5.0 out of 5 stars This helmet protected son from critical injury.
Published on September 11, 2009 by J. Cowley

2.0 out of 5 stars **NOT for 5 yrs and up as indicated
This is NOT for 5 years and up as the description indicates. Packaging that arrived with helmet states for 8 years and up. It is WAY TOO BIG for my 6 1/2 year daughter. Don't have time to order another as skateboard camp starts on Monday. Very frustrating. However, the helmet itself appears to be great quality and looks great. amazon should update the description.
Published on July 28, 2011 by T. Holm

5.0 out of 5 stars This helmet protected son from critical injury., September 11, 2009
Parents, this helmet is worth every penny. My son escaped critical, if not fatal injury thanks to this helmet. Long story short, my 10 year old was moving along at about 15 mph on his electric scooter when a younger child ran in front of him. While avoiding the child, he lost control of his scooter, hit a curb, flipped over the handle bars and smashed his head on the trailer hitch of a parked truck. The point of impact was on the lower back of his head where many helmets do not cover. Thanks to the design of this helmet, it absorbed the brunt of the impact. While he did suffer a serious concussion, it could have ended tragically had it not been for the extra protection this helmet provided. I'd not hesitate to recommend this helmet to other parents. Having said that, whichever helmet you decide to purchase, make sure it protects the entire head!

5.0 out of 5 stars Saved my son's life., September 2, 2009
Sept 2, 2009
You saved my son's Life
On August 31st my 10-year-old son, named Quincy, was racing down a hill on his bicycle. As he came to bottom of the hill there was a stop sign but he was riding to fast to yield to the oncoming vehicle. Within seconds, he and a small truck collided. As he hit the tuck, putting a 6 inch dent in the front fender, he was then thrown into the windshield and fell to the ground unconscious. Overall, the accident caused a mild concussion, a lot of bruises and abrasions and a broken right arm. Thankfully an abdominal CT showed no internal injuries.
After going to the ER by ambulance we were discharged and returned home. Before leaving the hospital parking lot, I thought I would take a moment and look at his helmet. Oddly, there was a wrinkle across the back of his helmet. I showed it to the ER doctor and he stated that without the safety the helmet my son would have had some level of head trauma. Wow, what a miracle!
I quickly recalled, that only about 6 weeks earlier, I purchased two Razor V-17 helmets--one for him and another for his older brother. At the time I was only going to buy one for his older brother but I remember having a distinct impression to buy one for him also. I am so grateful I did. I would like to thank Razor for the safety that their helmet gave my son. My small boy's life could have been changed forever. I am so grateful for the people that have engineered the helmet he wore that day. Thank you, Thank you, with all my heart.

Sincerely,
Kay C, Quincy's Father.

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality youth helmet, February 15, 2007
Mikell M. Todd Jr. (Lake Waccamaw, NC USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Razor V-17 Youth Multi-Sport Helmet (Sports)
Well made, with a comfortable fit. My daughter tells me the comfort is many times better than a standard bicycle helmet. The chin straps are easy to clip and unclip, yet remain very secure while in use. I definately recommend this product !

5.0 out of 5 stars Good fit and quality., April 25, 2007
T. Smith (Greeneville, TN United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Razor V-17 Youth Multi-Sport Helmet (Sports)
Bought this for my 7 year old daughter's birthday, along with a Razor scooter. No trouble getting her to wear helmet. Much nicer & more comfortable than similar priced bicycle helmets at dept. stores.

4.0 out of 5 stars Helmets great for scooters, April 5, 2007
This review is from: Razor V-17 Youth Multi-Sport Helmet (Sports)
We purchased two helmets for our granddaughters to wear while using their electric scooters. They are quite pretty, with the satin finish. They fit both girls well; ages 10 and 12. They must be comfortable because they wear them every time without reminding. We are pleased with the purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars 8+ Most important fact to know, December 23, 2011
S. M. HUNT (Alpharetta, GA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Razor V-17 Youth Multi-Sport Helmet (Sports)
First off, you'll see from several other reviews that this is a nice produce for a very fair price.

Pros
-Solid construction and good materials
-Amazon price
-Nice polished metallic look without being overly pink

Cons
-Amazon product description is misleading stating that it meets 5 year design, when in fact you'll find this product is for 8+.

Now more on the 8+, if you have a child with a larger than normal head then a 7 year old would be good. Remember it doesn't matter how tall or heavy your child is, it's just the size of her head. Therefore, your child could be 6 or 7 and this will fit her fine, however if they have a smaller than normal head they can fit in this until they are 9 or 10 easily.

2.0 out of 5 stars **NOT for 5 yrs and up as indicated, July 28, 2011
T. Holm (VERMONT United States) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Good helmet, March 7, 2008
Henry Sanchez (Flushing, NY United States) - See all my reviews
fits snug, there is an extra foam piece that helps the helmet fit snugger since my son is only 10 yrs old.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Helmet, December 26, 2007
We bought this for our 9-yr old son to wear with his electric Razor scooter, pogo stick, and skate board. He already is use to wearing a bike helmet and a downhill ski helmet. We are trying to get him use to safety equipment as we progress to rock climbing, kayak, mountain biking, etc. This helmet is sturdy and well-made. It was easy to fit, although it only comes with two interior pads to use in the overall adjustment; one pad is thicker than the other. The pads stay in place with velcro. It sits very well on his head and stays in place. The chin strap probably has too much stapping, so I ended up rolling the extra and taping it. The straps are anchored at the sides; as far as I can tell they do not interconnect from one side (ear area) to another. This means the side with the receptor part of the clasp is limited in its adjustment, but I can't imagine this to be an issue. Overall, an excellent product: sturdy, easy-to-fit, large coverage, cool color.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice hat!, February 4, 2008
I was hesitant about buying this because my son will just be 4 when he is able to use it, but it turns out that it is not too big. It is a little oversized, but I'm sure that not only will he grow into it quickly, but it will be a helmet that he can wear for a long time. The velcro pads inside the helmet (for adjusting the fit-pads - if you need them) were not glued on very well, but your own bottle of super glue can quickly fix that.

Razor V-17 Youth Multi-Sport Helmet (Satin Pink)
$29.99 $12.23