5.0 out of 5 stars rayovac 4-watt LED flashlight
I have had this flashlight about 6 months now. I keep it in my truck for emergencies. It is very bright, well made and very reliable. The battery
life is excellent so far. Every time I need a flashlight in the house I seem to always go out to my truck and get this one, so I ordered another
one for the house. Amazon price is great to.
Published on January 13, 2009 by David Wilson

3.0 out of 5 stars Good flashight, no much use for blood tracking though
Published 21 months ago by Griz44Mag

5.0 out of 5 stars rayovac 4-watt LED flashlight, January 13, 2009
This review is from: Rayovac Sportsman 180 Lumen 3C LED Flashlight (SE4W3CA) (Tools & Home Improvement)
one for the house. Amazon price is great to.

5.0 out of 5 stars Must have for tracking Deer, November 12, 2011
If you do not have a blood tracking light this is a good one along with the Remington headlight Remington RMBTHL-B Blood Tracker 3-N-1 LED Headlight I own both. If you have not used a blood tracker here is how it works. Deer move around at dusk. Many are shot just before dark and run after they are shot. When you set this light to tracking it filters out the other shades of color and you only see the red of the blood. Making the deer very easy to find in the dark of night. Then you can turn on the white light and dress the deer. This is a great gift for any hunter.

You may need these too.
Rayovac AAA Alkaline Batteries - 15 Pack exp. date 2017
CLC Sportsman Mossy Oak 1111M 24-inch Gear Bag, "WEEKENDER"
CLC Sportsman M125X Mossy Oak Backcountry Gloves - Size X Large

5.0 out of 5 stars Like the other folks said, December 22, 2008
This is a fantastic flashlight for the price; so bright, you could blind someone at 30 feet. A nice clear white light, sturdily built, and with just enough heft to "whop" something should the need arise. I bought one, then 3 more, now I'm getting more as Xmas gifts. Even my stepdad, who's really fussy about equipment and a lover of Mag lights, was impressed by the brightness of this. It has a lifetime warranty,too!

4.0 out of 5 stars nice light; switch could be better, March 29, 2011
Bruce Ensberg (Los Alamos NM USA) - See all my reviews
This is a nice, solid little flashlight, w/ good brightness. The only thing I'd change would be to make it possible to "lock-in" one of the three modes. As it is, every on-off cycle steps through the modes.

Update: The switch is slightly below flush on the end. This makes it hard to turn it on/off with the thumb. It's (slightly) less awkward to use the index finger. The switch design no doubt reduces the chances of killing the battery due to accidentally turning it on, but at some cost to usability.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great light - I compare the top three choices in this class of light, December 7, 2011
Length:: 6:24 Mins

I've been a flashlight hoarder for ages - it started years ago when I used to teach cave diving (SCUBA diving in caves) and shipwreck diving, when a good quality flashlight (and backups) could literally save your life. Later on when I was hiking and camping, especially in the different national parks in Utah, a few decent flashlights were also potential life savers. The sun sets really fast - it's like a light switch. On a moonless night it was impossible to see anything. Since then, I've always kept on the cutting edge of flashlights. It used to be Krypton bulbs and the Maglight was the standard. Streamlight, Maglight and others were the bright-light main-stream leaders. Times have changed. When the first LED's came out, I purchased a few - they still work, but are only a fraction of the power of this new generation of Cree LED's. Now almost every company that makes or ever made a flashlight makes Cree and standard LED flashlights. I always carry a couple (well, three) Cree LED's when on my urbex trips. Some manufacturers you may ignore make great lights - Rayovac, Coleman and others.

For under 30 bucks, there are three handheld, compact lights I'd look at. I purchased all three, and all are amazing. Since you're looking at this model light, you've probably looked at the other models as well. In the video I compare the following three models:

Remington High-Performance Tactical
Coleman Maxx/LED
Rayovac Roughneck

Beam type, features, size, etc.

A couple of things I did not mention or make clear in the video:

All three lights use a soft touch tail switch.
Remington: Three function, Bright/dim/dim flash - tap/soft touch to cycle, hold in for ˝ second and release to turn off.
Coleman: is a single function, simple on/off.
Rayovac: Three function, press to cycle. Hold ˝ second and release to turn off - but it also cycles to the next mode while doing so.

All three are excellent lights with almost identical brightness. The quality of the Remington and Coleman light is a little better - they use text textured reflectors to create an even light without hot spots or dark areas. The Rayovac has a smooth reflector so has obvious hot spots and dark areas that are visible closer up. Since most people will use these to shine on the ground at their feet or closely in front of them, this may be a consideration. The Rayovac also has a beam focus feature - this makes the beam narrower or wider - but not by much. It's really a pointless feature - it should have about twice the focusing ability. I prefer the Remington and carry it in my jacket - but it uses CR-123A batteries, of which I have an ample supply. The other two use AAA batteries, which are obviously cheaper and more readily available.

