|Item Weight||12.8 ounces|
|Product Dimensions||3.4 x 3.4 x 7.3 inches|
|Item model number||SE3DLNCOM|
|Batteries||3 D batteries required.|
|Item Package Quantity||1|
|Type of Bulb||LED|
|Warranty Description||Lifetime warranty|
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
Rayovac SE3DLNACOM Sportsman 240 Lumen 3D LED Lantern, Green
|Price:||$18.33 & FREE Shipping on orders over $35. Details|
|You Save:||$11.66 (39%)|
- Enter your model number above to make sure this fits.
- 4-watt LEDs last 100,000 hours and never need replacing
- 240 lumens with three modes; high, low, and strobe
- Easy find green LED light blinks every 5 seconds when lantern is off
- Runs on three D batteries (not included); run time 40 hours (high mode) and 90 hours (low mode)
- Durable and water-resistant, this lantern is backed by a full lifetime warranty
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
With optimized beams, rubber grips, and tactical switches, Rayovac's SE3DLN Sportsman lantern is ideal for use inside and out, whether you're heading for the hills or camping out in your home during a power outage. Nicely compact and ultra-portable at just 7 inches tall and under 3.5 inches wide, the Rayovac SE3DLN lantern also provides an incredibly bright 240-lumen light that makes it a useful resource for outdoor adventures as well as for emergency preparedness.
This Sportsman green-and-black lantern features durable ABS construction and is engineered to be water resistant, making it ideal for use in rugged conditions. The bottom has a convenient hook that can fold out to light up your space--be it a tent, a basement, a garage, or a backyard patio--hands free. The Sportsman lantern also features a foldout rubberized handle for easy carrying. An easy-find green LED blinks every five seconds when the lantern is off so you can locate it even on the darkest nights. It's backed by a lifetime warranty.
The Power of LEDs
A perfect light source for modern lanterns, LEDs are virtually unbreakable, contain no filament or mercury, and never need to be replaced. The LED bulbs use battery power more efficiently than standard bulbs, greatly reducing the number of batteries needed over the life of the lantern.
The SE3DLN's 4-watt LED bulbs are powered by three D batteries (not included) for up to 40 hours of continuous use on high mode and up to 90 hours on energy-saver mode. The Sportsman LED lantern also includes a strobe lighting mode.
One Rayovac SE3DLN Sportsman lantern (batteries not included).
* In 2012 Rayovac adopted the ANSI FL1 standard for measuring light specifications. The standards were developed to help consumers compare technical specs between products. The ANSI FL1 standard indicates the light output for this product is 240 lumens.
Top Customer Reviews
Update (10/31/09): Just an update, I recently used this light in a power outage and it performed great. Bright and the batteries are still going strong. I also purchased 2 additional units and with just 3-D batteries each, who can complain! This is a great compact lantern.
(1) Changing the batteries is a clumsy operation. The base twists off to load the batteries. Putting back the base however requires a tricky alignment of the contacts. The base has two sections. The section with the contacts rotate freely about the section that you grip. Maybe I'm just clumsy, took me six tries. [[Update 5/18/2012. See notes below for hints on battery installation.]]
(2) Overall rugged materials and construction, with the exception of the tent hook. Cheap plastic, probably would break if dropped. Folds flat into the base. But held in place only by friction fit. If you use it enough, it will probably wear and no longer stay folded in place. If you don't fold and unfold the hook often, not a problem.
(3) Even when the power is off, one LED flashes every couple of seconds (like a smoke detector). This is a "finder beacon" to allow you to locate the lantern in a dark tent or room. I keep it around for emergencies. I don't know whether this causes any significant drain on the battery. When I have time, I'll check with the manufacturer. [[Update 4/30/2012. Battery drainage by the finder LED is negligible. See notes below. New reviewers continue to believe that battery drainage is a problem. It is definitely not.]]
(4) Still, it's one of the few units that run on a few (3) D-Cells. Many run on AA cells or then jump to 8-D-Cells. AA cells don't last as long, of course, but 8 D-Cells by themselves weigh a ton. Good unit for the price. Another example of Amazon's quirky pricing,though. Seems to vary from $26 - $30 on a daily basis. Still, Amazon's shipping and customer service is amazing.Read more ›
let me start off by saying that I am a flashlight afficionado. If you ask me about pistols, rifles, knives, or lights...you are now in my world, and I will talk your ears off.
Let me say that this is a great little lantern. I was walking around my local "Big Boys Covet Store" (Lowes) and saw this lantern on sale. I went over to check it out and inspect it, and then kept it on the back of my mind. When I got home, I went to one of my internet hang-outs (CandlePowerForum.com) and plugged in the lantern for some feedback, or reviews. Evidently it was very highly talked about. So I went back the next day (or was it IMMEDIATELY?) to purchase the little lantern. I gotta admit, I was not disappointed.
Since I have gotten the lantern, it is my new ruck sack companion. I will not leave to a mountain trek without it. And when I am not out in the bush, it stays on top of my reloading bench in case of an emergency blackout...or an earthquake. (I live in the San Freakcisco Bay Area).
The light is small (3.5" x 3.5" x 7.5"), but is plenty tough. It has a great rubber base, a rubber top section, and rubber side grips. Like the earlier folks stated, it has a HIGH, a LOW, and a STROBE function. As for the installation of the batteries...yea...I was scratching my head for a few seconds the first time. (No, not minutes - seconds). But after I looked at it for a second or two, it was pretty easy to see how it was supposed to go on, and I have not had a problem since then.
The little plastic hook on top is a total waste to me. Why? Because everthing else on this little beast is built so well, and then the did this?! (Added a flimsy little "Alfalfa Hair Piece" to the top of this exceptional little lantern).Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Great for emergencies or jus general use. I've used it in our attic while working on wiring.Published 12 days ago by J. Mark
Great size, nice light output. I just keep it for power outages and it's holding up fine after a couple years.Published 16 days ago by Amazon Customer