Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Reaching a Generation for Christ: A Comprehensive Guide to Youth Ministry
Safety Month BOTMKT Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums The best from Bose just got wireless Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

75%
25%
Format: Hardcover|Change

on July 20, 1998
Senter provides one of the few treatments of Youth Ministry that is can serve as an college/seminary textbook and still provides practical insights for practicing clergy. Unlike several other popular titles, Senter takes the time to develop a biblical, sociological, and historical framework for youth ministry. He also provides the best overview of the various models for youth ministry that have been popular among evangelicals for the past half-century. Some may find the depth of the book overwhelming in places. It also suffers from weaknesses typical of using a variety of authors to contribude individual chapters, in that not all chapters are equally valuable. Overall the book should serve as a standard text well beyond the turn of the century for those serious about understanding and practicing effective youth ministry.
on September 3, 1999
Senter and Dunn have done a fabulous job compiling data from a number of key youth pastors. The insights I gained from this book were fantastic. Dunn's explanation of the millennial generation's needs, and how to reach them is fantastic. Great reading. This book is a must for youth pastor's everywhere.
on August 11, 2003
I think this book is very good. It has helped me as a worker in youth ministry and also my thesis that I had to write for Bible College. I have read other books on youth ministry but have never saw any like this. It shows you most problems that would rise in ministry,and it also gives good guidance for a leader in this ministry. Every youth worker should have one in their library.
on September 15, 1998
I ran across this book in the campus bookstore when picking up some other books for class. After glancing through it I was intrigued. Practical advice, theory that was useful, models laid out so you could see how they worked out on a day to day basis. I found myself taking notes and getting ideas for things I could put into practice.