5.0 out of 5 stars Finally found my mouse!!! NAGA HEX
I absolutely love this mouse. I purchased the NAGA 17 button 2 months ago and just could not get used to it. I also bought the G700 and that was ok but too heavy for me. I didn't want to shell out 70 bucks for a new mouse but I finally talked myself into it and I am GLAD I did!

Published on March 26, 2012 by H. McCarty

3.0 out of 5 stars Razer Naga Hex
Published on January 23, 2012 by John W. Daniels

3.0 out of 5 stars Razer Naga Hex, January 23, 2012
The original naga gave me tendon problems in my fingers/hands, but the Naga Hex is zero pain since the thumb buttons are so easy to press. However, the the glossy plastic top is really annoying. my fingers stick on it. the pinky side of the naga mice have never fit my hand well either, further adding to the difficulty of pressing thumb buttons. (but with the Hex it's a breeze to push) it's difficult to grab the mouse with that "hump" over there. I wish razer would include interchangeable pinky plates with all their naga mice like they did on the naga epic. the naga hex seems a bit overpriced for what it is, nothing special. it's using Razer's older 3.5g sensor, green non-color changeable LED's and the cheap glossy plastic top. (rubber or rough plastic would have been nicer)

Razer really did do a good job on using mechanical buttons since they are the way to go. however, I'm always hitting the "5" button since I prefer to rest my thumb there, so it's gonna take some getting used to. Instead of this "Hex" marketing they should have just used a U-shape of buttons since that would feel much more natural. between this and the bad pinky side, it's difficult to pick up and lower the mouse. combined with their Z-axis lift tracking (cursor jumps an inch or two when you lift/lower) I bet this is why razer recommends 1600-1800 dpi so you're not lifting the mouse that much. coming from 800-1200 dpi for many years it will take some getting used to, but low DPI is just not feasible on this mouse because of the lift issues.

The ergonomics are pretty perfect if only the top wasn't glossy, and the pinky side had interchangeable plates. the shape favors a small hand palm grip or medium hand hybrid palm/claw. just don't expect to get much vertical movement with just your fingertips since your thumb will have to be holding onto the little "nub" inbetween the buttons. you're gonna need some wrist/arm action if you're using a low dpi.

Okay and one of the most fatal flaws (besides the glossy top) is apparently none of the Naga mice have onboard memory (except maybe the epic I think). so this means it's mandatory to use their driver software (Synapse 2.0) in order to use custom dpi or button configurations. the problem is, Synapse sucks. supposedly you can sync your settings across different computers? then why can't it sync your settings across the SAME computer? unplug/replug the mouse or change USB ports and ALL custom settings are GONE. If this had onboard memory this wouldn't be a problem, in fact I could just set up the settings i want and uninstall the drivers forever.

Basically in a nutshell, I think Razer cut some corners with this mouse and were more concerned with aesthetics than usability. the glossy top has nice graphics underneath but regular rough plastic or rubber would be much better. and the hexagon of buttons on the thumb side is not that optimal for most grips, however it's pretty easy to learn. like I said above, a U shape (turned clockwise) of buttons would have been much nicer.

5.0 out of 5 stars Finally found my mouse!!! NAGA HEX, March 26, 2012

I tend to claw grip my mouse and pivot on my wrist bone(right side) and I have smaller hands.

I play mostly MMO's and currently back to WoW. Keep in mind I still cannot press the buttons correctly on my NAGA 17 button. With this mouse,within minutes, I was pressing all 9 buttons like I had the mouse for months! The buttons are just laid out so nice. Also the fact that they stick out more help a lot. The two buttons behind the mouse wheel are great for me to hit with my pointer finger.

I originally had the original wow mouse and LOVED it. However I could only hit the top four buttons on that and two on the side plus the side button started sticking. I would say I like this Naga Hex mouse even more than that one.

Ok back to this mouse..The mouse comes with 3 different size pads for your thumb, they really do make a difference. I ended up liking the mid size..it is pretty close to the largest size and hard to tell which one is which by looking. The small one was too thin and I could not pick the mouse up very well with it. I like to grip the mouse.

As far as the 1-6 buttons, I rock my thumb forward and easily hit #2. I rock my thumb backwards and easily hit #5. #1 and #3, I just move my thumb up or down slightly. #4 and #6 I just bring my thumb back(up/down) slightly. The buttons are all laid out just right so that you can definitely tell a difference between them all.

I really do not have any complaints on this mouse and would recommend it to anyone wanting a lot of buttons but cannot get used to the Naga 17 button mouse. If I HAD to say what I like the least, it would be that the buttons(1-6) press in very easy. So if you tried to pick it up and had your thumb on #1, you would click it. I do, however, think that over time I will be easily trained to keep my thumb on the thumb rest. I pretty much already do but I could see it being a problem for some. They would never be pushed in moving the mouse side to side IMO.

Oh...and this mouse rocks in D3 as well. yes, I am in love.

Other notes- I run everything at stock 1800 dpi etc. I am not very technical but as far as I am concered the mouse tracks as good as any other mouse I have had. This review is mainly for comfort and ease of hitting all the buttons.

-Shaymon

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for gaming, December 20, 2013
We got this for my husband who loves to game. He likes the side buttons as well as the scrolling and top buttons. I think the mouse itself is a bit small but he doesn't seem to mind. It glows a fun green too. We lost the center thumb rest inserts (our toddler ran off with them) and we contacted Razer and they sent us some in the mail for free so great customer service if you ever need.

