5.0 out of 5 stars Great for smoke detectors
Published on March 7, 2012 by ILUAJ

1.0 out of 5 stars Not worth the savings. inconvenient and unreliable.
Published 14 months ago by CourtneyB

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for smoke detectors, March 7, 2012
This review is from: Rayovac Alkaline Reclosable Pro Pack 9V Batteries, 8-Pack (Health and Beauty)
I love Amazon. It's nice to be able to get products such as these for a much cheaper price than what you would pay in-store. We needed a bunch of 9v batteries for our smoke detector and our local stores were charging over $2.00 per battery. I am an avid Rayovac fan and prefer them over Energizer or Duracell. These batteries were well within their expiration date, were brand new, and none were duds. I would recommend these to anyone needing 9-volts.

5.0 out of 5 stars great batteries for the buck, August 3, 2007
i use these batteries in a guitar wireless transmitter and as the power source for my active pickups in my fender 5 string jazz bass they work great and last at least 3 shows before replacing which is great.

5.0 out of 5 stars Rayovac A1604-8PP Alkaline 9-Volt Batteries, July 8, 2007
Great little package for keeping your batteries in. Easy to open easy to close, yet wont accidentally come open when you don't want them to. Great batteries too as they last a long time.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not worth the savings. inconvenient and unreliable., May 3, 2013
We buy a lot of things on amazon and when it came time to change our smoke detector batteries we naturally looked for a decent deal for an 8 pk on amazon. We replaced all 7 of our smoke detectors with these batteries. One beeped low batter the VERY FIRST NIGHT... no fun to be awakened at 3am to the chirping knowing if you do not replace it that it will make them all go off! So I located the culprit and changed that one out with a new one (the final one in the package as we have 7 detectors)... I figured no big deal it was one battery and who knows why it was low so fast. About 2 weeks later ANOTHER started chirping low battery. After the third one started chirping low I was thinking... Are you kidding me?! What a waste of my time and money to replace them and then feel like I had to go out and buy more batteries anyway because I did not trust the remaining detectors/batteries to alert our family in the case of an actual emergency.

Save your self the inconvenience and get something more reliable for a few extra bucks.

5.0 out of 5 stars Rayovac 8pk 9V Alkaline Batteries - Seller:Amazon, January 15, 2013
Justin Connors (Cecil, PA United States) - See all my reviews
Amazon filled this order (not a third party seller)

Just a reference point for others regarding the freshness of the batteries that I received:
Purchase Date: Jan 2013
Expiration Date Printed on Cells: Dec 2016 (4 years remaining)

Initial Open Circuit Voltages: Ranged from 9.57V to 9.61V

I'm happy with the freshness of the cells. I'm not sure what time window Rayovac uses when it builds them, but they seem fresh to me.

2.0 out of 5 stars Does not last as long., December 16, 2012
I purchased three RayoVac akaline batteries for smoke alarms and our wall clock. They claim to "Last as long as Energizer." Unfortunately they did not last as long. I have had regular heavy duty batteries last longer. The smoke alarm was 6 months, and the clock was 3 months. Energizer leaves them in the dust. I will give them credit in that RayoVac did replace the batteries, but I will not buy them again.

2.0 out of 5 stars NOT MADE IN USA, August 22, 2013
from listing: Proudly Made in the USA
these batteries were made in Malaysia
they may be OK, I only use them for backup of my AC smoke alarms.
Don't like being lied to!!

1.0 out of 5 stars low battery, February 3, 2013
within minutes of installing it in my smoke alarm, it already started beeping and alerting me that the battery was low

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Deal !, March 27, 2012
These cost so much in the stores & I found the value & lasting ability is good on these-as a medical unit for a family member...so grateful for them....many uses for these too.
At garages that charge A/C units-they use these constantly to look for leaks in the systems...thus a high use..GREAT BUY! I have purchased them when a big sale was on a store BUT now I can get my quota at Amazon-thanks!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Batteries, Great Service., May 23, 2011
Great little package for keeping your batteries in. Easy to open easy to close. Great batteries too as they last a long time. Lot of thanks to Parts-Express.com for excellent service.

Rate and Discover Movies