Color Name: Red/SilverVerified Purchase
I bought an A2 for my wife, and because she didn't want to ride by herself--and I'm bigger and heavier--I bought this Razor Pro thinking it was simply made sturdier and nothing more. I also happen to be an avid cyclist of many years so I can really tell the differences.

Turns out there are huge differences between this Pro model and the others--to the point where I could say the others are toys and this is actually sports equipment/transportation.

*The stability in steering is much better on this one.

*The wheels are thicker, which I'm sure contributes to its ability to hold a line better--though I have to say the A2 is not bad either.

*It's faster, and since the ride is a lot more stable it's actually much safer to ride this going fast than the others.

*I believe this is actually made of a higher quality of aluminium.

*Overall it's made of a heavier construction more appropriate for those who are going to do more on it than go back and forth on the sidewalk.

Bottom Line: For the price difference here on Amazon (the A2 being about $40 and the Pro being roughly $50) it's worth it to spend the extra $10 on the Pro.

This isn't just a toy like the others. You can actually enjoy the ease and convenience of riding this thing to the store and back, or through the middle of an urban environment adding to both your enjoyment and convenience without having to lock it up outside when you enter a building--or being prohibited from entering a store like you would with Roller Blades without changing to shoes first.

And as a 5'10" adult male, I can say this is a better fit--though the A2 isn't bad either in that respect.
55 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on July 6, 2006
Color Name: Red/Silver
I am currently 15 and ride scooters all the time off jumps and have done a lot of crashes, spills, and wipe outs and this scooter still stayed together. On the other models they have not reinforced them enough and so i break them all the time i went thorough about 4 scooters and this one lasted me the longest. I have had it for about 9 months and it is still fine. I just need to buy new wheels and grips every once in a while which isn't a problem.
on July 17, 2006
Color Name: Clear/Silver
This scooter rocks and is an insane deal for $49! It's perfect not just for kids, but also for aging losers like myself that can't be bothered re-learning how to ride a skateboard!!
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on January 7, 2007
Color Name: Clear/SilverVerified Purchase
I own 4 scooters - 1 Razor A1, 1 knock-off brand, 1 Xootr MG, and this one. Now we have one for everyone in my family. For a scooter with 100 mm wheels, this is the best quality. The finish is quite nice, and the sturdy features make this feel quite solid. The taller handlebar height is welcoming for a 5'-10 adult like me.

The negative is that it is still a scooter with small 4" wheels. This means you will fly forward if you hit a crack in the sidewalk. Therefore, I consider Razor's mainly recreational - great fun in a school yard or park, but not as good as transportation, where there are sidewalks.

For transportation, an adult should consider the Xootr, for the 7" wheels. Its big wheels and stability is worth the $200 price.

But for a Razor type scooter, this is really the one to get if you are into decent quality products. The Razor A1 is not bad quality, but its really for pre-teen children. Be careful of the clone brands - the Target store brand is pretty bad quality and rattles a lot. Plus its steel, so it has gotten rusty. The Razors have been rust resistant dispute riding in the rain, etc since it is aluminum.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on August 11, 2007
Well, since I've been riding scooters for a year, maybe a year and a half now, I'd like to think I know something about them. Out of all the scooters I've ridden (trust me, thats A LOT!), this one clearly is the best. The Pro Model/A4 is MUCH, much better then the convential A scooters. For one, it doesn't have that useless, dangerous wheely-bar. To this day I don't know why Razor puts those on scooters. It doesn't have any shocks either. You may think this is a bad thing, but it is actually good. On A2/3's, the shock pad on the front fork can get compressed and fall out, and the metal will get worn down and the whole contraption will shake madly. This WILL be the case if you like to do tricks. And the back suspension on the A3? Please, one look at the thing and you can tell it would snap in a heartbeat. The Pro is stronger then all of these scooters, due to the better quality aluminum in the deck, the thickness of the deck walls, the welding on the folding mechanism, and just the fact that it does not have any suspension/shocks! The folding mech itself is stronger, although I'd highly suggest taking it apart, taking all the "guts" out, and bolting it if you want a solider ride. The wheels are very high quality, at least compared to Razor's standard. They will last a very long time. The double clamp also helps the fork not snap, because more of the bars are pressed on it.

