4.0 out of 5 stars A nice watch, February 2, 2013
This review is from: Raymond Weil Men's 2839-stc-00659 Maestro Silver Dial Watch (Watch)
This is a very nice dress watch that is jazzed-up with the addition of a moon phase "complication." The technical specs can be found on the Raymond Weil web page so I will not list them here. I will just offer my thoughts on the watch.

Pros:
1. Has a nice solid feel to it.
2. Keeps acceptably good time for an auto-mechanical.
3. The sapphire crystal is flat which is a nice change from the domed crystal one typically sees.
4. The moon phase and date are each adjusted with pushers: the moon phase pusher is between 12 and 1 o'clock the date pusher is between 6 and 7 o'clock. Go back and look at the product picture...did you notice the pushers? They are well integrated into the side of the case. But if you have large fingers you will have a difficult time pushing them due to the spring bars being in the way and will need something like a tooth pick to press them.

Cons:
1. The band. This watch can be found with two band colors: black which is nice enough and a brownish color that can best be described as chocolate pudding colored. Maybe Raymond Weil wanted to keep the band subdued but they did themselves no favors with brown color.
2. And speaking of the band it is not genuine alligator. The band is a cow(?) leather stamped with an alligator pattern. At this price point that is just being cheap IMHO. On the plus side regarding the band, the band uses a tang buckle which I find to be far more comfortable than those deployant clasp torture devices.
3. The date. This is my biggest complaint regarding the watch. The numbers are tiny...I mean almost illegibly small. I am 47 and wear progressive lenses. In order to read the date I have to stop, hold still and if there is enough light I can barely make out the date. The process is made more difficult because only every other number is printed. IE: 1 * 3 * 5, etc. If you are at a candle lit dinner you can forget about reading the date. Unless of course you pull out a flash light...not exactly suave! Maybe the designers thought a standard sized date window detracted too much from the look but ease of use took a big hit in deciding to go with the tiny date numbers.

I have had this watch for 2 weeks now and so far I am very happy with it - but the non-alligator band and the tiny date numbers cost the review a star. Knowing what I know now I would still buy the watch and I can recommend it if you are looking for a dress watch.

I hope this was of some help as you consider your decision.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very beautiful and I like its sound, June 29, 2014
Very elegant. I only hate about it the fact that if I didn't use it for around 24hrs it stops. It needs to be placed in a rotary box.

Raymond Weil Men's 2839-stc-00659 Maestro Silver Dial Watch