Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer CafeSociety CafeSociety CafeSociety  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports
Rayovac Sportsman 300-Lumen Lantern Hi: Can anyone report on how well the Rayovac Sportsman 300-Lumen Lantern works with NiCd or NiMH cells ? Anon15
asked by Anon15 on December 18, 2010
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-7 of 7 answers
A
KGregory answered on July 20, 2011
Comment (1) | 8 of 8 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I use this lantern with NiMH batteries and it works fine. Specifically, I use the Energizer AA Rechargeable 2200 mAh batteries or the Sanyo Eneloop AA 2000 mAh (I have multiple sets of rechargable batteries which I use for all sorts of things). I also use the AA to D adapters so the batteries will fit. The Sanyos last a little longer; probably because they are better batteries. Obviously, the AA rechargeables don't last as long as D batteries. I also haven't timed how long the lantern lasts with AA rechargables, but my best guess is about 10-15 hours. I hope this helps.
SirMontego answered on May 27, 2011
Comment | 10 of 10 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I use it with the Powerex 10,000 mah rechargeable D cells and it last just as long as the alkaline. I have used it for a week while camping and no problem. I also use a 12v D, C, AA, AAA charger with a solar panel to keep an extra set of batteries charged up and ready to go. No problems after a year of running this system.
genecharris answered on November 22, 2012
Comment | 5 of 6 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Does anyone know what the difference is between the Rayovac SE3DLN and the SE3DLNA lantern?
Amazon Customer answered on February 14, 2012
Comment | 1 of 3 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Not sure about that but if you do not use alkaline but regular d size that annoying extra ON ALL THE TIME little light is not on at all ever Goodie
Happy Camper answered on April 23, 2012
Comment | 2 of 7 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Excellent question. I will wait to see answer before buying this lantern as I want to use rechargeable batteries with it.
Jimmy the Great answered on January 6, 2011
Comment | 0 of 6 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I was about to ask the same question. Any takers? Specifically, is there a contraindication to using a rechargeable battery with the Rayovac Sportsman 300-Lumen Lantern?

TIA
N. D. Tor answered on January 3, 2011
Comment | 1 of 5 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse
‹ Previous   1   Next ›

See all questions about this product