1,678 Reviews
 (1,304)

5.0 out of 5 stars Makes A Long Trip Fun!
Published on October 10, 2003

1.0 out of 5 stars Early Problems from Cheap Construction
After using the same model for a couple years, my 10 yr old son received this model as a replacement. Within a couple months of scarce riding (he goes a week or more without riding it at all), 2 critical problems developed which make the Razor unrideable:
1) The steering column sometimes will move independently of the front wheel. Adjusting the hex nut where the two...
Published on October 16, 2011 by JWil

5.0 out of 5 stars Makes A Long Trip Fun!, October 10, 2003
This review is from: Razor A Kick Scooter (Sports)
My son started kindergarten this year, half a mile away from our home. He didn't enjoy walking the distance, but the scooter solved the problem. He just LOVES scooting around the streets, and mastered the technique within a week.Now getting home is fun. The scooter moves and works great. All of the kids in NYC have them - I've even heard of a kid who mastered the skill at age 2. I was really confused when I was shopping for a scooter...I wasn't sure from reading the ads, whether this scooter was actually appropriate for a 4 year old. It's been fine. I highly recommend this scooter for kids who want to get around quickly.

5.0 out of 5 stars fun for adults too..., August 18, 2004
This review is from: Razor A Kick Scooter (Sports)
I bought this scooter for my daughter (7 yr old) and my husband was on it so much I had to buy another one. They take them everywhere. It is great for camping to get around the campgounds. It breaks down easily to store under car seats. I really recommend this scooter.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Reliable Review, March 16, 2006
A Kid's Review
This review is from: Razor A Kick Scooter (Sports)
I first bought a Razor scooter when they were at peak-popularity (in about 2001, in upstate NY; when I was in third grade...). That's what every kid wanted in 2000: a Razor scooter, Poke'mon Cards, a Poo-Chi(which I wouldn't recomend, the moisy little thing!) and a GameBoy Color!

So, when Bradley's was going out of buisness in January 2001, I took all my Christmas money to the clearence sale. My dad said he'd buy me and my little sister one thing, but we had to buy the rest. Guess what he bought? The $79 scooter! (I remember the price vividly......

It was red and shiny, ready for the road.....well the sidewalk anyway. The snow kinda intefered with the whole scooter thing, so I took to riding around kitchen and dining room in a loop. My new Big Mouth Billy Bass sitting on sensor mode so every time I roded by it sang. My Dad loved that! LOL

Soon after my sister wanted one. She was about six when she got her's the next year. It was blue and had a carry strap. I was so jealous! Mine didn't have a strap!

When my cousin was seven, he was borrowing ours all the time. So, for his eighth birthday he opened a clear and black scooter, then gave my sister such a big hug that he knocked her over!

My scooter is five years old now. It's still in one piece. The brakes still work, the handle cusions are still there, but are no longer as soft as the day I bought it. The folding hinges could use some WD40, but still work. And all after almost daily riding, for five summer's.

I have encountered the problems of those with bad reviews. For the loose pole, all you need is screwdriver. For the crooked wheel, just put the wheel against something hard, or both of your feet (where shoes). This is a quick fix. To get it to stay just tighten the top hexagon bold with an Alan Wrench. Works everytime for me, my sister, and my cousin.

My sister's is in better shape than mine, but my cousin's isn't. He kinda left it outside all winter..........need I go any farther? It still works and rides well, but the handle padding is gone. Oh well....he doesn't care, as long as it works.

Today we buy a fourth scooter for my cousin Kiaya. I hoping it's purple. My favorite color, but hey-I already got one! (When I got mine thay didn't make a purple one :- (

Long Live the Razor Scooter!

AW

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Scooter!, September 11, 2003
Susan Shams (West Des Moines, IA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Razor A Kick Scooter (Sports)
This is a great scooter. My children love it. It is easily folded, and it has a built in brake to slow it down. It looks very sleek with its silver paint and clear wheels. It is not big and bulky but very svelte.
I recommend this scooter wholeheartedly, your kids and even you will love it.

5.0 out of 5 stars This scooter is so fun!, November 20, 2003
This review is from: Razor A Kick Scooter (Sports)
I am 25 years old, and everytime I go to my mother's house I have to ride my little brother's scooter, it is so fun! And durable! Everyone from my father, brothers, sisters, even my mom love to hop on and glide down the street! Now I have one of my own. Get one for a great gift, even if it's for yourself!