3.0 out of 5 stars it staggers, May 8, 2014
the mouse itself is amazing with great reaction time and the botons on the side are very usefull if your playing mindcraft or WoW, but at the same time they get in the way when you dont need them and your use to hold the entire mouse when things get hasty.
Also when even i press the left click the pointer tends to slide a little bit sideways, which at times is anoying when playing starcraft, or doest acknoledges the comand, which get many of my troops killed.
for the price am not happy with the results and also the curve like shape is hard to get used to it, but is my own personla preference.
P.S i already tried to adjust the settings on it but nothing seem to get to the preference i want.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great mouse, but razer..., September 8, 2013
Overall I found this mouse to be great. It has great customization, right amount of buttons (that are mechanical and feel so much better than regular extra mouse buttons), fits good, buttons are in good spots, but... as it seems with a lot of razer products they have a tendency to fail. After about 8 months, the mouse would start not moving at random times, or would move in some direction but wouldn't register others. Overall I would recommend getting it if you don't mind having it fail after a bit and waiting for a replacement, which for the most part razer customer service is good at doing if something fails. Love the mouse in every way except for its tendency to fail and will probably continue using it as long as razer keeps replacing it or it stops failing.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best mouse. And I've tried a bunch of them., October 18, 2013
Im a gamer. I play Starcraft 2 at least a few times a week. If you dont know what that is, its a very intense strategy game that requires a ton of mouse-efficiency. I have tried at least 4 or 5 other mice that I have purchased through Amazon and either I still have them and don't use them or I sent them back for a refund. This mouse has been perfect, everything from the feel of it to the software it comes with. Reprogramming the buttons was easy and they all work! Other mice have failed: either the buttons break or the software doesn't program the buttons right. I've owned this mouse for about 2 months and so far no signs of either failure. If something changes I'll update this review but so far I would give it 7 stars of out 5 if I could!

5.0 out of 5 stars My FPS Mouse, January 22, 2014
I love it....I mean, I...LOVE...IT.

If you're like me and don't like moving your hand far away from WASD when playing an FPS or 3rd Person Shooters then you'll find this to be a great accessory.

How I use it: Push-to-talk mic, quick grenade, utility grenade, weapon secondary, item slot, zoom toggle(when mouse 2 is used for spells in Bioshock). Essentially anytime I want to use something I don't want to bind to 1-2-3 or Q and E, I bind to the mouse.

I want to keep this ultra quick so:
-I've had it for 1-1/2 years and works just as well as day 1.
-Most precise gaming mouse I've had and I've had 3 others(2 Cooler Master CM Storm laser mice, and 1 Logitech laser mouse)
-The Razer Synapse software is great and lets you customize the inputs to do what you want, including macros and keyboard inputs.

It's great, I love it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Razer Naga Hex LoL Review, January 22, 2014
This review is from: Razer Naga Hex League of Legends PC Gaming Mouse (Personal Computers)
[...]

A up rating for this review is much appreciated, I go into depth about this Hex vs the Red/Green Hexes. I don't agree that you should pay 20 bucks more for something that is just preference and there's blatantly no other option for a Hex w/o gloss EXCEPT on the one that's more expensive and that is basically an advertisement.

3.0 out of 5 stars Review, October 4, 2013
I use a claw grip. And with that the buttons on the side are in the perfect position. I only with the glossy top didn't attract so much nastiness from my hands. Also the synapse 2.0 is pretty buggy. I have to spend 5-10 minutes just reselecting my many profiles onto the mouse. Granted this might not happen if I had a tower than a laptop but other mouses have the programs right on the mouse than the cloud...

5.0 out of 5 stars A great mouse once you get used to it, September 26, 2013
First off I want to say that I love this mouse. I was skeptical of buying one after the mixed reviews I had read, but decided for the price I'd go for it (at my time of purchase the red edition was about $65). Upon opening it up you're definitely "wowed" by the looks of this mouse. The details are great, the slick surface while not the best on the hand(see below) looks amazing. The LED's inside really complete the "gaming mouse" look. I've only had this mouse a few days so these are my initial impressions, I will update at a later date after more rigorous use.

Pros:
-The extra buttons are great without being overwhelming like the Naga, you can easily remember what buttons are where by the hex placement.
-The mouse is smooth and reactive, I haven't noticed and lag or skipping at all.
-Razer synapse 2.0 looks really cool, I've only used it minimally again since I've only had the mouse a few days but it seems cool.
-The cable is very thick and high quality, looks like it will last a long time.
-The style of course, it just looks so damn cool sitting on your desk!

Cons:
-As other reviewers have said the slick surface can cause sweaty hands, I don't have as big of problem with this as I play with a fingertip grip style - but even my fingertips get sweaty and I find myself having to wipe them off after intense boss fights or PvP.
-Again because of my fingertip grip I find myself accidentally hitting the back "5" button when I go to make swift movements. I do agree with some others that perhaps a "U" design would have offered better grip and control, but we'll see if after more time I get used to it being there.

Bottom line: If it stays at the current price-point of around $60-70 or less it's definitely worth picking up. The extra buttons are great without being overwhelming, and so far the quality of my mouse is great. I'll update this review after I've had more time with the mouse.

Rate and Discover Movies