1,233 Reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Naga 2014 vs Naga Epic
Published 7 months ago by shademar

The manufacturer commented on the review below
1.0 out of 5 stars Worst support experience ever
Published on October 4, 2012 by NTchrist

1.0 out of 5 stars Worst support experience ever, October 4, 2012
The product is great. I loved the mouse. It worked for about 6 months, and then the mouse died. Naturally, I called razr support. The first 2 people I talked to did nothing but read from a script, and either refused to acknowledge my statements, or did not understand what I was saying. They kept telling me to try and update the firmware for the mouse even after I tried to explain to them that the device was not powering on. When I plugged it in and ran the firmware utility, the utility didn't recognize that a mouse was attached. After almost an hour of convincing them that I had tried it on multiple computers (and even swapped cables with my roomate who has the same mouse) the problem persisted. Forgive me for being a child of logic, but when you have 2 identical devices, and 2 identical cables, and one works with both cables, and the other doesn't work with either... IT'S PROBABLY NOT MY COMPUTER.

After almost an hour of smashing my head against their tech support, they finally gave me a case number and told me to email some information to their tech support along with a proof of purchase. I sent them the pertinent information, and included my Amazon Order details and Invoice in pdf form as a proof of purchase. They replied after a few days telling me that an invoice and order page is not enough of a proof of purchase. I replied with a screenshot of my bank statement showing the transaction number from amazon on the same day of purchase, along with camera pictures of my mouse next to my amazon history page. It has now been almost 2 weeks and they refuse to acknowledge my inquiries as to what the status of my RMA is.

5 stars for the product, -4 stars for support. If you're like me and need the side pad for gaming, go with a competitor product. At least if it breaks, you might get a new one from someone other than razr.

Posted on Oct 8, 2012 3:53:49 PM PDT
HI NTchrist,

Sorry to hear about that - please forward all the correspondences with our Support team to feedback@razerzone.com. We'll try our best to assist you.

Thank you for understanding.

Regards,

Razer Customer Satisfaction

The manufacturer commented on the review belowSee comments
1.0 out of 5 stars 3 Defective units in a row...great product if it works, August 8, 2012
First - Amazon has been excellent in its customer service and managing refunds/exchanges for this product. This review is reflective of the product/manufacturer and not of Amazon.

There are few wireless gaming mice available which have buttons in useful locations and with reasonable battery life. This mouse is excellent...except for the fact that I keep receiving defective ones. After 3 mice with 3 different issues I'm...well...done with this product. Razer appears to have invested a significant amount of energy and cost into their packaging and cut corners on quality control and the manufacturing process. Also - Razer technical/customer support is...er...sub-optimal. I've actually received better customer service from my Cable company and from AT&T...companies that generally aren't known for their stellar support systems.

Here is my personal Razer Epic mouse saga over the past 2 months or so:

Mouse #1:
- Out of the Box: worked fine
- After just about 30 days the mouse "died"; no lights/no response.
- Returned to Amazon and exchanged.

Mouse #2:
- Out of the Box: worked fine
- After about 3 days all the lights on the mouse went out.
- Returned to Amazon and exchanged.

Mouse #3:
- Out of the Box: After the mouse has been in use for about 1 minute it stops responding/moving the cursor on the screen.
- Returned to Amazon for refund

Each of these mice were tested in the following ways to try and rule out a compatibility issue/glitch:
- With and without the Razer driver installed
- USB port in the computer and in a powered USB hub
- Wireless and with the recharging cord connected
- On two different computers - one with Win 7, one with XP

Even if you do get lucky and your mouse works out of the box I would be very concerned about whether it will fail after the Amazon return period (in which case you would need to deal with the wonderful Razer support team). If you examine the reviews for this product you will find they are a mixture of reviews on the "old" (previous version) and "new" (current version) of the mouse. The "old" reviews tend to be very positive with few customer issues; the "new" reviews tend to be less positive and indicative of quality/manufacturing problems.

Posted on Aug 8, 2012 11:29:27 AM PDT
Hi cedest,

So sorry to hear you went through that experience.

