4.0 out of 5 stars Better than expected. Very solid and fun.
What is the difference between the Razor PowerWing Caster Scooter (Black) and the Powerwing Deluxe? It is difficult to find this information, but here is what I have determined:

Published on June 11, 2012 by Steven

3.0 out of 5 stars Super Fun - but durability over the long run is not good
We got this about a year ago, and my son really loves it. Rides it all the time, and even the neighbor bought one so they could ride together. After about a month, I noticed the wheelie bars were getting bent. They were able to be bent back into position, but are not meant for the long haul. We replaced the wheels after three months. At about the 6-7 month point, the...
Published on November 30, 2012 by T. M. Scott

4.0 out of 5 stars Better than expected. Very solid and fun., June 11, 2012
Steven (Stamford, CT, United States) - See all my reviews

1) Color - The original only comes in Black and Pink (as far as I know), while the Deluxe is chrome, green, and black. I thought the chrome color scheme was more fitting for a toy that would be used equally between brother and sister.
2) Build Strength - The Deluxe appears to be sturdier than the standard model.
3) Handle Bars - The Deluxe has adjustable handle bars, though both of my kids prefer the handle bars at the top most position anyway.
4) Size - the Deluxe is slightly larger in every way.

I bought this for my 8-year old daughter's birthday. She wasn't expecting it, but she loves it. Her 10-year old brother uses and enjoys it as well. They both love the fact that you can make it go without pushing off from the ground like a regular scooter... even though it doesn't go very fast. That's not the important part to them.

Don't worry about the weight limit. I weigh 220 pounds and I ride the thing all the time. I'm not gentle when I ride it either! I'm not sure where Razor got their weight limit recommendation from... but it is extremely conservative.

You need a flat surface for this scooter! It is not meant to be going up or down hills. Okay... maybe down gentle hills. The Powerwing really only shines on a flat, smooth surface. We are somewhat lacking in this requirement, but believe it or not my kids enjoy riding even within the confines of an empty 2-car garage. Unlike us, people living in warm climates with those flat, wide, concrete driveways will be all set.

The build quality is very good and very strong. I only wish the brake lever attached in a more flexible manner. It comes installed for the left hand and, though technically correct, it feels weird to me. I figured I could just swap it to the right hand. Nope. In order to do this you would have to remove the grips, which are glued on. It would have been a simple matter to design the brake attachment to make it customizable, but Razor failed to foresee this low hanging fruit.

Overall though, don't hesitate to purchase... this thing is really enjoyable to ride.

4.0 out of 5 stars For the money, a very fun scooter for a young child., December 15, 2010
suso903 "mom of 2" (Orange County, Calif.) - See all my reviews
My daughter is eleven, and this scooter fits her now, but it won't in a few months, as the handlebars do not adjust (c'mon Razor! Why not?). She is in love with this thing, and I find it so fun myself that I went ahead and bought myself a Trikke scooter in my own size. I anticipate this PowerWing being passed to a younger cousin before the school term is up, but for now it is a favorite item. My daughter is having a blast.

Warning: This takes some practice. But once kids get going, it's quite fast, and if you live around hills, please make sure your kids have helmets and pads on, as accidents are common. Turning needs to be done carefully!

We bought this scooter on sale. At its regular price, I would complain mightily about the lack of adjustable handlebars, which they really should have, and about a general lack of sturdiness. Smaller kids probably won't stress this so much, but bigger kids will easily bust this thing up in no time. The "wings" where the feet rest are made of plastic, and the caster wheels are tiny. One feels the bumps and other irregularities on sidewalks and street quite fiercely.

For a mere $20 to $40 more, depending on what one pays for this thing, one can get the smallest 5-inch wheel Trikke, which is quite similar in terms of how it works, and the Trikkes are very sturdy, very well made little machines. For kids such as my daughter there are Trikkes that cost around twice as much (their middle school and high school model with six-inch poly wheels) that seem much sturdier and safer than the PowerWing.

Not every kid takes to this type of scooter. It requires a fair amount of sustained practice and effort. The kids who will love it and use it likely will outgrow it and want to move on to a Trikke or a similar model.

5.0 out of 5 stars Razor Power Wing, July 9, 2009
I was pleased with the Power Wing. I bought it for my 10 y/o grandson and he loved it. The bigger size was just right for his age.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Birthday Present, October 15, 2009
I purchased the Powerwing DLX for my 9-year old son. It was easy to assemble and works perfectly. My son learned how to ride the Powerwing within a couple of minutes and was spinning and coasting around the driveway in no time. The 143 pound weight limit means both his older brother and sister (but not Dad) can ride the Powerwing as well. Works as a great substitute for children too young to ride a RipStick. The safety pads on the rear of the scooter keep the rider from flipping over as they learn how to ride. The handle brake is a nice feature as well.

4.0 out of 5 stars Not for speed, but fun., January 6, 2009
I bought this for my 9-year-old son for Christmas. He loves his straight Razor and rides it a lot, so I thought a change-up would be fun. He does like it, but wishes it were faster. I am a pro-roller skater, so I gave it a try for myself. It is just down-right slow. Also, it was smaller in scale than I expected. The front wheel is really small and making turns practically throws you off balance immediately and leaning into turns doesn't do anything, it's all about steering the front wheel. It is basically for straight sailing and not for speed, but fun. I'd recommend for kids between 5 and 8 years old and kids who are not accustomed to riding faster Razors or intermediate skateboarders.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun for all!, August 1, 2009
I bought this for my son's 9th birthday. HE LOVES IT! I even love to ride it! It is so fun! Well worth the money.

5.0 out of 5 stars nice quality, December 25, 2010
Purchased both this one and the red "original" one for my boys for Christmas. This silver one is a much better quality than the original red one. This one is metal and well worth the extra cost. The handle adjusts up and down, unlike the other model. Buying this one you will get more longevity out of it. This is a fun toy for ages 8 and up also.

5.0 out of 5 stars GRANDKID DELIGHT, January 6, 2009
J. "dan" (Miami, FL, United States) - See all my reviews
4 YEAR OLD GRANDCHILD RECEIVED IT ON CHRISTMAS AND WITHIN 10 MINUTES WAS OPERATING IT LIKE A PRO. HE LOVES IT AND KEEPS HIM ACTIVE AND AWAY FROM VIDEO/TV. ADULTS TRIED IT THE NIGHT BEFORE AND WERE EXCITED ABOUT IT ALSO

5.0 out of 5 stars PowerWing DLX, June 30, 2009
The only thing that my son had to complain about is that out of the 3 PowerWings he and his friends ordered, all of them came with scratches on them.

5.0 out of 5 stars High quality item, January 1, 2012
My daughters love this scooter! It is very sturdy and well made. They are getting the hang of the swaying motion that propels them forward. I would highly recommend it!

Razor PowerWing Caster Scooter (Sweet Pea)
$129.99 $78.82