Automotive Deals BOTYSFKT Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis STEM Segway miniPro

Format: Video Game|Change

on April 23, 2013
This is one of the must have Vita games. I hadn't actually even played a Rayman game since the one on 3DO (I actually still have that game and my 3DO hooked up lol) but I couldn't put this game down, excellent platformer, highly recommended!
on February 29, 2012
This game is a show piece to what the Vita can do. It is gorgeous looking. I can't tell any difference playing it on the PS3. I even put more time on the Vita version because its so well fitted for portable play. The only downside is that it doesn't have the multi-player aspect. They added just a couple of things such as ghost runs to be your own level play through and touch controls by popping enemies that turn into bubbles. Its an incredible game. I have it on the PS3 and glad I bought it on the Vita. It plays exactly the same, looks the same but now you can take it with you. There is really not much more to say. If you dont know about the game at is one of the best platformers that came out this generation with only Super Mario Galaxy to rival it. It has great music, an amazing art style, and the platforming aspects are creative and often times challenging. Its a must own on console or handheld. I prefer the handheld version.
on March 4, 2015
I got this as a Christmas gift and he loves it!! The Rayman games are a ton of fun. For the money, you get a lot of gameplay with Rayman games.

If you've ever played a Rayman game before, and liked it, you'd love this game as well. If you haven't played Rayman, but like platformers with a challenge, give this one a try and you'll love it.
on July 23, 2013
I am very late to this party. I have wanted to purchase Rayman Origins for quite a while but I've never pulled the trigger. Well, lately I've been jonesin' for a new Vita game and saw this title was on the cheap for pretty much every platform it has been released on.

Why not?

Well, I got it in from Amazon and found that this game is quite wonderful. The platforming is pretty standard fare with some punches and kicks for good measure. However, the level design and visual aesthetic and general tone of the game is where this game really shines.

The 2D graphics are sharp, crisp, and lush! Levels are slick and whimsical. The game is quite funny to boot.

Negatives for the Vita only lay in the fact that this seems to be an exact replica of the home console version. This is a bittersweet issue - this seems to be an exact port but because of that the sprites are very small of the handheld's screen. The game compensates for this by allowing zooming with a pinch action on the Vita screen. This, however, reduces visibility of what is going around Rayman.

Despite this, the game is perfectly playable. The sprites are just a little small.

Anyway, the game is highly recommended and I'm looking forward to the sequel on the Wii U which I will be buying at release!
on January 31, 2013
Not just your average side-scrolling platformer, which it comes off as at first. This game is great for all ages and skill levels, and I don't mean that to sound like a generic video game plug. It is the truth. I was surprised to find how frustrating some of the levels can be when trying to collect everything(which is not necessary to beat the game). Easy enough for a beginner to get through, but if you are like me and can't leave a game alone until it is 100% complete then you will be surprised at how many times you will find yourself very frustrated with a level. Beautiful graphics(looks like you're playing a modern cartoon), a variety of playable characters, and a nice touch of depth with optional extra challenges for more experienced gamers, this game is great for anyone.
I would also like to note, for those who don't know, that this is the exact same game as the PS3 version by the same name. The only difference would be that the graphics are slightly better on the PS3, but the Vita comes very close and this game shows it. Impressive for a handheld game, both the PS Vita and Rayman Origins together create an incredible console experience that 10 years ago I would have never imagined was possible outside the living room. Now you can take it anywhere in your pocket. Gotta love technology!
on March 3, 2012
If I could give it 6 stars I would! This game is simply amazing! The levels are gorgeous, and well laid out! Rayman is very responsive, and has enough abilities to make the game challenging yet never impossible! I honestly have never had this much fun with a side-scroller that wasn't Mario. The game is a masterpiece!

In a world of gaming filled with increasingly realistic real world graphics, it's so refreshing to see a game like this. If you were a fan of 8 & 16 bit games from the 80s & 90s, this is the game for you! It feels like those classic side-scrollers, but with absolutely breathtaking visuals! You just want to keep playing, because it's so beautiful, and you want to see more.

The game isn't just a pretty face, it's super-fun and addicting too! Plus considering how much unlockable/hidden things there are to find, it must be a huge game as well. Definitely worth the $40 price tag on Vita, and it's the perfect portable game. However the beauty of this game is that EVERYONE can enjoy it no matter what console you have. It's on every current console (except 3DS, but it has Rayman 3D which I assume is a 3D remake of the original game from the 90s) and PC!

If you are on the fence about this game, jump in! If you don't like this game, you simply don't like video games, and should find a new hobby. It's that good!
on February 11, 2014
Other palyer's reviews were really helpful, because I saw many people giving high praises to this game, I bought then. Actually, I made a good decision. I played this game for almost 5 hours a day in my last winter break. The design is perfect, and the levels can be hard in the final, but it gave me lots of fun. I really recommand this to PSV players who's seeking intersting and well-designed games.
on November 30, 2013
I enjoyed this game and it is certainly one of the best games for the Vita. My only complaint is that the controls seem a little loose and sometimes are non-responsive (although this is a minor complaint). I love the stylized action of the Rayman games and this one is no different. If you are fan of the Rayman games, or platformers in general, this is a must own.
on February 28, 2012
i loved rayman back in the day when i played the first game on the sega saturn and continued playing when game's were released on the dreamcast and so on. i did not buy this title when originally released for the xbox 360 or ps3 cause i am not a fan of co-op but was glad when i heard it was coming to the ps vita and it was a solo edition. i would of bought but my wife bought it for me and had my 3 year old son give to me on v-day and i can say this game is great. it is so fun and looks great on the vita. i recommend to any one looking for a fun game to play .
on February 27, 2012
This game is great. It's fun to play, the artwork and graphics are amazing. It's very fun, creative and addictive. I actually laughed more than once at some of the goofy characters. If you like the platformer games like Sonic the Hedgehog and Super Mario Bros., you will love Rayman Origins. It's a great change from some of the 'serious' games I've been playing on the PS3 like Bioshock, COD, Fallout, etc. And it looks superb on the Vita. I agree with the other reviewer who said Uncharted and Rayman Origins are all you need to get for the Vita.

See 1 answered question