Please contact us at feedback@razerzone.com with a more detailed history (I understand it's already quite detailed), but I would like to see what went wrong.

Thank you for understanding.

Regards,

Razer Customer Satisfaction

1.0 out of 5 stars Beware of this mouse, July 17, 2011
=Cons=
I purchased this mouse through Amazon a couple of weeks ago looking forward to this mouse's potential. However, I've gone through 2 of these mice over the past two weeks. They both worked for 2-3 days, then all of a sudden the buttons do not click unless held down for 2-3 seconds. And once the clicking problems started, the lights on the mouse stopped working. I tried reinstalling and flashing the firmware with the latest files from Razer Support to no avail. I find it hard to believe so many people have the same problems with this mouse for it not to be a manufacturing problem.

=Pros=
Great ergonomics. I like all 3 of the grips and the side buttons. It seemed like the perfect mouse.

Wish I had trusted some of the negative reviews on this site and avoided this mouse altogether. I'm awaiting my third replacement mouse...praying it works as intended. I believe Razer has bad quality control in the development of this mouse. They need to develop new firmware/drivers or some other solution. Many others have the same problem I do. Buy at your own risk!

Posted on Apr 18, 2012 5:04:26 PM PDT
Razer|Wave says:
(MANUFACTURER)
Hello Jab6string,
We at Razer are very sorry to hear about your complications with the Naga. You can always contact our support team at www.razersupport.com/email or by phone at 888-697-2037 if you have any more issues. We will be more than happy to help you as promptly as possible. The fact that this issue has been repeating with you in particular does sound like a coincidence and is definitely not something that should be happening again. Thank you for the review. We hope that we can better satisfy you in the future.

Razer|Wave

1.0 out of 5 stars Different Verse, Same as the First, November 21, 2011
Ditto all other 1-star reviews. Same thing for my husband and I. My Naga wire shorted out. "No problem," they said. "We'll send a new one." We never heard from them again. We were foolish enough to just go ahead and order TWO new Naga Epic (wireless). My husband's arrived with the 10-12 row of buttons too low in the case to be usable. It went back, and we didn't replace it. I kept mine; now, less than 3 weeks after purchase, the pretty lights have already failed. Who knows what will go next? And customer service is too hard to deal with to even try to get a replacement.

1.0 out of 5 stars I bought two so trust me when i say DON'T BUY IT!, September 12, 2014
This review is from: Razer Naga 2014 MMO Gaming Mouse (Personal Computers)
Worked fine but after 8 months the wheel started acting weird, when I scroll I get random scrolls to the opposite side.
My 10$ Microsoft mouse served me for 5 years and still works like a charm.
I did a search and found the same problem with "Razer Deathadder" ones.
I was planing to buy a "Razer Blackwidow" keyboard but now I'm considering Corsair K70 because this mouse is the last Razer product I'll ever get.

1.0 out of 5 stars This review is more about the awful customer service, May 17, 2014
This review is from: Razer Naga 2014 MMO Gaming Mouse (Personal Computers)
It's a great mouse. I bought it for my boyfriend and he loves it! However, it stopped working after a few months. Getting Razer to respond to how to get it replaced was a nightmare. It took weeks to get to the point where we could send it back for a replacement. The replacement was a refurbished mouse that was broken from the moment we got it. So then there was many more back and forth emails. The worst part was Razer wanting us to pay for shipping back the second broken mouse they had sent us. Thankfully Amazon made things right. Thank you Amazon!

5.0 out of 5 stars Naga 2014 vs Naga Epic, April 18, 2014
This review is from: Razer Naga 2014 MMO Gaming Mouse (Personal Computers)
I originally bought the wireless epic version of this mouse. It got off to a bad start (unresponsive left click) but it would fix itself randomly. That would have been enough for a return/exchange but there were more fundamental differences that ended up in the mix. One major reason I exchanged for the 2014 version was that the thumbpad on the epic was difficult to use and offered little tactile or audio feedback.

