5.0 out of 5 stars A favorite Christmas gift
Published on January 15, 2008 by Emily J.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good but cheap wheels
I absolutely loved the small size and how flexible and fun it was, even easier to do tricks with. But the back wheel "burnt" out after only 3 weeks of using it to get from class to class. By that I mean it wore down then ripped apart. I love ripstiks always have always will but whatever they started making the wheels with sucks, not nearly as durable as my...
Published 2 months ago by Kiefer Spangler

5.0 out of 5 stars A favorite Christmas gift, January 15, 2008
Emily J. (Friendswood, TX, USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Razor RipStik Ripster (Sports)
While trying to decide between the original Ripstick and the Wave for my 12 yr. old son, I found the "newer" Ripster. I read reviews of how these were lighter weight and you could do tricks more easily. Of course, that caught my attention and I'm glad I purchased this one. This has been one of his favorite and most used Christmas gifts. He was able to take off after the first few tries and was really good after a day or two. His older brother, 17, also picked it up quickly and uses it frequently. I recently heard a friend comment on how much lighter this was than the original Ripstick. I am thoroughly pleased with my purchase (although I see they are now cheaper than when I bought) and would highly recommend this.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just Perfect, April 18, 2008
Rodrigo Padilla M. (Monterrey, NL, MEX) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Razor RipStik Ripster (Sports)
I bought the RipStik Ripster for my 7 year old and he just loves it. He had a little practice with his brother's ripstik but he says that the ripster is much easier for him to ride. The size is just perfect for him.

I hope this helps.

5.0 out of 5 stars Razor RipStik is Awesome, September 13, 2010
This review is from: Razor RipStik Ripster (Sports)
After much review/research of caster boards, I chose the ripstick ripster for my nephews 10th birthday. The original ripstick reviews and the "wave board" brand original caster boards were noted for being much larger and heavier with wider stance on the boards and for younger children they would not have the weight and maneuverability as the smaller ripstik ripster (not to mention the cost is $40-$65 more than the $65 ripster). I am so glad I chose the ripster, it arrived within the alloted number of days for shipping and it was/is his favorite present. Immediately the kids all went outside and began to ride it. My daughter (also 10 yrs old) loved it so much, she used her own money and bought one a couple days later. Whenever we go on walks in town, my daughter uses her ripster! Highly recommended and sturdy, although be prepared to spend a few hours learning to ride it...the kids seem to be able to pick it up quicker than the adults though! If you are buying for an older child or an adult, buy the original ripstick as it goes to 220 lbs compared to the 175 lbs of the ripster and is longer. I would say as you approach 125lbs the original/larger size might work better. GREAT invention!!Razor RipStik Ripster

5.0 out of 5 stars Ripster or other one?, October 3, 2008
This review is from: Razor RipStik Ripster (Sports)
We were unsure what kind of board we will buy for our son. (8years old) At the end we decided to buy the ripster. I am very happy that we went with it. The WAVE or Ripstik are bigger. Especially the Wave (Street Surfing) board is very hard und big. The Ripster is very flexible and smooth to ride. We allready bought a second one to have even more fun.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good for people with narrower stances and good for doing tricks, June 9, 2012
This review is from: Razor RipStik Ripster (Sports)
I'm not a little kid like most of the people who use this thing, but I do happen to have short legs. I can ride a regular ripstik just fine, but it's really difficult to do tricks on, especially for someone with short legs. However, one of my friends happened to have a shorter ripstik, so I tried it out and it was very easy to adjust to since I already knew how to ride a regular ripstik. I'm still waiting for my ripster to get to my house, but since I have already ridden one with ease, I can say that this is a great skateboard, but for those unfamiliar with ripstiks or similar casterboards, there IS a learning curve. To be honest, I can't even remember how many times I fell or ran into something before I got the hang of the original ripstik, but once I got used to it, I found myself able to maintain my balance and stay on for hours without letting my feet touch the ground. Anyway, the main reason I ordered the ripster is because the original ripstik is difficult to do tricks on, as it is hard to easily change positions on something that big. I find that with a shorter board, it will be easier to get my foot to the edge of the board to do a trick such as the manual, or to get both feet on one side to do a hang 9 or hang 10. Another reason is that when I tried this board out for the first time, I noticed that it was a lot easier to propel than the original ripstik and it causes a lot less strain on one's legs. I still love riding my older ripstik, but I honestly think this one will be better for tricks and such. I would definitely recommend it for little kids or people like me with shorter legs. I hope this review was helpful! :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Kids love it!, April 29, 2008
This review is from: Razor RipStik Ripster (Sports)
My 12 year old twins (boy/girl) love this Ripster. They decided on the Ripster over the full size because the reviews said the Ripster is easier to use. It took a little time & multiple falls, but they both have the hang of it & run outside to play with this thing. Kids (mostly boys) over for a b-day party played on it too. All said they prefer the Ripster (11-12 year olds).

