Automotive Holiday Deals Books Gift Guide Books Gift Guide Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon David Bowie egg_2015 Fire TV Stick Beauty Gifts Martha Stewart American Made Amazon Gift Card Offer minions minions minions  Amazon Echo Starting at $84.99 Kindle Black Friday Deals Shop Now HTL

Color: BlueChange

on October 10, 2003
My son started kindergarten this year, half a mile away from our home. He didn't enjoy walking the distance, but the scooter solved the problem. He just LOVES scooting around the streets, and mastered the technique within a week.Now getting home is fun. The scooter moves and works great. All of the kids in NYC have them - I've even heard of a kid who mastered the skill at age 2. I was really confused when I was shopping for a scooter...I wasn't sure from reading the ads, whether this scooter was actually appropriate for a 4 year old. It's been fine. I highly recommend this scooter for kids who want to get around quickly.
44 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 18, 2004
I bought this scooter for my daughter (7 yr old) and my husband was on it so much I had to buy another one. They take them everywhere. It is great for camping to get around the campgounds. It breaks down easily to store under car seats. I really recommend this scooter.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 16, 2006
I first bought a Razor scooter when they were at peak-popularity (in about 2001, in upstate NY; when I was in third grade...). That's what every kid wanted in 2000: a Razor scooter, Poke'mon Cards, a Poo-Chi(which I wouldn't recomend, the moisy little thing!) and a GameBoy Color!

So, when Bradley's was going out of buisness in January 2001, I took all my Christmas money to the clearence sale. My dad said he'd buy me and my little sister one thing, but we had to buy the rest. Guess what he bought? The $79 scooter! (I remember the price vividly......

It was red and shiny, ready for the road.....well the sidewalk anyway. The snow kinda intefered with the whole scooter thing, so I took to riding around kitchen and dining room in a loop. My new Big Mouth Billy Bass sitting on sensor mode so every time I roded by it sang. My Dad loved that! LOL

Soon after my sister wanted one. She was about six when she got her's the next year. It was blue and had a carry strap. I was so jealous! Mine didn't have a strap!

When my cousin was seven, he was borrowing ours all the time. So, for his eighth birthday he opened a clear and black scooter, then gave my sister such a big hug that he knocked her over!

My scooter is five years old now. It's still in one piece. The brakes still work, the handle cusions are still there, but are no longer as soft as the day I bought it. The folding hinges could use some WD40, but still work. And all after almost daily riding, for five summer's.

I have encountered the problems of those with bad reviews. For the loose pole, all you need is screwdriver. For the crooked wheel, just put the wheel against something hard, or both of your feet (where shoes). This is a quick fix. To get it to stay just tighten the top hexagon bold with an Alan Wrench. Works everytime for me, my sister, and my cousin.

My sister's is in better shape than mine, but my cousin's isn't. He kinda left it outside all winter..........need I go any farther? It still works and rides well, but the handle padding is gone. Oh well....he doesn't care, as long as it works.

Today we buy a fourth scooter for my cousin Kiaya. I hoping it's purple. My favorite color, but hey-I already got one! (When I got mine thay didn't make a purple one :- (

Long Live the Razor Scooter!

33 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 11, 2003
This is a great scooter. My children love it. It is easily folded, and it has a built in brake to slow it down. It looks very sleek with its silver paint and clear wheels. It is not big and bulky but very svelte.
I recommend this scooter wholeheartedly, your kids and even you will love it.
on November 20, 2003
I am 25 years old, and everytime I go to my mother's house I have to ride my little brother's scooter, it is so fun! And durable! Everyone from my father, brothers, sisters, even my mom love to hop on and glide down the street! Now I have one of my own. Get one for a great gift, even if it's for yourself!
33 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 3, 2007
I remember when these scooters hit the market and became 'all the rage' among children and adults alike. Back then it seemed you couldn't touch one for less than $100 or so. That was about three years ago, I think?

My son is now six years old, and many of his friends now find themselves in possession of the Razor scooters that were once cherished by their older brothersand sisters. My son happens to be the oldest in our family, so he hasn't the benefit of older siblings from whom he might have inherited a scooter, and thus he was left with the only viable alternative: he requested one for Christmas.

And, happily, as the market has been inundated with Razor Scooters, the price has come down. I think it's an excellent value for the $30 we paid.

I liked how easy it was to assemble. We needed an allen wrench to attach the handle, but that was all. I like that the handle's height is adjustable, and that the construction, overall, seems sturdy. My son is a big fan of the brake on the back wheel.

The only concern I have is that the height-adjustable handle will become loose eventually. Rather than having height levels that lock into place, the handles are held at a given height by pressure inflicted by a squeezing clamp. We've had no trouble with it so far, but it strikes me as being the sort of part that could easily become faulty with too much use. Maybe -- hopefully -- I'll be proven wrong there.

Especially since his three younger siblings are hoping to inherit it eventually. ;)
on June 12, 2004
This scooter is a ton of fun to ride on. Give it to any of your loved ones and they'll be outside before you can say "Razor"! The scooter is extremely durable. The only thing that will ever need replacement are the wheels.
The scooter folds up for easy storage if space is tight. It can be easily unfolded for people on the move. I can imagine this being a useful tool for folks who live in the city.
The best part about the scooter is the price! (...). Instead of the video game they've been begging for, buy them this.
on October 23, 2004
In my opinion, I love the razor scooter. It is built really well, durable, and it can take a pretty big beating. It fits into lockers, fits under a bed, pretty much goes everywhere and it folds really small. Caution needs to be taken when riding on sidewalks or places with cracks, but you learn to avoid these when you ride enough.

On a side note, it's somewhat depressing that everyone feels obligated to buy a motorized scooter now that they are availible. Sure, electric is really fun and awesome to have, but these scooters are still awesome. I have had a razor scooter for two years, and I have a great time with it. Just because there are electric models out there does not mean that the old models are casted aside. Still an awesome buy, and now with the price about 1/3 the original, it is a wonderful item to have. I recommend it.
on November 24, 2005
I think a scooter can be recommened for all ages between 3 to adulthood. A scooter is safe unlike a bike because most parents want to get their child a bigger bike for future use but the problem is most kids get a much bigger bike than they want. They might fall off the bike or for instance if they are riding a bike and a child is in front of them and they can't stop. A scooter can be changed and when you need to stop you can just put your feet down and stop. That's why I,Lily, think a scooter is safe. Thank you!!!:)
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 16, 2011
After using the same model for a couple years, my 10 yr old son received this model as a replacement. Within a couple months of scarce riding (he goes a week or more without riding it at all), 2 critical problems developed which make the Razor unrideable:
1) The steering column sometimes will move independently of the front wheel. Adjusting the hex nut where the two primary halves of the steering column connect does nothing.
2) The back tire developed a large dent. My son is far from a professional user, and the jumps and tricks he does are very tame compared to a middle school or high school student. But he does go off low curbs. But he's ridden the same way for years on his previous Razor. The tires are clearly different on this newer model...they are transluscent instead of opaque. And at some point, he must have gone off a curb, putting a large dent in the back tire. The tire should be able to support modest tricks by a modest rider, just as previous versions have.

Since neither of these issues can be fixed at home without expert knowledge and replacement parts, and since the product failed to stand up to what I consider very tame use in its first 2 months, I'm giving this Razor the lowest score possible. I fear the manufacturer is taking a successful design and just making it cheaper and cheaper. My son's first Razor developed unsolvable problems too, but only after a couple years of use.
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse