4.0 out of 5 stars good for a 3 year old
a little small; my son might be able to use if for a couple years probably. but he enjoys it. nice blue color; easy enough to assemble (i did it myself).

Published on January 1, 2011 by john 3:16

3.0 out of 5 stars OK, but not great, scooter for an older toddler
Published on December 26, 2010 by LJathome

3.0 out of 5 stars OK, but not great, scooter for an older toddler, December 26, 2010
This review is from: Razor Lil' Kick Scooter (Sports)
My 2 1/2 year old little girl got one of these for Christmas. She is off like a rocket, which she loves. She gets tired quickly, but as she gets better at it and gets older it will be perfect. Her 4 1/2 year old brother has a more advanced model but she does fairly well at keeping up. The rubber wheels make this a nice, quiet ride so we don't disturb the neighbors at 8am on a Saturday morning when we set off to the playground... Seems good quality and very stable. I still would recommend a helmet be worn though just in case.

Addition to the above: I initially rated this scooter higher but after months of having it, my daughter can't ride it well. The double wheels are at the back and she keeps hitting them with her foot. The more expensive Kick scooter that we bought for my son is preferable to this one. It has the double wheels at the front and seems more stable when in motion.

2.0 out of 5 stars PLEASE READ!!!, July 15, 2012
This review is from: Razor Lil' Kick Scooter (Sports)
I bought this scooter for my daughter to get used to the way the scooter worked (as a concept). In that regard, it is great. However, the 2 wheel design in the back makes it scrape her little ankles. The screw heads stick out (they are not flush with the wheels) and having the wheels themselves wider than the base makes it hard to really get going. All in all, it was great for what I bought it for. But pricey for that use. She used it maybe 5 times, now we have to upgrade. She would have taken more spills if I hadn't bought it, but she got scraped up ankles anyway, so really I am just out a good chunk of change!

2.0 out of 5 stars Ankle biter for sure..., June 25, 2013
This review is from: Razor Lil' Kick Scooter (Sports)
I saw razor, and pink, and I ordered it. Had I looked closely at the picture I would have seen this potential flaw in the scooter's design.

Look at the capped castle style nut on the center of the rear wheels. As your child pushes the scooter around, inevitably the ankle gets into contact with the nut and scrapes the skin.

I let my little girl ride this twice, both times she hit that nut 2-3 times and it just killed me to watch it. I returned the thing immediately, doubled my budget and got something with a much better build quality packaged around a well thought out design: The Mico Mini scooter.

3.0 out of 5 stars Razor Jr. Kiddie Kick, August 12, 2010
This review is from: Razor Lil' Kick Scooter (Sports)
Nice item, not meant for anyone older than 4. Good structure but a little unsteady.

4.0 out of 5 stars good for a 3 year old, January 1, 2011
This review is from: Razor Lil' Kick Scooter (Sports)

update 2 years later: yes, he's used it for 2 years and has upgraded to a razor. but it's held up these years, good enough to hand down to our neighbor. he even used it last week and laughed that even though it's small, he can still balance on it. would buy it again.

2.0 out of 5 stars Your child will hurt his/her ankles for sure., November 17, 2013
Trevor (Alexandria, VA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Razor Lil' Kick Scooter (Sports)
The scooter works fine… but having two wheels in the back with nuts sticking out is a killer on the ankles. The design is a real ankle-bitter! If you buy a "toddler scooter" you are much better off buying one with two wheels in the front.

2.0 out of 5 stars not for anyone over 3, January 19, 2012
This review is from: Razor Lil' Kick Scooter (Sports)
the riding board is only about a foot in length and the back wheels have bolts that stick out so if your child is 3 or older, they will kick off and hit the back wheel bolts with their ankles/ feet; my son has to kick off to the side to avoid this issue which really defeats the purpose of having the scooter---the mobility is very limited

1.0 out of 5 stars Horrible, May 2, 2014
This review is from: Razor Lil' Kick Scooter (Sports)
Before buying this scooter, I read the customer reviews saying the back bolts "bit" the child's ankles. I figured the design couldn't be that bad, and the reviewers were over-reacting. I was wrong. The very first time my daughter rode this scooter, she hurt her ankles. She kept trying and kept hurting herself. I would give it zero stars if that were an option.

1.0 out of 5 stars Very bad back wheels, September 10, 2012
This review is from: Razor Lil' Kick Scooter (Sports)
I will never recommend this item to any one....
-the back wheels are hardly spinning you can,t even rotate with hands...
-back wheels knot are facing outword sharply which will easily hurt kids' leg.

1.0 out of 5 stars too small for 4 and above, February 18, 2012
This review is from: Razor Lil' Kick Scooter (Sports)
The product is well built and sturdy, but it is not meant for ages upto 6. There is no way my 4 year old son's feet can fit on the standing deck board - in spite of his being small for his age. It is good for 3 years or younger. The product description misleads you by saying "Designed for children ages 6 and under". I just printed out the return label and am on my way to USPS.

Razor Lil' Kick Scooter