Color: Blue|Change

on January 14, 2007
I purchased four of these at the same time. I have three six year olds and an eight year old. The assembly was pretty quick and easy. Most of the bike is together right out of the box but it took about 30 minutes to get the rest together.

The bikes go pretty fast to be electric. The claim to go about 14mph and I'd say thats about right. I have a golf cart and I couldn't keep up with the bikes with it. There pretty sturdy as well. I've only had the bikes for a few weeks and they've been dropped and crashed numerous times and they keep on going.

I did have one of the bikes that didn't work and Amazon was great at getting it shipped back to them and refunded (although the refund took about two weeks).

The bikes will hold even the bigger boys with little problem, but don't expect to get the same top end speed and run time as with the lighter kids. I even rode it a couple of times and I weigh 188lbs (but its not really supposed to have more than 140lbs person on it...lol)

It takes about 5 hours to charge (depending on the current charge of the battery). You can expect to get about 45 minutes from a single charge. My eight year old gets several minutes less than one of my lighter six year olds.

In summary, I am satisfied with the item. It is exactly as the company describes. You really can't beat it for the price. My kids have great fun on them and I didn't have to fork over $800-$1000 for a gas powered dirt bike. I hope this helps someone in deciding on this purchase.
1111 comments|546 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 6, 2007
Ohhhhh, what a disappointment we had today. My son has been saving every dollar for over a year to buy this electric offroad bike. Based on all the reviews and pictures, I was sure this was going to be a great bike for him. Well, much to my surprise, we unpacked the box and found a bike very unlike the pictures or descriptions. First, and most important, a solid frame. WHAT?! Not front or rear suspension as shown in the pics or the descriptions. Second, no front disc brake as shown in the pictures and even on the video on Razor's website. Third, the packaging was insufficient and severely damaged when we got the box. No foam supports like in the video on Razor's website, just a couple of cardboard blocks. Fourth, it doesn't work. Charged it up, turned it on, NADA! Nothing. Light turns on, wheel doesn't go. I'm very disappointed, as is my son. Clearly Razor has taken a turn for the cheap on this bike since the last review. We'll be returning this one and trying to find an older model that still has all the features we thought we were buying.
UPDATE*** Just got off the phone with Razor and have official confirmation that all suspension has been remove from this model. Don't believe the product description here or anywhere else that it has suspension. Very deceiving if you ask me. And a corporate money pinching move that undermines their reputation if you ask me.
UPDATE2*** Amazon took this back no questions asked and paid the shipping. I went on Craigslist and was lucky enough to find a brand new older model. Bought that one and my son just LOVES it. I don't know how you could ride this without the suspension though. He rockets all over our property with it. So Razor definitely messed up a perfect product. What a shame. You might be able to find an old demo model at some sporting goods stores. I saw one on the shelf at Dunhams that still had suspension on it. But they will be hard to find. Good luck!
66 comments|474 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 9, 2007
I bought this bike for my 7 year old daughter. She Loves it!

It is a great bike for kids ages 5 -8 years old. Perfect for in town residence, super quiet. Does well on flat surfaces, and it will go 14 mph. Well built, and lasts quite a while on a single battery charge. Great value !
review image review image
22 comments|155 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 27, 2014
Bought this for my 7 year old. He just learned to ride a bike a few weeks back, so balancing on this was easy. He just turned 7 and is average in size. This fits him perfect. His feet easily touch the ground. This is a unit for a 5-9 year old.
I charged the battery initially for the 12 hours as the manual stated. I have recharged it 2 times already and now it only takes 6 hours to be fully charged. He can get about 20-25 minutes continues out of a charge. We have hills on our yard and he mostly drives it on the grass.Hills definitely run the battery down. You could get the full 30 minutes run time if your property is level or you drive it on pavement. The batteries stay in the unit to get recharged. This is somewhat of a pain, But not a big deal. The unit has a brake located on the left handle bar which brakes the rear wheel. Its a little big for my sons hand, but he has gotten used to squeezing it. It would have been nice to get a handbrake for a 7 year old which is not so wide. But, he has learned to let off the throttle earlier and not use the handbrake. The unit also does not brake when you let off the throttle like some other battery vehicles. This is more like a bike where the wheel spins freely. It is super quiet. All you hear is the motor clicking on and off when the throttle is twisted.
Overall i would recommend this unit.
on October 21, 2015
My 7yr old son fits just right on it, my kids are usually the tallest in their class too. They get their height from me, 6'3. It's a little small for my 10yr old so there's your age range. If you have short kids then it will last them longer.
The ride time is 45-60min depending on terrain type. My son can ride about 5 miles on the blacktop with a full charge. We charge it over night so he's good to go the next day.
Anyways I'd recommend it. Here's a pic so you can gage it I think my son is 4'2 right now. The helmet brand is TMS, and it's price is half of the cost of similar quality helmets, I'd recommend it too.
review image
on September 5, 2013
Got 2 of them for my boys, one is 9 the other 11. They loved them. Easy to assemble and charge (11 hours. Boo).