5.0 out of 5 stars THE BEST SCOOTER IN THE WORLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, August 13, 2004
M. Madoni (Corona, CA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Razor A Kick Scooter (Sports)
I have had mine for two years and I have mastered really hard street tricks. It is great if you or your child wants to get into scating. I mastered riding it in about a week. The only two brands worth buying are razor and micro. But in my opinion, razor is the sure-fire best. It is the lightest in the scooter industry along with micro. The reason I like razor better is because micro make the foot-board to long so you can't go down slopes to well. But I think micro would be the best for adults because their feet probibly not fit on a razor. I don't fall to often so you don't need to woory about you or your child falling. The only time I fell really bad was when I was doing a trick where I do a wheelie in the air. I leaned back to far and my scooter slid aproxamately 10 feet and I slid 3. It's still numb after about 6 months. All and All, it is the best scooter in the world!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Great toy, awesome price, October 23, 2004
This review is from: Razor A Kick Scooter (Sports)
In my opinion, I love the razor scooter. It is built really well, durable, and it can take a pretty big beating. It fits into lockers, fits under a bed, pretty much goes everywhere and it folds really small. Caution needs to be taken when riding on sidewalks or places with cracks, but you learn to avoid these when you ride enough.

On a side note, it's somewhat depressing that everyone feels obligated to buy a motorized scooter now that they are availible. Sure, electric is really fun and awesome to have, but these scooters are still awesome. I have had a razor scooter for two years, and I have a great time with it. Just because there are electric models out there does not mean that the old models are casted aside. Still an awesome buy, and now with the price about 1/3 the original, it is a wonderful item to have. I recommend it.

4.0 out of 5 stars The Price is Right. (Now, anyway), January 3, 2007
J. Hartley "Queen of the Menagerie" (St. Louis, Missouri, the Holy City) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Razor A Kick Scooter (Sports)
I remember when these scooters hit the market and became 'all the rage' among children and adults alike. Back then it seemed you couldn't touch one for less than $100 or so. That was about three years ago, I think?

My son is now six years old, and many of his friends now find themselves in possession of the Razor scooters that were once cherished by their older brothersand sisters. My son happens to be the oldest in our family, so he hasn't the benefit of older siblings from whom he might have inherited a scooter, and thus he was left with the only viable alternative: he requested one for Christmas.

And, happily, as the market has been inundated with Razor Scooters, the price has come down. I think it's an excellent value for the $30 we paid.

I liked how easy it was to assemble. We needed an allen wrench to attach the handle, but that was all. I like that the handle's height is adjustable, and that the construction, overall, seems sturdy. My son is a big fan of the brake on the back wheel.

The only concern I have is that the height-adjustable handle will become loose eventually. Rather than having height levels that lock into place, the handles are held at a given height by pressure inflicted by a squeezing clamp. We've had no trouble with it so far, but it strikes me as being the sort of part that could easily become faulty with too much use. Maybe -- hopefully -- I'll be proven wrong there.

Especially since his three younger siblings are hoping to inherit it eventually. ;)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Fun At A Great Price!, June 12, 2004
This review is from: Razor A Kick Scooter (Sports)
This scooter is a ton of fun to ride on. Give it to any of your loved ones and they'll be outside before you can say "Razor"! The scooter is extremely durable. The only thing that will ever need replacement are the wheels.
The scooter folds up for easy storage if space is tight. It can be easily unfolded for people on the move. I can imagine this being a useful tool for folks who live in the city.
The best part about the scooter is the price! (...). Instead of the video game they've been begging for, buy them this.

5.0 out of 5 stars How safe is it?, November 24, 2005
A Kid's Review
This review is from: Razor A Kick Scooter (Sports)
I think a scooter can be recommened for all ages between 3 to adulthood. A scooter is safe unlike a bike because most parents want to get their child a bigger bike for future use but the problem is most kids get a much bigger bike than they want. They might fall off the bike or for instance if they are riding a bike and a child is in front of them and they can't stop. A scooter can be changed and when you need to stop you can just put your feet down and stop. That's why I,Lily, think a scooter is safe. Thank you!!!:)

Razor A Kick Scooter (Blue)
$44.99 $27.99