.com/temp/LivingWaters_OoSIntroduction.pdf

Posted on Oct 20, 2009 10:10:21 PM PDT
V. Yue says:
The genuine article does not turn up quickly and becase RC's edition is NEW it always shows up. We should stump and rate the RC's version as low as possible.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 20, 2009 11:22:43 PM PDT
C. Kunzler says:
No, it doesn't look fixed. They still have one star RC reviews on the Huxley edition.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 21, 2009 4:07:31 AM PDT
V. Yue says:
Not yet. The still listed the comments (favorable / critical) side by side. Confusing users.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 21, 2009 6:15:01 AM PDT
B. N. County says:
The only problem with doing that is that - to *intelligent* people - it is obvious that the negative review is a shill review written by a moron with an agenda.

Posted on Oct 21, 2009 6:32:52 AM PDT
B. N. County says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

Posted on Oct 21, 2009 10:40:24 AM PDT
Bruce Wright says:
Unfortunately the Ray Comfort edition is missing 5 chapters, the Huxley forward and the Darwin introduction and the glossary. So removing his 50 page propaganda screed still leaves you with a useless copy of the book.

The chapters he's missing are:

Chapter 10 - On The Geological Succession of Organic Beings
Chapter 11 - Geographical Distribution
Chapter 12 - Geographical Distribution continued
Chapter 13 - Mutual Affinities of Organic Beings: Morphology: Embryology: Rudimentary Organs

And also the introduction, and the glossary.

Anyway, it's isbn 9780882709192, 276 pages. Copyright 2009.

It's come to my attention that Ray lifted his version from the original version. Later versions (and the versions you read today) include more information and a new chapter where Darwin addresses the objections of his critics.

Funny, Ray left that part out too!!!

So it's missing five chapters plus Darwin's introduction, Huxley's forward and the Glossary.

And that's without actually A/B-ing the text itself to see if Comfort excised anything else.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 21, 2009 11:24:39 AM PDT
County, do you understand whats going on here ?
You dont seem to.
The wrong book is getting the good reviews, the book by Huxley isnt being criticized , its the book by Comfort that has an evangelical agenda to smear not only the name of Darwin, but of science itself.

Ive called and emailed Amazon about this, theyre refusing to do anything about it. Ive counted 3 people complaining to no avail so far about this mixup

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 21, 2009 11:26:18 AM PDT
If Im not mistaken only the original 30k books printed would be missing those chapters, Comfort SWEARS that the book being printed now,(175k copies) is complete

Posted on Oct 21, 2009 3:44:19 PM PDT
Bruce Wright says:
My copy with the missing chapters has the same ISBN number as the one listed here on Amazon.

So caveat emptor.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 21, 2009 3:51:39 PM PDT
C. Kunzler says:
I hate to do it, but I think I'm going to have to cancel a $600 order that hasn't shipped, because their mixing the reviews is dishonest and unacceptable. This should have been fixed by now. An honest author shouldn't be punished because a religious nut wants to sneak pseudo-science propaganda into schools.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 22, 2009 6:03:47 PM PDT
C. Smith says:
I think that the review-mixing problem has been remedied, but for some reason, now the penguin anniversary edition isn't even showing up when a search is done. You need the isbn in order to be routed to the penguin version on amazon.com
http://swiftnow.org/swift1/?p=453

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 22, 2009 10:26:05 PM PDT
C. Smith says:
This is the issue with Huxley intro:
Product Details

* Paperback: 576 pages
* Publisher: Signet Classics; Reprint edition (September 2, 2003)
* Language: English
* ISBN-10: 0451529065
* ISBN-13: 978-0451529060
* Product Dimensions: 6.9 x 4.3 x 0.9 inches
* Shipping Weight: 8.3 ounces (View shipping rates and policies)
* Average Customer Review: 3.7 out of 5 stars See all reviews (32 customer reviews)
32 Reviews
5 star: (17)
4 star: (3)
3 star: (4)
2 star: (2)
1 star: (6)

› See all 32 customer reviews...
› See all 2 discussions...
* Amazon.com Sales Rank: #22,661 in Books (See Bestsellers in Books)

This is the adulterated Comfort version:

Product Details

* Paperback: 304 pages
* Publisher: Bridge-Logos Foundation; Anv edition (September 2009)
* Language: English
* ISBN-10: 0882709194
* ISBN-13: 978-0882709192
* Product Dimensions: 8.5 x 5.5 x 0.8 inches
* Shipping Weight: 10.4 ounces (View shipping rates and policies)
* Average Customer Review: 1.2 out of 5 stars See all reviews (42 customer reviews)
42 Reviews
5 star: (1)
4 star: (0)
3 star: (1)
2 star: (1)
1 star: (39)

› See all 42 customer reviews...
› See all 2 discussions...
* Amazon.com Sales Rank: #57,864 in Books (See Bestsellers in Books)
Would you like to update product info or give feedback on images?
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  17
Total posts:  42
Initial post:  Oct 7, 2009
Latest post:  Mar 12, 2010

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 4 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
The Origin Of Species: 150th Anniversary Edition by Charles Darwin (Mass Market Paperback - September 2, 2003)
4.2 out of 5 stars   (88)