My frustrations with the epic have been replaced with excitement for the 2014 (this is my first real gaming mouse.)

The redesigned thumb-grid makes a world of difference. It's not just the clickiness and definition; there's now a concavity and button separation that feels more natural. The overall form factor is just as comfortable (plus it's easier to brace against the right hand side to hit the thumb keys without hitting the left/right clicks in error.)

Finally, the left-right wheel tilt is great. Easy to use, clicky and responsive, and gives me two more options at my index finger.

If, like me, you have problematic hands (RSI, tendonitis, weakness or whatnot), I recommend the 2014 as a superior choice.

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor quality - stopped working after 3 days., December 10, 2011
I purchased this mouse new. When I took it out of the packaging I noted that the left click button was rather loose, but it didn't impede the performance of the mouse (other than it was a little annoying).

Within three days the mouse stopped working. I've tried everything to revive it, including trouble shooting and trying on different machines.

This is the third Razer product I've had that's turned out to be a dud. You'd think I'd have learned my lesson by now.

Can't recommend this POS.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good, but suffers from connectivity issues, October 29, 2011
I've been using the Naga Epic as my primary mouse for the past 4 months. The mouse is excellent in use and is fantastic for anyone that enjoys MMOs. There is a learning curve with the placement of the buttons on the side grid, but before long you won't even remember having a hard time finding the right button to hit. I cannot imagine going back to playing MMOs and activating skills with the keyboard, the experience with the Naga Epic is that good.

Unfortunately the Naga Epic has serious technical issues that prevent it from being a good user experience overall. The mouse offers the option of using it in either wired or wireless mode, which you can switch between on the fly by toggling a switch on the bottom of the mouse and switching the USB cable from the wireless transmitter/dock to the mouse itself. The main issues with this mouse are somehow related to this ability, as the mouse frequently becomes unresponsive and will not "wake up" until I switch the connectivity mode (i.e. if I am wired, I must go wireless; if wireless, I must go wired). At first I thought this was a battery issue and I was not properly charging the mouse, but this unresponsiveness issue still occurs when the mouse is being used in wired mode and is directly plugged into a power source; it simply will not become responsive unless I switch to wireless mode. This can be very frustrating to have happen mid-game. In my experience, this issue happens multiple times per day, and has continued to occur even after updating the mouse to the current firmware version.

That said, I still really enjoy the ergonomics of this mouse and the button grid is excellent for use in MMOs. My only wish is that I had bought the standard, wired version of the mouse. I would have saved money and likely had less connectivity issues.

5.0 out of 5 stars Useful Mouse for PC and Mac Users, a bit intimidating at first, February 3, 2011
The hardware is nicely built and has a solid feel to it. The charging station is heavy..you won't be knocking it over by accident.

The buttons have a nice feel and even with big sausage fingers I was able to just click one at a time. Determining where your fingers are and which button you're pushing will take some practice.

I happen to use both Windows and Mac with this Mouse every day. On Windows, I use it for work (web developer). I have setup Macros and Key Mappings that help me with common tasks (add a table skeleton, add common code snippets, etc.). This works great.

On my Mac, I play games with it, mostly. At first, I tried to map every single action to the mouse. This just didn't work well for game play. So now, I use a combination of the keyboard and mouse buttons. Only using about 6 out of the 12 buttons for things like Health Potions, Speed Potions, Mounts. I do find that clicking the bottom 3 (10,11,12) is a little bit of stretch when you're trying to also move your character around with the mouse.

There are options for profile switching based on the current application you are in. I have not tried setting this up, honestly.

There are some video tutorials available, and if you really want to get the maximum use out of your new fancy mouse, I do suggest watching them. Just check the Razer Naga Epic site.

The Mac Drivers seem just as good as the Windows Drivers, although you don't get all the flashy Configuration Screens.

One thing that is missing from the Mac side is the Firmware Updater. You cannot update the firmware from a Mac, as far as I know.

If I were building this, I would probably remove the bottom 3 buttons on the side and make the rest bigger, that's my only real issue.

Razer Naga 2014 MMO Gaming Mouse