1,661 Reviews
 (1,096)

5.0 out of 5 stars Noob - Destroyer of worlds
I am, at my girlfriends dismay, really starting to get into some FPS lately. Sadly, at 32, I am.. how do you say.. no good at them. My old man brain doesn't like learning new things and more often than not, I find myself cowering behind a rock.. crying "MAMAAAA" into my sniper rifle.

I purchased this mouse with one of their fancy mats too and have been more...
Published 16 months ago by Jay Mittener

This is my third Razer DeathAdder in about 1.5 years. What you see in these 5 star reviews are people who get the mouse and try it for about a week and realize how awesome this mouse is. The DeathAdder is a great mouse. Ergonomic, fluid, great sensing, good number of buttons, great feel, great button presses, etc.

What you don't see in the majority of these...
Published 5 months ago by Jeff Nick

5.0 out of 5 stars Noob - Destroyer of worlds, September 2, 2013
This review is from: Razer DeathAdder Ergonomic PC Gaming Mouse (Personal Computers)

I purchased this mouse with one of their fancy mats too and have been more than happy with it's performance. The mouse is EXTREMELY responsive, amazingly accurate, very comfortable, and easy to use. It did take a little bit of getting used to ergonomically as I was used to a simple mouse. The track wheel has no momentum which was one main thing to get used to.

I have only one complaint about this mouse; I don't like the lights. I find them to be slightly distracting and if I forget to shut everything down at night, the glow bothers me while I try and sleep.

Other than that, this mouse has made me a better person.. there is really no other way to put it. My girlfriend, as much as she will pretend otherwise, is very impressed with my new found skill set. I'm no longer a cowering noob, and I'm pretty sure that turns her on.

1.0 out of 5 stars What you see in these 5 star reviews are people who get the mouse and try it for about a week and realize how awesome this mouse, July 14, 2014
Jeff Nick (Washington DC) - See all my reviews

What you don't see in the majority of these reviews is someone who has used the mouse for over 6 months. The durability of Razer mouses is absolute garbage. Your Razer mouse will, without a doubt, start double clicking when you only click once. It has happened to all three Razer mice I've used. I thought the new version of the Deathadder (4G?) would be better durability wise. I bought this latest one in March 2014. It is now July 2014 and the infamous "Razer mouse double clicking on single click" syndrome has already started (just google "Razer mouse double clicking on single click" and see the thousands of discussions about it). My 3.5G deathadder lasted 6 months at least. This new one lasted 4 months.

This is a serious technical issue Razer needs to address. Yes, I know how to temporarily fix it. And there is no point in sending it back to Razer when you can watch a youtube video and figure out you need to completely disassemble your mouse, clean the left clicker, reassemble it and the problem is resolved for a few weeks to a month.

However, for a gaming mouse of this price, I shouldn't have to completely disassemble my mouse every month to fix the durability of the sensor detecting clicks.

2.0 out of 5 stars Externally the mouse is great. Internally it's cheap crap that doesn't last., June 2, 2014
Externally you'll love this mouse.. the grips on the side, overall aesthetics and functionality are great.
It's a great concept and works well --- for a short while, until things start breaking internally.

I've gone through 2 of these already. The first just stopped working for whatever electronics reason.

On the second, the scroll wheel stopped working. Took it apart and found an extension piece of the scroll wheel broken off inside the scroll wheel monitor. After popping it out and looking at it under a magnifying glass, you could see it was originally GLUED onto the scroll wheel... I mean seriously, glued?? and it was such a tiny, fragile 1.5mm diameter piece -- if you use/click your scroll wheel as much as I do, this glued-on piece is bound to break off sooner or later.

It's a shame Razer couldn't just take those last few steps to make this a solid mouse with stronger high quality components to make it more reliable and long-lasting.

Good mouse in many ways, but it's cheap inside. If you're looking for a long-lasting reliable mouse, this is not for you.

5.0 out of 5 stars A review for the new 2013 Deathadder !, January 24, 2013
Dear fellow gamers ,
this is a review for the latest mouse in Razer's Deathadder series .
If You have never owned a DA before , or You just want to replace your old one , buy this one without hesitation .

When I heard that Razer would release a new DA my first thought was that it was just another marketing trick to make a quick profit , but this model really IS a far cry from the old one .

I owned the 3.5 G Deathadder before and I had several problems with it :
There was quite a lot of play in the right click and the side buttons which doesn't sound like a huge problem ,
but it was hard to ignore .
Apart from that the device would suddenly stop working every few days and I had to unplug it and plug it back in , in order to turn it on again.
Also the mouse overall felt quite cheap .

