Questions & Answers
Please make sure that your post is a question about the product. Edit your question or post anyway.
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 37 questions
votes
more towards cold white than warm white
May 20, 2014 by Qing
votes
I have it hanging in a metal barn with white interior walls. It is 24' X 40'. It hangs in the center and lights up about 30' brightly and the 5' on each end is a bit dimmer and shadowy.
Feb 20, 2014 by karen smith
votes
Twist the battery cover off at the base. I just hold the lantern upside down and twist the square rubberized battery cover counter clockwise. It should pop off with a half turn. Put the batteries in position. Then line up the two red arrows when re-positioning the cover.
Jun 28, 2013 by Some Guy
votes
I use this lantern with NiMH batteries and it works fine. Specifically, I use the Energizer AA Rechargeable 2200 mAh batteries or the Sanyo Eneloop AA 2000 mAh (I have multiple sets of rechargable batteries which I use for all sorts of things). I also use the AA to D adapters so the batteries will fit. The Sanyos last a little longer; probably because they are better batteries. Obviously, the AA rechargeables don't last as long as D batteries. I also haven't timed how long the lantern lasts with AA rechargables, but my best guess is about 10-15 hours. I hope this helps.
May 27, 2011 by SirMontego
vote
Rayovac has changed the way they rate their lights to conform with ANSI standards. Here is their statement: "* In 2012 Rayovac adopted the ANSI FL1 standard for measuring light specifications. The standards were developed to help consumers compare technical specs between products. The ANSI FL1 standard indicates the light output for this product is 240 lumens." So, its the same light that used to claim 300 lumens but now states 240. So a person has to be really careful when comparing and make sure they all are using this ANSI FL1 standard, otherwise its all subjective advertsing. lw
Aug 21, 2012 by kandoro
vote
The bottom of the lantern twists off with a quarter turn. Install 3 D cells. It can be quite frustrating getting the bottom back on the lantern so take your time. Once you have the batteries in, the lantern is fantastic. Great light, rugged construction. It is a shame that they don't put instructions for the battery installation or any thing else for that matter.
Dec 17, 2013 by James M.
vote
where is made? Dec 29, 2013
Made in China as most similar goods.
Dec 29, 2013 by Thomas Pan
vote
Best I can tell,no it does not. It has 3 low power less in the head
Mar 14, 2013 by John M. Harrell
votes
Real easy press once quickly to get powered on and that is high. Press again quickly and you get a lower setting. Press and hold and you get flashing emergency beacon
Jan 2, 2014 by Louis Bianco
votes
I'm guessing the leaking battery acid either corroded a terminal or it's covered with rust to the point it wont conduct electricity. You can try cleaning and inspecting the connections if you like. I wouldn't bother..just get a new one. Make sure you wear gloves. You don't want to get battery acid on your skin.
Oct 8, 2014 by Eric M. Rohosky
‹ Previous   1   2   3   4   Next ›

Unanswered questions
Search Questions and Answers