5.0 out of 5 stars A beautiful watch, August 19, 2011
This review is from: Raymond Weil Men's 4888-STC-20001 Don Giovanni Black Leather Black Dial Watch (Watch)
I am an avid collector of watches and I choose this model to treat myself for my 50th Birthday.
I have over 80 watches, from Gucci to Breitling, Invicta to stuhrling, and yet i wanted something that expressed style
and a certain amount of poise this will make a statement saying you appreciate style and quality

5.0 out of 5 stars a beauty, January 14, 2013
It's my first Raymond weil watch and I haven't regretted buying it, a real beauty, very sophisticated watch.
I can reccomend it to everyone who needs a special, big case and exclusive watch.

5.0 out of 5 stars Stylish, August 15, 2012
This is a very stylish and well made watch. It is eye-catching and a very nice combination of stainless steel and black colour.
The left and right frames are glossy, while the top and bottom frames are matte stainless steel. The glossy part is very nice and shiny that you can see your image in it, like a mirror. The watch is concave shaped, and the sapphire glass adds depth and crystal clear view of the dials. White light is reflected on the sapphire glass as purplish, nice. There is a tiny and shiny screw on each of the four corners of the watch face, nice.

The straps are leather with crocodile skin prints, and the back is embossed 'Don Giovanni' and 'Raymond Weil Geneve'. The straps are wide, which gives the solid and stylish look. The straps clip is convenient as I don't need to keep buckling and unbuckling the straps, and it helps the straps to be more lasting too. The straps are quite firm in the beginning as they are new. The watch somehow doesn't sit perfectly well on my wrist, maybe because the straps are not seasoned yet. I don't think the straps sizing would be an issue for most people as there is quite reasonable allowance.

The second hand swipes very smoothly as you would expect from a good quality watch with swiss movement. The second hand keeps going when you are adjusting the time, neat. When you turn the bottom dial clockwise, the upper dial also turns to synchronise with the dial below. If you turn anti-clockwise, then it doesn't. This allows the convenience to auto synchronise the dials, while giving you the option to set 2 different time zones. You would need to count the 'bars' on the upper dial to tell the time in 24hr format though.

The watch came in a big box, so big that I was wondering whether it was my watch that I ordered. Inside at the bottom, there is a nice and long triangular box with printed 'RW' symbol. Inside this box, there is a neat small card from RW saying congratulations in getting the watch, some info about RW etc. There is also a small card from Amazon on what is covered in the warranty (online the watch movement is covered), how to return the watch etc. Please note that buyer has to bear the shipping cost to return the watch if the buyer is outside of US and Canada. The price tag $3,250 is attached to the straps clip. No doubt that it is original.

Get this watch! no regret!

5.0 out of 5 stars very nice watch!, January 12, 2013
I love the watch the day it arrived, and wore it since.
I was kind of confused with some of the pictures, thinking it was very big. However, it fit my wrist perfectly. And I am an asian male...
I for sure will buy more Raymond Weil watch in the near future

Rate and Discover Movies