The 2013 Deathadder has various important improvements :

The sensor has been replaced by a 6400dpi 4G Optical Sensor but I don't think that really matters to most gamers .
The scroll wheel is flatter and more responsive than the old one and it is a DREAM to use !
Same thing goes for the left and right click and even the side buttons . They don't seem as flimsy as in the old one .
The matt surface is a little bit rougher and in combination with the rubber side grips the mouse really feels like an extension of your hand .
This model feels so sturdy that it makes the 3.5 G feel like a cheap fake , it's honestly that much of a difference !

So if You personally take your game seriously I would make the investment and buy this version , it's definitely worth it .

5.0 out of 5 stars Finally a good left-handed gaming mouse!, May 15, 2010
Being left-handed, I have been starved for ergonomic gaming mice for my entire life. I had to be content using ambidextrous mice, such as the Razer Copperhead. That was a great mouse but there is a world of difference having a mouse that is molded to fit your hand. I had no idea how much of a difference it would make simply because I had never used a left-handed one--they didn't exist!

The mouse performs very well, it is very precise and the two thumb buttons are great. It has a pleasing blue glow and the cable is plenty long enough, even for those with their computer under the desk. It fits very comfortably in my left hand!

1.0 out of 5 stars Sign in and connect to a server to use your mouse, September 19, 2013
I don't give 1 stars lightly; this product merits it.

To program the mouse buttons, I went to the razersupport webside for the 3.5g deathadder drivers. They only offer legacy drivers years old and one new bit of software called razer synapse 2.0. It is an 'online cloud device updater and profile storage' application. I get it grudgingly thinking I can uninstall it after it grabs the latest drivers. Sadly, this is not to be.

Using the tool requires creating an account and validating it with an email address. So I use a honey pot email address and sign up. I run the synapse application, and log in to the server to get the drivers for the mouse. It does so without a hitch and now it is time to change the default mouse settings.

I swapped the default left and right mouse buttons(since I'm used to ambidextrous/right handed configs, I don't need left handed config for individual buttons ... I just want to hold the mouse in my left hand is all). I don't know why they have the left and right mouse buttons swapped by default but that is a one time fix, so I thought. They have an annoying visual of the mouse that can be switched from a left handed edition to a right handed addition. This is unnecessary but would not be a big deal except that it complicates my future troubleshooting I will get to below.

So I have finished tweaking things(and turning off the silly lights inside the mouse) and it feels great. I close the app thinking I'm done. Immediately the changes revert and I am fumbling to restart the app and see whats going on. I fight with the settings for a bit and then give up and look online. Turns out you must have the app running and the only thing you can do is turn it to 'offline' mode to stop the cloud sync; so much for getting rid of the bloat ware but at least it is only a one time thing right? Wrong.

Every time you start your machine, you have to sign in. You can have it remember your credentials and sign you in automatically but you still must sign in. Even in offline mode, this is the case.

Now, some people don't really care about these things. I do, so I am rating it based on my preferences. I find this product abysmal. If my reasons why don't matter to you, disregard my rating. However, if you find these connection requirements unacceptable like I do, I strongly recommend not buying this. It is a fine mouse, but the supporting software as bad as any design decision I've seen in software.

1.0 out of 5 stars Software destroys a good piece of hardware. . ., January 31, 2014
The mouse itself is nice, a bit large in the hand, but functions very well. . .

Unfortunately the software is an EPIC fail.

In order to configure the mouse buttons on this $60 mouse you must not only download cloud based software, and register for the cloud service, but also keep the cloud software running. That's right -- if you exit the cloud software your button configurations disappear. . .

Can't decide if it's going back or going in the garbage, but as soon as I get a new mouse this one is out.

Update. . .

After less than a day I decided to return the mouse. . .

In my brief time using it I found that the pointer precision was very good. The size of the mouse was a bit too big and after a while was slightly uncomfortable. In addition to the issues with the intrusive software I couldn't find anywhere to adjust the scrolling of the mouse. It certainly *has* to exist somewhere, but in about 20-30 minutes of looking around I couldn't find anywhere to do it. By default the mouse was scrolling 1 page at a time on Firefox, but on Chrome it was scrolling about 1 and a quarter pages at a time. . .

Still miss my Razer Copperhead. . .

2.0 out of 5 stars Mouse is fine, Synapse is not., December 4, 2013
The mouse works fine, and is a good mouse, on a personal note the "hump" of the mouse feels a bit forward, resting just under the knuckle of the forefinger but this is just something to get used to if you have previously used mouses with the "hump" farther back pressing into your palm. However, the Synapse system used to configure it was not working and contacting support only got me a copy pasted response with questions showing they did not read my issue at all. additionally the response was severely outdated to the point that the links to their own website don't even work anymore. I would only recommend this if you don't care about trying to change anything from factory settings, outside of that, wait until synapse is fixed/replaced or look into something not made by Razer.