So overall, I'd highly suggest getting the Razor Pro Model. It will outlast all other scooters out there. I'd also recommend going to the forums at [...] where you can find maintenance tips, trick help, and even the latest scooter videos!

Jordan
on December 6, 2007
Color Name: Red/SilverVerified Purchase
I bought this product for myself to get more exercise for me and my dog. I push going uphill and she gets to run going downhill. It was going fine until she got in front of me toward the end of a hill and I panicked and stepped too hard on the brake and flipped the scooter and me! I landed on macadam pretty hard and ended up with a broken coccyx. It's been five weeks and I still can't sit on a soft surface and haven't been able to get on the scooter again. I will use the scooter again, just not with the dog!! It was a very stable ride and I thoroughly enjoyed using it, the exercise was great! Just beware of the brake and use it a tap at a time, it's NOT for quick stops!
VINE VOICEon March 25, 2008
Color Name: Clear/SilverVerified Purchase
*****UPDATE BELOW****

I bought this scooter for my husband and I to share when riding along side our 4 year old who rides the Razor A Kick. The Razor Pro is a great scooter and has provided us with a lot of smooth riding around town on all types of surfaces. It conveniently folds up so that we can throw it in the car if we go on a road trip to see friends and family -- it takes up such little room it's amazing. My only gripe would be that I wish the handle bars would raise up just a bit higher. I'm only 5 foot 3 but feel it would be just a tad bit more comfortable for me (but that also could be because a scooter is just very new too me in general). My husband who is 5 foot 10 says the same but not to the point that it bothers him to get a different scooter, he loves the Pro. We bought the pro because of the 220 weight limit though my husband is only about 170 we both thought it would be better to get this one rather than one of the lower weight limit scooters because he didn't wan't to put undue stress on it. We really enjoy it and would definiately recommend it but if you are over 6 feet I would think this scooter is not for you (handle bars would probably be too low).

UPDATE 6/15/08
Since purchasing this scooter my Hubby, son and I ride together so much that we needed another scooter (I was using my son's Razor Kick A, he'd use his old Micro scooter and hubby would use the Razor Pro). After much research we DID NOT go with another Razor. We needed a scooter where the handle bars where higher than the Razor Pro, after much use and thought we both realized that we would prefer a higher handle bar (especially my Hubby) so the search was on. The Razor Pro handle bars extend to a max of 37" and that is the max handle bar height for any Razor scooter made. So, we then researched the Micro scooters and let me tell you this was not an easy feat as there is virtually no information about them nor anyone to contact. Finally came across their US distributor in New Jersey called get this "Chicago Skates" and we called them and got the details on three Micro's we were interested in "The White scooter" (yes that's the name) just recently released in the US but NOT on the west coast where we live, the Micro "Rocket" and the Micro "monster bullet". The white scooter extends to 41" which is what we bought and let me tell you it is FANTASTIC, blows away the Razor, absolutely no comparison and boy is it gorgeous. Now it is much heavier but we're not carrying it anywhere, much faster and it's much more expensive $180.00 but for us we use them so much that this did not deter us. If you are an adult I HIGHLY recommend you looking into the white scooter, I still think the Pro is a great scooter but on a different level than the Micro's. FYI: I'm 40 and I just love these things, they are AWESOME!
One other tip - the Micro Monster Bullet is c-r-a-p - don't bother, looks cool but not so great. Also, the handlbars only extend to 37". ALL Micro scooters hold 200 Lbs. which is a lot more than you can say about the Razors. I've officially converted! The only place I found to buy the Micro White Scooter was meijer dot com (recommended by ditributor) and they provided free shipping, free returns, you can't really beat that. If you have any additional questions, please feel free to email me, my address is in my profile. I hope this was helpful!!
on November 24, 2008
Color Name: Red/SilverVerified Purchase
This would have been a great purchase with the exception that once I got it, I got out the instructions, which seemed easy enough but could not fit the rod into the bottom, no matter what I did. I broke a sweat for 40 minutes before calling customer support. After being on hold for 20 minutes, the woman informed me that there is a known problem with this scooter that there is an incorrect part and that she was going to email me new instructions for putting it together and that it if I could not get the rod in, she'd send me a new rod which did not have the problem. I was astounded that the company would knowingly sell the product with a part that was defective and said so to the representative. She informed me that since the part did not present a safety issue, it was not recalled. She did apologize for the inconvenience. Crazy.
Once it was finally put together, I am enjoying it, but I would not ever purchase again.
1010 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on March 7, 2012
Verified Purchase
So at 31 years old, marriage and a semi sedentary lifestyle have caught up with me. I'm 5'11" and weigh about 250 lbs, I used to be into volley ball, mountain biking, snowboarding, body boarding. This is important only so you can compare yourself to my build. I'm still not fat, just a thick guy growing a belly (good grief). For the past year I have been using my son's razor scooters (ages 4 and 5). They are the cheapo bottom of the line razors from wall mart. Supposedly their weight limit is like, 170lbs or something like that. I've been riding them off and on while playing with my boys. They haven't broken yet, but I've also been very careful (the tears over a broken scooter would never end, I'm sure.). I finally decided to give this guy a try. For me it was a toss up between this and the Razor A5 Lux (weight limit on that is 220lbs.). Not sure why I pulled the trigger on this one... maybe seeing those "pros" getting air on these things gave me the confidence.

