5.0 out of 5 stars QUIET and so fun!
Published on November 13, 2006 by Amber Smith

1.0 out of 5 stars Cute - but watch out!
Published 9 months ago by Pug Mom x 4

5.0 out of 5 stars QUIET and so fun!, November 13, 2006
When my 11-year old started begging for an electric scooter, we were very hesitant. A neighbor has one and it's the stand-up kind with a VERY loud motor that drives us nuts on the weekends. We gave in, and went shopping. While we were reviewing the standing scooter, we noticed the Razor Pocket Mod and it was the SAME PRICE! I, of course, thought it was adorable and my daughter was easily swayed.

It was easy to put together and charge, however pumping the tires was a wee bit difficult just because of the angle required. The tires are nice and fat/sturdy, too, so riding offroad or over small rocks wasn't an issue. The biggest thing we noticed though, was that it is AMAZINGLY QUIET! What a blessing compared to the neighbor's noisy scooter! It practically 'purrs' and you don't even hear it until you are right next to it.

Seeing her ride it is incredible! It is VERY easy for any child that can balance and ride a bike. The handle brakes/gas takes a bit of getting used to, but after a few days she was a pro! Her papa rides a motorcycle, so he was dying to check it out. Weighing in about 180lbs, he was able to ride it as well! My daughter got a big kick out of that.

The battery lasts quite a while! An hour may not sound like a lot of time, but if it's not continuous (kids stop/start chat/ride/play) it can last hours. It charges quickly and easily, and it's small and fits well in the side of the garage. Though she's 11, we were told by the salesman that younger kids who are responsible can definitely ride it.

It IS fast, though, which was a bit unnerving at first. It doesn't sound like 15 MPH is that fast (I think that's what it is), but when you see your child going down a hill that fast - it seems quite scary! It doesn't turn quite as sharply as a bike or standing scooter can, so they have to learn it's limitations. Definitely get a helmet and kneepads!

This is the BEST ITEM we have purchased for her in YEARS! Highly recommended!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Scooter!, December 30, 2005
My daughter has been asking for a power wheels motorcycle for the last two years. We were hesitant to buy power wheels since the maximum rider weight is so low and she'd quickly outgrow it.

When we saw the Razor mod, it was appealing for several reasons..

#1- It has a maximum rider weight of 225 meaning even my husband and I could ride it!

#2- The price is totally reasonable

#3- Electric power means we can store it indoors

#4- The size is perfect for our daughter.

#5- It looks like a Vespa!

The box says it's for ages 12 and over, but I think that's a bit silly. Our daughter is just 8 and is also the smallest kid in 3rd grade and the scooter is perfectly sized for her. My husband and I both ride full size Vespas, and the scale of the Razor mod fits the same criteria we used when purchasing our bikes- she can put both feet flat on the ground and have room to shift her weight, she can reach/operate the controls easily, and is able to sit squarely on the seat. She can also manage the weight well enough to push the scooter, and get it on and off the center stand by herself.

The bike handles very similarly to a regular bicycle and has enough power to pull hills. She was able to hop on and start riding like she'd been riding this bike her whole life.

I can't recommend this item enough. It's been ridden daily in varying degrees of cold winter days and was the #1 hit of Christmas at our house. Set up took about 15 minutes.

The picture shows a regular bike helmet as protective gear, we are using a real youth sized motorcycle helmet since it offers face protection. Our daughter thinks the real helmet is cooler as she feels like she's riding a real scooter like we have.

5.0 out of 5 stars A BLAST FOR THE ENTIRE FAMILY !, May 4, 2007
I bought this for Christmas for my 10 yr old. He rides it every day. It goes quite fast and holds the charge for approx 45 minutes. It goes over dirt and grass equally well and uphill with ease. I have to say that I sneak rides on it myself when he is at school. I am 5ft 10 and can fit on it with no problem. I can see that he will be riding it for years to come! & so will I!

5.0 out of 5 stars This scooter makes many memories!, February 21, 2006
A Kid's Review
Do you want your child to be happy? Well if so, I recommend getting this scooter. The Razor Mod Bistro Scooter is great for anyone from 8 to 40! Since it holds up to 220 pounds, my whole family can ride it, well not all together. When I first ordered this scooter, I thought "would that 2boysmom customer be correct about all razor products?" But that didn't stop me from getting this scooter. When I recieved it, I thought "wow this is going to take forever to put together." As anyone who as this can see, I was wrong. I put it together and I am only 10 years old. After assembly, I charged the scooter for 12 hours exactly. I took it out for a ride and WOW! It went so fast! That 2boysmom customer was completely wrong. It was probably just on her products, or her boys did something to them. I did not realize that the scooter had a compartment until about a week after. Then my friend called and said "Hey! Do you want to come over and play?" So I asked my mom and dad and they said that they do not care. But they did not want to take me. My sister with her liscense was out of town. So I said to them "Well how about I try out the scooter and ride it to my friends house!" They said okay. I rode up and down many hills and it took me 1 minute to get there! I do not know if it is just my scooter, but mine goes way faster than 12 mph. It goes about 20 mph. It has a lot of foot room and sitting room. You can even take a friend. Does your child want to travel in style? Well this will be a great start. All of the kids on the block will say that this scooter is so cool and that this scooter is very sweet! After 2 weeks of having my scooter, 2 of my neighbors got the same scooter. I kind of got mad, but we all rode and raced each other. It was fun. I put my nick name on my liscence plate which is LindaBean because I am a tumbler and my name is Melinda. It comes with many letters. The brake works perfectly. Once I rode it in the rain and it was not slippery at all. I hit the brake and it stopped as it normally does. I highly recommend this scooter! Even for adults who want to be kids again!