1.0 out of 5 stars Garbage Beware, February 24, 2014
Robert gossmann (WELLS, VERMONT, US) - See all my reviews
At first I thought this was a good mouse, then after 3 months the left mouse button went dead. I contacted Razer customer support
and told them the problem. They got back to me via Email 4 days later and said I had to send them the defective mouse back before they would send me a NEW replacement. I had to pay the shipping! What the hell is that!. So I got a REFURBISHED mouse in a crappy little cardboard box 2 weeks later. Glad I still had my 4 year old Logitech which had never failed me once to use in the meantime. So I use this replacement piece of garbage and in less than 3 months the left mouse button dies just like the first one.Once again I have to pay return shipping for their defective product. $24 so far and I'm still waiting for another replacement. 3 weeks now. In the meantime I have ordered a new Logitech Gaming mouse. Whenever I had a problem with a Logitech product, the customer support was great and never had to pay for shipping and they sent the replacement right away. All in all Razer, their product and their customer support suck. Can't wait to take a hammer to the replacement they send after it fails again.

3.0 out of 5 stars Small size, poor side grips ruin an otherwise perfect mouse, December 23, 2013
In shopping for my mouse, I wanted five things: good side buttons, large size for my large hands, good grip, a good sensor, and the ability to make my LEDs different colors.
-The DeathAdder can't change LED colors, but I bought it anyway since it was the least important qualification. Still, it would be really nice to have it glow a color that I actually like, instead of the standard green. Most modern gaming mice allow you to customize your glow settings, so it is a little bit disappointing that Razer skipped this one. Even if they offered alternate models that only glow pink, or red, it would have been great to have that choice.
-The side buttons are very responsive, and a good size to prevent misclicks. However, this mouse is advertised as being able to palm/claw grip it. At least with my large hands (~8"), it is physically impossible to hit one of the side buttons in these grip styles, because it is too close to the palm-side of the mouse. For anyone with larger hands, YOU MUST USE A FINGERTIP GRIP or you will lose access to one or possibly both of the side buttons.
-To go one step further, I'd say you must use a fingertip grip with this mouse no matter what, if your hands are 7" or larger.. because this mouse is smaller than it looks in the pictures. Very strange, for a mouse that claims to be designed for a palm grip.... Perhaps Razer was catering a bit too much towards their smaller-sized crowd? I'm a woman, and this mouse is much too small for my liking; I'm thinking many male gamers will have trouble with the size of this, since a lot of you guys probably have hands as big or bigger than mine.
-The sensor is the primary selling point of this mouse, in my mind. It is 100% flawless.. Probably the best sensor on the market, being optical means zero acceleration for pinpoint accuracy, and it has massive DPI potential that is completely customizable. There is no room for improvement in this category - it's simply the best.
-Now onto the grips... This mouse has rubber grips on the sides of the mouse; these are the only contact points fingertip gamers have, so they are very important. It's clear they were designed for maximum gripping power, but the material they used doesn't work AT ALL. It *encourages* your fingers to sweat, and then gets very slippery and uncomfortable when you do. After 30 seconds of use, I can feel a noticeable difference in the texture, and it's very uncomfortable because it feels like I no longer have control of the mouse.. like it could slip out of my fingers entirely at any moment. If you're a small-handed palm or claw grip gamer, you might not have as much of a problem, but I can't say for sure because it's impossible for me to use those grips with the DeathAdder. Fingertip grippers.. STAY AWAY!

Bottom line: for a mouse that is a remodeled version of an older one, attempting to fix the flaws of its predecessor, I am quite disappointed in the final product. The design flaws of the old DeathAdder are still present in its tiny frame and side buttons being too far away from the thumb's natural resting position. But when they attempted to "improve" the grip with rubber siding, they *really* made a bad call. This grip area is CRUCIAL for fingertip gamers, and the rubbery texture makes it impossible to keep a stable hold on the mouse through intense gaming sessions when your hands sweat. Even just casual use browsing the internet makes the whole area wet, slimy, and uncomfortable within just a minute or two. I will be testing out the use of chalk dust (the stuff used for exercise equipment) asap, because this issue is the biggest drawback for an otherwise accurate and responsive mouse. Anyone with hands smaller than 6" in length who use palm/claw grip should be okay, but any bigger than that, I definitely DO NOT recommend you buy this, regardless of how much hype it has.

Razer DeathAdder Ergonomic PC Gaming Mouse