4.0 out of 5 stars Built for fun, just be careful.
I bought an E100 from Amazon for my 7-year-old son about 45 days ago. I can tell you that only rain and wet roads have prevented him from riding it daily!

At first, my wife and I questioned my judgment in buying it for him. The first time he got on it, he lost control of it had a bad-looking crash. He hopped up unharmed though, so we gave him some time to...
Published on August 17, 2010 by Feliz NashvilleDad

1.0 out of 5 stars Parts Game - do you want to play?
Here's my experience with this scooter: I bought it for my 8 yo daughter. It worked for exactly 1 minute and then the motor wouldn't turn anymore. The box says "Don't return to the store. Call the manufacturer and we'll take care of you". So I called Razor. The customer service lady had me go through the motion of "troubleshooting" the problem. She concluded "It's...
Published on August 21, 2008 by Beer Budget

‹ Previous | 1 2 360 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars use the instructions, May 12, 2007
This review is from: Razor E100 Electric Scooter (Sports)
This is super product, much loved by my son. That said, we found we needed to read ALL the instructions since the product needs to be reset occasionally otherwise it does not charge - leaving you with a very disappointed kid.

5.0 out of 5 stars My daughter loves it!, October 29, 2009
Riki (Phila, PA, United States) - See all my reviews
We gave this to our 13 yr old daughter as a gift about 4 months ago. She loves it! She scoots around the neighborhood on her own. It has also cut down on my carpooling.

She rides it to school at least once a week and to her after-school activities.

If the battery runs out while she is on it, she just uses her legs and scoots home as if it were a non-electric scooter. It's light enough to carry up the stairs also.

You have to remember to plug it in at night so it will always be charged. One morning it wouldn't work even though it had been plugged in all night. We thought the battery was dead but after some thought we pressed the reset button and it was good to go.

It goes a bit slower going up hills and at the end of its charge.

Easy to assemble.

My daughter's only complaint is that people stop her in the street and ask her where she got her scooter, how much it costs and if they can ride it too....

5.0 out of 5 stars Great fun for kids., May 10, 2007
This review is from: Razor E100 Electric Scooter (Sports)
Our son has used his E100 for almost a year now, got it for his 7th birthday. He rides it a while almost every day on the street in front of our home, no long treks. It's been reliable and performs as advertised. I would guess that our son goes about as fast as someone running fast (running, not jogging), sometimes faster going downhill. The brake is a bit weak but not bad. At age 7, our son has behaved safely with it, stops and waits off the road if a car comes and no crazy stunts, so I would say it is suitable for his age, but obviously every kid has different maturity levels so parents have to judge on their own. Lots of fun, impresses his friends, and reliable.

1.0 out of 5 stars looks cool but poor quality, July 11, 2004
Bought this scooter for my 8 yr old sons b-day. He only weighs 53 lbs. and the scooter has fried 2 motors within less than 2 weeks. good thing i bought the extened warranty on this... i am going to take this scooter back and upgrade to a scooter with bigger tires and hope this will take care of our problem of the belts being chewed up and the gears going out...he also has not abused this scooter in anyway. I think it is poor quality on the manufactures part. He absolutely loves the scooter but we cant keep the problems from happening to it. if you are thinking of buying a scooter i suggest that spend a little more money and go to a better scooter AND DONT FORGET THE EXENDED WARRENTY!!!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Fun scooter for kids, January 2, 2008
DLK (Dallas, TX) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Razor E100 Electric Scooter (Sports)
I got this scooter for my two girls--10 and 14. It seems more suited to the 10-year-old, but they both enjoyed it. It goes pretty fast, but not too fast. It needs to be charged each night after a full day's worth of play, but worth the money.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great buy!, August 15, 2007
I bought this for my 8 year-old son and he absolutely loves it. He goes a bit faster than I would like him to, but he really enjoys it. This one 'kick starts' and I definitely prefer this with a child his age. Now I just need to keep his father off it!!

1.0 out of 5 stars Piece of Junk!!!, October 3, 2012
This scooter was clearly a piece of junk. Bought it for my daughter's birthday. She rode it for about a month before the battery stopped taking a charge. Similar to other people's experiences, I called Razor for assistance. Their Customer Service rep was COMPLETELY unhelpful. I will never buy another product from these people!

4.0 out of 5 stars Great scooter BUT..., April 10, 2007
This review is from: Razor E100 Electric Scooter (Sports)
The chain guard keeps hitting the ground when you turn right... it is a little annoying! Other that that it is a fast little scooter!

4.0 out of 5 stars Details you NEED to know before buying a razor scooter!, December 28, 2007
I bought this scooter from amazon right after Thanksgiving of 2007. The shipping was super fast! Three days! It was selling in stores for $129 but Amazon was selling for $89 + free shipping! What a deal! The scooter did not come in a concealed box. In other words, when UPS brings it to your door it is in it's original package and it is obvious what the item is. So if it is a surprise or gift make sure your child doesn't go to the door with you to sign for it! Building this thing is a piece of cake! You just screw on the handle bars! One screw on the inside and one on the outside. Very simple. Tools come with it as do the screws! Five minutes to build. Frame is very durable. The chain doesn't drag like some of the reviews that I've read. It must charge for 24 hours before the first ride. And twelve to eight hours after that. Battery last 45 minutes but we found that it lasts a little more than a hour. You can turn motor off and still ride the scooter. I would suggest doing this a few times to allow the child to get used to balancing and steering. You have to kick off for motor to start and it does give a little jolt. The box says it goes up to 10 mph. I don't think ours has gotten that fast. Maybe if you ride on a straight road for several minutes it might reach that speed, but for the most part ours was going a little faster than someone speed walking. Also the lighter you are the faster you went! The brake is located on the handle bars on the left side. Weight limit is 120LBS but we have also found that it does hold up to 220LBS for a quick try, if you can't resist! My daughter is seven and she handles the scooter well after a little bit of practice. I would say it is a good scooter for ages 7-12 years old. Please wear a helmet!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars IT IS SOOOO COOL!!!!, May 27, 2007
A Kid's Review
This review is from: Razor E100 Electric Scooter (Sports)
I got it for my birthday and it was really GREAT.It was one of the greatest gift I ever had.It went pretty fast and I had no problems with it at all.This electric scooter will be one of the best presents for anyone.

‹ Previous | 1 2 360 | Next ›

Razor E100 Electric Scooter (Red)
$159.99 $119.97