Bang for the buck: Coleman (three AAA)
Quality/Features: Remington (two CR-123A)
Features/lower price: Rayovac (three AAA)

When I purchased these, all included batteries.

Holster:
Remington: Included, light can go in bulb up or down.
Coleman: none.
Rayovac: Included, can only go in bulb up.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Field Light, March 20, 2010
I study nocturnal amphibians in Central America and have been using this as my principal light for the past two years. I am very happy with this light in both intensity and duration. I am constantly trying new lights to find the best. I must say that at this time I highly recommend this light to those that need to depend on a durable strong light to work among the elements of the nocturnal world.

4.0 out of 5 stars LED flashlights will soon make the incandescent flashlight extinct..., March 4, 2011
The Rayovac SE4W3C Sportsman Xtreme is a solid premium grade LED flashlight that delivers high light output, and good performance, at a fairly reasonable price. Powered by three C sized batteries, the 4vwatt LED light source produces light at two light levels (180 and 75 lumens). The beam is tight and intense, and is not adjustable. The power switch is small, covered with a rubber button, and a little stiff to operate. The rubber grip on the handle is comfortable, and hopefully will be durable. About 1.2 inches in diameter (including the grip), the flashlight is easily manageable, even for those with smaller hands.

LED's have many great features, including high light output, and long life (typically 20,000 to 50,000 hours). While the light output of an LED decreases over its lifetime, unless it actually fails and dies, output of an LED supposedly bottoms out at around 70 percent of its output brand new. Even at this level, performance should be decent. Another great thing about LED's, is that they still produce decent light output, even with batteries that are not at full power.

The workmanship and finish of the Rayovac, doesn't quite equal a Maglite. However unlike a Maglite, the end cap screws in very easily, and doesn't crush the batteries. The color of the anodized aluminum housing has a greenish tint, that clashes a bit with the black rubber handle. The lanyard at the end cap, is a bit on the cheap side.

The well-built Sportsman Xtreme is great for the home, business, or carrying in your vehicle. Typical for most LED flashlights, what is missing the ability to adjust the beam spread. Compared to an incandescent lamp, the LED has a very low profile, making it harder to focus the light output. Hopefully in the near future, flashlight manufacturers can come up with a low cost method to achieve this. Assuming similar pricing, unless you absolutely need to adjust beam spread, LED's are the way to go. Flashlights with an incandescent lamp, are an endangered species on their way out.

5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding Quality and performance at a very good price !!!, July 24, 2011
I have only had this light for about three weeks now and so far I can not think of a negative thing to say about it. It truly performs even better then the specs that Remington provides for it on the Remington website. EXAMPLE: Remington says it is water resistant and that is true because nothing is truly water proof. WELL, that said I can tell you that you can drop this Remington RM123-B flashlight in water and in fact even submerge it in water because I have tested it myself. You can even see a video review on Youtube of it being done by a guy who also has this flashlight. Just do a search and you will find the video quickly. This flashlight also performs very well and in fact as well as a flashlight costing two or even three times as much. The 150 Lumen output is very bright and the beam pattern, hot spot, and spill are excellent if not perfect. This light also throws a VERY nice beam of light for a long distance. I myself have clearly lit tree lines, tree tops, and various objects at a distance of at least 100 plus yards in total darkness with no problem at all. The low lumen setting is also very bright and I would quess it is about 60 or so lumens not sure, the specs do not say. Runtime is about 3 hours on Hi and 12 hours on low, very respectable. The strobe feature is very bright as well and can be very usefull for a number of situations. If you purchase this flashlight at this price, when you get it in your hand and feel the quality you will be very happy, and just wait until you see it perform. I am really glad I found this flashlight at this price and wish I did sooner. Trust me, I purchased many other's for a whole lot more money based on the name that are great but in truth are not any better than this one.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice Flashlight, March 19, 2011
Gives a very bright and even light. The difference compared to a regular bulb flashlight with the same battery power is amazing. This one tends to a Q-beam type brightness without the bulk.
I've used it on only two outdoor trips so still not sure how it will endure constant use. The switch is in a convenient thumb position instead of the base but could have been better designed with a sliding switch: off-on-bright, instead of having to click twice (through bright) to switch off each time its switched on. Appears and feels tough except for the switch.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good flashight, no much use for blood tracking though, March 6, 2013
Griz44Mag "Griz44Mag" (Republic of Texas, District of Manor) - See all my reviews
The quality of this flashlight is very good. It's a rugged little light that can be dropped into any pocket or pouch on your backpack. The battery life seems very good, I used it all season and did not need to change the batteries. for the listed purpose of blood tracking however, it's of very little functional use. I did a lot better using a white light flashlight. Suing the colored light in camp is nice as it won't leave you blinded like a white light will when you turn it off, and it will not disturb other campers when you need to wander out after everyone else has sacked out for the night.