5.0 out of 5 stars No Strings Attached
I'm terribly sorry for the pun. Look, I've heard people say, "floss is floss." Until this product emerged from the Reach laboratories, I just may have sided with them. You'll immediately notice how streets ahead the competition this floss really is. Why is it better?

1) It doesn't fray. Ever.
2) It's just thick enough to deep clean your gums without...
Published on November 4, 2010 by Andrew

1.0 out of 5 stars Another Disappointment
I started using this floss several years ago because it was a little thicker than most floss and it didn't break while I was flossing. Unfortunately, just like so many other products, the manufacturer appears to have cut quality and increased the price. It's not made like it used to be and I would recommend that you not buy it.
Published 21 months ago by PDH

5.0 out of 5 stars No Strings Attached, November 4, 2010
Andrew (Pittsburgh, PA) - See all my reviews

1) It doesn't fray. Ever.
2) It's just thick enough to deep clean your gums without getting stuck between your teeth.

I really wanted to come up with 3), but we're talking about floss, and there's just not that much else to say about it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Studies are showing this works 2x better than other floss brands, February 4, 2011
I'm currently in dental hygiene school, so I have the plus of being taught why this product is better. Studies are showing that this floss gets out twice as much plaque as your average floss. Why? Well, it is stretchy and it has tiny microfiber holes in it to help attract the plaque better. I was given a bag of free samples from school and upon trying it myself I can see why they say this. You can SEE the plaque it collects on it, which is disgusting of course but hey it's better on the floss than it is in your mouth. When I used to use other brands of floss I never saw plaque on it.

Anyway, as a soon to be dental hygienist and a person who uses this floss myself now ever since my professors taught us about it, I highly recommend this to everyone.

5.0 out of 5 stars The perfect floss, October 3, 2010
I floss every day and get my teeth cleaned pretty often. Floss is actually surprisingly important to me. This is the only floss that isn't a compromise. Every other floss I've used (perhaps 10 other types) is either too slippery (doesn't get stuck but does nothing) or too sticky (cleans well but breaks and gets stuck in my teeth). This floss cleans effectively and in two months I've managed to break it only 3 times and I'm not especially gentle with it. It's a single, slightly elastic, slightly sticky ribbon that doesn't leave bits of itself behind in your teeth. An amazing advance really.

5.0 out of 5 stars Latest Dental Floss Technology Works, May 31, 2012
This review is from: Reach Total Care Floss, 90 Yard (Health and Beauty)
Leave it to Johnson & Johnson to create a better dental floss. Who would have thought there was even a "technology" to such a thing. Well, there is. They are using a new space age plastic manufactured by a company that makes the material for blast shielding on military vehicles, but J&J uses it for dental floss because of its remarkable properties. It is elastic and strong, so it rarely breaks, unlike normal old dental floss. It doesn't shred like old floss, and it has these ultra small grooves carved into the floss (you cannot see them with the naked eye) to better remove tartar and food particles from your teeth. I was at first displeased when I could not find J&J's Clean Paste dental floss, but now I understand why. This new technology is a major step forward in floss effectiveness. I have seen some reviews where other people have complained that the elastic nature results in more splatter on their mirrors, but who cares? That means that more stuff is being removed from your teeth! So wipe off your mirror after you are done and be glad you have a cleaner mouth and less for your dentist to do later.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful, January 13, 2012
Richard P. (Los Angeles, CA, US) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Reach Total Care Floss, 90 Yard (Health and Beauty)
Very useful product. My dentist recommended it. I've been flossing my whole life. This product is different and easier to use. I like it a lot.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works Great, May 28, 2010
Floss does a great job of wrapping around tooth to effectively remove particles above and below the gum line.

1.0 out of 5 stars Another Disappointment, February 26, 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Groovy, September 24, 2011
This review is from: Reach Total Care Floss, 90 Yard (Health and Beauty)
Reach Floss is different from other flosses in several key characteristics. This leads to superior performance. It is a ribbon not a thread. Thus, it covers more surface area and is easier to hold.

The surface is rough, i.e. the microgrooves, also making it easier to hold. The rough surface is also better at material removal than smooth waxed surfaces.

Finally, it stretches. This may not seem like much at first, but the stretchyness means that you do not have to get the length exactly right or keep changing your grip. The length adjusts to your need.

There is only one downside: the cost. Reach Total Care Floss costs more than standard dental flosses. However, it is competitive with Oral-B Floss Tape. Reach's superior performance makes it worthwhile.

5.0 out of 5 stars GREAT Floss!, January 9, 2010
William A. Ludwig (Tucson, AZ United States) - See all my reviews
Flossing will never be the same. This floss is AMAZING! It's kind of like flossing with a rubber band. Your teeth feel cleaner than when using 'normal' floss.

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than any other floss for me., December 31, 2010
Was so glad to see that this product was available through Amazon. We can't get it locally, and the three pack is cheaper than buying three individually.

Reach Total Care Floss, 90 Yard