Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Dr Seuss Oh the Places You'll Go! Pencil Set, 72 Pieces (67816)
Safety Month botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Recess Monkey The best from Bose just got wireless Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro STEM

Size Name: OS|Color: Assorted|Change

on December 8, 2011
Unfortunately these pencils just don't work well as pencils. The kids loved them because they have a great theme, but after just a couple of periods the eraser easily detaches from the pencil (metal casing and all). I would venture to say that they aren't safe for young children at all. Most other pencils that I have used can be written with for several hours by elementary school students before needing sharpening again, but these only lasted until lunch time in my classroom.

The kids loved them when they saw them, but only hours later grabbed the old yellow standbys that have been worn down and erasers used up. Simply put, they just don't hold up.
on May 13, 2012
These pencils were something that our two kids were very excited to receive, especially after seeing the LORAX movie. However, upon usage we found them to be lower quality pencils. Especially the lead would break easily and they did not write smoothly. Who knew pencils could be so different. My son was especially frustrated by the difficulty in using these pencils. For now we are going back to the old standard pencils.
on January 3, 2013
I THOUGHT THESE WOULD BE CUTE CLASSROOM REWARDS TO GIVE TO MY STUDENTS FOR REACHING CERTAIN GOALS. THE PENCILS ARE ABSOLUTELY ADORABLE, BUT THEY HAVE A THIN PLASTIC COATING ON THE OUTSIDE WHICH PEELS OFF, ESPECIALLY INSIDE AN ELECTRIC PENCIL SHARPENER AND EVENTUALLY CLOG AND PREVENT IT FROM WORKING.
on November 4, 2012
Love Dr. Seuss, which I am sure everyone does. Love the pictures, the logos, the writing and the price.

Whatever form of plastic they used to print on does not like my electric pencil sharpeners (yeah, I got more than one). It wraps itself around the sharpener, forcing me to 'cut' it out after a while or risk breaking the sharpener.

My two daughters love them though, even though the erasers are poor as well becuase they use pencil toppers too...they use manual sharpener and they love the pencils. They share them and show them off to their classmates.

So, for a child, ther are what the should be, cute and the wrapping is in fact as durable as the child so they cannot tear it up. The manual sharpeners work fine and most children like the toppers too.

If your a grownup, get a grownup pencil you can't "borrow" your kids pencil...

A wonderful incentive, who doesn't like Dr. Suess..
on March 17, 2016
I ordered this items to give out on Read Across America Day this year. The design on the pencils was too cute to pass up. However, some of the designs were not lined up properly. This was only an issue on two or three of the pencils, but it was enough for me to notice. The pencils themselves are made of high quality materials. Overall, I really liked these pencils and they were perfect to help celebrate Dr. Seuss. These pencils are a great deal for the price, and I would definitely recommend them to a friend.
My kindergartner loves all things Seuss, and I purchased these wonderful, quirky pencils as incentive pencils for her (completing homework, assigned chore, piano practice, etc.). There are 72 pencils with HB #2 lead, and there are four designs on the theme, "Oh, the Places You'll Go!". The colors are typical Seuss, vibrant and engaging, and each design has a classic Seuss illustration. The four designs are also distinguished by the erasers at the end, in green, white, blue, and purple. Children and adults will delight in these wonderful pencils, especially if you are an ardent Seuss fan!
on March 24, 2014
I got these for my son's class, and they were a hit. The class used to do Friday surprise where the kids would guess what was in the bag and then once they figured it out they would talk about the item and how to separate it into categories by color, or whatever differences there was, then they all got one. These were great and there was a lot of the. I was very happy with these.
on March 24, 2013
They were very cute and the kids loved them but they didnot sharpen up very well.
The cover peeled off after sharpening. Bummer!
on January 6, 2012
Bought these for my students in the class that I interned in this fall. The pencils are great-do what they are supposed and fun to look at too. What I liked most about these was the fact that they were great for boys and girls.
on April 5, 2013
These pencils arrived on time as describe. I haven't yet offered these as rewards, so I don't know how popular they will be. They are a little more expensive per pencil than other comparable pencils. There should meet my expectations.