Once they're up and running they're great. They've got lots of power. Good going up hills and through the grass and dirt.

Good run time. They'll run on and off for a couple of hours. Not a constant run. Drive for 10 - 15 min. Park. Drive for another 20 min. Park. And so on. It will last for most situations or at least until they get their fill.

Good intro into the motorcycle dirt bike world.

A little advice: Get full face helmets. These babies cook and a fall to the face would not be worth it. This isn't the world of scooters or biking.

enjoy.
on November 18, 2011
I purchased this bike for my kids after purchasing a used one on Craigslist only to find out it needed a new battery...I'll get into that more later.

These bikes are GREAT! they go about 15-16 on pavement. Even me at 205 lbs can get it cooking..just a bit slower ramp up speed ;)

Ok so yes they run great, brakes work great, they are pretty fast- here are the down sides. And I understand most of these may be common sense but I will list them anyhow.

Cons
-They are illegal to ride on your street.(Wisconsin for sure) Our kids actually got pulled over by an officer. Someone had called them in. The officer was very polite and felt bad for having to do it but we were banned from the streets. And this is a NON traffic street. But hey maybe it saved their lives ;) It was becasue of this though we sold both of them at a HUGE loss.

-Grass---If your kids are around 50 lbs these run pretty good on flat grass. Not the best on any slight incline of grass. My older son is 100 lbs and he rides on the grass ok but definitely a no go on an incline with grass.

-Batteries are expensive. Plan on paying $70+ after shipping.. So if you find a used one on Craigslist make sure to take 10 minutes to test the battery. Like I said the gal I bought it from flat out lied to me. If you buy a new one, this shouldn't be an issue. The battery was VERY easy to install.

-Decals- Our new one came with all the decals placed on it. After a couple days most of them started to fall off. not a big deal to me though.

So yeah, I would probably buy another one if I lived in an area with a good space to ride them. Definitely not if I had a small yard as eventually the police will be called. if you buy a used one, add in the cost of a new battery. I know this is a DUH but make sure your kids have a helmet 15 mph is a pretty good speed to crash into a parked car or house..
on December 24, 2011
Like many other potential buyers of this product, I was unsure whether to purchase the MX350 or the MX500 for my almost 8 year old son. I bought the MX350 for Christmas and it turned out to be too small once I took it out of the box.

When I tried to return the item in its original packaging (unused), I discovered that Amazon has a policy not to accept returns of battery powered items. They said that their normal carriers (UPS, FedEx, etc) will not ship them back to Amazon. Of course, these same carriers have no problem shipping them from Amazon to your house.

No where in the product description or information about this product on the Amazon site is there a reference to this item being non-returnable, nor was there a warning during the checkout process. If there had been, I would have never bought it in the first place.

Given the user posts about the problems with this product, and the fact that the recommended user ages are misleading, I would strongly suggest you do not buy this product online from Amazon. Good lesson that the lowest price is not always the best deal.
11 comment|77 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 14, 2015
This is just about the coolest thing one could ever get for their kids. My kids spend endless time on these. My 6yr old fits great (40lbs, 44") on this one, however he can use the largest model as well. The tires are much smaller on this one- similar to a toddler bike. The larger model has maybe 20" tires, so it goes faster. Battery power is awesome and they can really haul. They are a blast!!! My 8 yr old daughter (52lbs, 50") uses the larger model with great ease. I have used the larger one and it hauls with me on it too (140#) but I think I'd drain the battery much faster then the little guys~ great fun!
on January 20, 2015
My son loves this bike. Now I have read several reviews regarding chain issues. Knock on wood we haven't had that occur yet. My son has dropped the bike a few times. He got back on it and kept riding no issues. My son is 5 yrs. old. I have a full video of Cortez riding the Razor on Youtube go to Silver_serpent_t
review image review image