The package arrived today. Shipping time was decent, nothing to write home about. The packaging was mangled and partially torn open, as was the box for the scooter itself -but the scooter arrived in pristine condition.

Putting it together was simple enough, though you have to be careful to align the handle bars perpendicular to the front wheel -no biggie.

The scooter rides well, the larger wheels are very smooth riding AND make it easier to run over the lines in the sidewalk (and the little rocks the kids are wont to throw everywhere).

The handle, when fully extended and locked in to place it a little bit high for me. I feel more comfortable with it down another inch or two. I may have to drill some additional holes in the frame so the button can lock in my perfect position.

The board part seems a little short, my size 9.5 shoe nearly fills the board from the post to the rear brake (there's maybe two inches from the back of my heel to the brake). So the board isn't much longer than the child's version, but it seems wider by about an inch.

There is no rail over the brake for you to stand on (like on the cheaper rides), so most of my riding today was done on one foot. Since I'm out of shape this lead to fatiguing. With time I'm sure I'll figure out the pro stance and start doing jumps and grinds, but, truth be told, the handle hangs about 3 inches over the board, so you loose some of that maneuvering space.

As mentioned in other reviews, this thing seems much sturdier than the lower end versions, the aluminum seems to be higher grade and the added width helps it feel stronger.

There's still some front-back give with the handle post. With the kid's version the give is a LOT and sometimes when running over rocks or cracks I think I've come close to breaking it. With the Pro Model the give is much less but is still noticeable. The joint itself is much beefier than the cheapo model and is easier to release, utilizing a two finger twist release instead of the crappy one-thumb release found on the lower end models. (those rust out on EVERY razor I've ever messed with).

When folded up, unlike the cheaper models, the handle bar extends past the back of the board by 3 inches (even when retracted back inside). This could potentially make it more difficult to store it due to it's odd shape -less squarish.

Over all I'm happy with the purchase. It seems a huge improvement over the cheaper models however I'm reluctant to get too crazy with the scooter. I did jump off a curb today and the landing seemed very solid, though given enough time it all may blow apart with me jumping it with all my weight. I expect to have many years of fun with my boys on this thing. If anything negative happens with the scooter in the next month (like I crush it) I'll amend my review.
on April 10, 2009
I scooter quite a lot. Probably 4 hours a day of intense scootering at either skate parks or around town with intentions of pushing this scooters limits. I have had all the previous Razor scooter versions and they all manage to break with in a month or so. They simply cannot handle the abuse I put them through. This scooter, has defied all odds. For the past three months, I have put this thing through hell and it has survived with out getting bent, broken, or anything else the previous scooters fell victim to.

This scooter is better in every single aspect from the ride to the stability. I am 6'1" and 150lbs and haven't been able to affect this scooter; even by doing double tail whips off things that are over 10 feet high.

You can't hurt it. Get it, and you'll love it.