5.0 out of 5 stars A Review From an Adult Rider - (Edited), April 4, 2013
This review is from: Razor RipStik Ripster (Sports)
The first time I ever saw a caster board was April 2013 when one of my college classmates came into class on her original red RipStik. Within eight hours, I was walking out of Target with a blue RipStik Ripster in hand. (Amazon is amazing, but I was willing to spend an extra $20 to have it in-hand - or under foot - right away.) I didn't practice much when I got it because I live in Chicago and it was still snowing then.

Unlike many RipStik riders, I DON'T have a skateboarding history. Well, I guess I do, but it ended the day it started almost twelve years ago with a trip to the ER and a broken tooth. What I'm trying to say is that I started RipStiking with no experience and the fear of death in me. I started practicing again a couple of days ago, and it took just a couple of hours to be able to ride the thing. So far, I've had one minor fall. For me, the best place to practice has been at local tennis courts because of the smooth surface and stuff to grab onto. The length of the court/fence also helps; when I started practicing in April, I was using the bike rack on my car to hold on to, and it's hard to get any real practice if you don't have enough space to work with. I hold onto the chain link fence to get on the board, and I can ride along the fence in case I lose my balance or start going too fast for my current level. I'm still a little nervous about pushing off and stepping onto the board, and I'm just starting to practice turns.

RIPSTER vs. ORIGINAL RIPSTIK:
-Follow the weight limits. The Ripster is for people under 175 pounds, and the original RipStik is for people up to 220. Not knowing this, I weighed 190 when I bought the Ripster, and a little more now - and the extra weight makes it much harder to move. I have now been on both and can tell you that the original moved a lot easier under my weight.

-If you have big feet, get the RipStik because the nose and tail are wider. I'm only a women's 8.5 (for men, this is a 6.5) and my feet hang off the front and back of the deck, making it harder for me to consistently find a normal foot placement and often making it harder to maneuver the board and remain balanced.

-I'm a 5'2", and I was worried about the original RipStik (which is 7-8 inches longer than the Ripster) requiring too wide a stance; I thought it would feel like doing the splits. After having been on both, I'd say that if you're taller than 5'2" you might actually prefer the original; my brother, who's about 5'8 looks REALLY uncomfortable on it and has trouble working with it.

Basically, if you're big in any direction - weight, height, or shoe size - get the RipStik. If you're petite, you can probably pull it off with the Ripster. Now that I know some of the basics and what it's like to actually ride both, I have ordered (through Amazon this time) the original RipStik.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little ride, April 29, 2009
This review is from: Razor RipStik Ripster (Sports)
If you like the regular RipStik, you'll love the Ripster.
It's lighter so it's easier to carry. It has a shorter wheelbase so it's
way more maneuverable. End result...more fun with less effort.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love the Ripster, April 14, 2008
This review is from: Razor RipStik Ripster (Sports)
I just purchased the Ripster for my 12yr. old son not realizing that it was smaller than the original Ripstick. So when we got it, we were surprised at the size and thought that it would not be big enough for him. Turns out that he loves it more because it is much lighter and easier to use than the Ripstick and I am so glad that we ordered it now.

4.0 out of 5 stars Birthday gift, May 9, 2008
This review is from: Razor RipStik Ripster (Sports)
I bought this for my 7 year old son for his birthday. He is still working on getting the hang of it but he improves every time he practices. I didn't want to get him a skateboard so I thought I would try this and I think it's a challenge. It's great for developing balance, just be sure to have safety gear.

Razor RipStik Ripster (Blue)
$93.33