Razor Rip-Rider 360 or Huffy Green Machine Which would be better for a 5-year old. He is big for his age, wears a size 6/7. To get it out of our garage and onto the street/sidewalk, it would have to be ridden or pushed (a short distance) on an unpaved dirt alley or on the grass in our yard. Under the circumstances, does anyone know which may be the better of the two or do you have any opinions/comments on one or the other? Thank you in advance!
asked by Niki on April 13, 2010
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-5 of 5 answers
A
If my grandson is going downhill and needs to turn, does anyone know if the Rip Rider and Green Machine flip easily?
rejoice answered on April 21, 2010
Comment | 2 of 3 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
The Razor Rip-Rider 360 has very small back wheels to facilitate the spin. They basically stop dead on soft grass and can cause a tip over. The green machine back wheels are broad but not much tread (traction) Neither one will easily ride over the soft surface. The green machine would be easier to push.
Lorinda S. Baldwin answered on April 27, 2011

A
We have a green machine and love it! My son got it 4 xmas last yr, he was 7, and the only downside was I should have waited a yr. He could ride it, but another inch or two and he was jammin! Razor 4 the younger and green machine 4 8yo and up, due to height and coordination.
SSM answered on December 23, 2011

A
For those wondering about size, my 5 year old daughter rides it fine. Though a little shorter and it would be hard for her to ride. However she is a tall 5 year old (approx. 47") I would say anyone under 45" might be too short. And I don't see how many teenagers could ride it.
leonreno answered on December 26, 2011

A
We've never had a green machine, but we got the rip rider last week and my kids love it. It is super lightweight, which would make moving it to the sidewalk easy in your case. It certainly will need to be carried or pushed because it would not ride well on gravel or grass. I would suggest checking out the weight of the green machine and comparing the two in making a decision.
M. Woodside answered on April 18, 2010
Comment | 1 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse
‹ Previous   1   Next ›

See all questions about this product