5.0 out of 5 stars Daughter loves it., November 30, 2006
This review is from: Razor Pocket Mod Miniature Euro Electric Scooter (Sports)
This is a great value for the money. Arrived in two days. Perfect condition. Took about 10 minutes to put together. Best of all there is a wall plug to charge it. No messing around with batteries. Just plug into the wall and into a slot on the bike. Came fully charged. My daughter rides it every day. It is as fast as reported. Batteries charge in less than the eight hours. Usually takes around 5 if they are fully discharged. Great bike.

5.0 out of 5 stars We love it!, February 8, 2007
Gabriele Hartel (Chatsworth, CA USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Razor Pocket Mod Miniature Euro Electric Scooter (Sports)
We bought this small scooter for our daughter's nineth birthday and she says that this was the best birthday present ever. She can't get enough of it, wants to ride it every day. The battery seems to go a long way and it drives a good speed.

1.0 out of 5 stars Cute - but watch out!, November 9, 2013
This review is from: Razor Pocket Mod Miniature Euro Electric Scooter (Sports)
The scooter arrived earlier than expected. It is very cute. The tires did not come inflated and you need a special tip to inflate it. We went to 2 different stores, could not find the right tip. Took it to Firestone, they couldn't inflate them. Took the tires to a bike shop where it was discovered the tubes were blown inside the tire. It is going to cost over $50.00 to have the tires fixed. When we called the distributer, they directed us to a shop close by who could fix the tires for free. The shop is never open and they have not returned our calls. To return it will be a nightmare. We've had it for over a month and my daughter still has not been able to use it. Very, very disappointed!

5.0 out of 5 stars This is the best scooter i have ever ridden!, September 16, 2005
A Kid's Review
I just recieved this scooter yesterday, 12pm, let it charge until mignight. woke up rode it! super fast! and its super fly!!! all of my friends love it! since it fits 220 lbs.....me and my friends rode on it TOGETHER!!! I weigh 60 pounds and my other friends are around there! Im 11 and i love this thing! I used to have a Schwinn scooter and then it busted, so for my birthday this year, my parents got me this scooter! if u are looking for a scooter for your kids, i recommend this! u know its just my opinion but im not a liar! It even has a storage compartment where the seat is! it reminds me of a trunk! well my schwinn scooter had a basket, and every time i went up the hill, everythin in the basket fell out! it broke my friends game so i had to buy her a new one that was [...]!! WITH MY MONEY! so i seriously recommend this one! my parents even ride it! it is ssssooooo cool! if anything bad happens, i will be sure to post it to warn u, but until then...ill be riding it! tata!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for my 8 year old!, January 15, 2007
D. Hylton (Ladera Ranch, CA) - See all my reviews
I was hesitant after reading the many reviews that this was fast (15 mph) and that's true - it is! After the initial shock and crash (on it's own - it got away from him) he has mastered it with little effort. The handbrake is a bit tricky for little hands, so most of the time he uses his feet to help him slow down! However, this moped is easy to maneuver, is a lot of fun, and charges relatively quickly. If you are buying this as a surprise, the box is a big giant picture in four color of the moped, and there is some assembly required. They said it takes about 15 minutes, but I would give it more like an hour! It comes with the tools though, but make sure you buy the special "schrader" (you can get this at Toys R Us) bike pump to inflate the tires (although we have not had to do that yet, but they are NOT easy to inflate due to the angle of the spokes). Overall, great for years of enjoyment, and fun for adults too! The green color is great for both boys and girls, and all his friends want to ride it!

4.0 out of 5 stars This scooter rocks!, March 27, 2007
mendomom "mendomom" (NoCal, CA United States) - See all my reviews
Everyone that comes over wants to ride this cool scooter. They hold a charge for awhile and are a lot of fun for the kids to ride. The tires have gone flat twice driving them on dirt roads. I just wish they made them for adults. If the tires wouln't have gone flat I would have given it a 5 stars review. Make sure you purchase extra inner tubes to have on hand when they go flat.

Razor Pocket Mod (Betty)