- Series: Teach Yourself Language
- Paperback: 176 pages
- Publisher: McGraw-Hill; 2 edition (November 17, 2011)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 007177453X
- ISBN-13: 978-0071774536
- Product Dimensions: 5.1 x 0.8 x 7.8 inches
- Shipping Weight: 7.2 ounces
- Average Customer Review: 4.2 out of 5 stars See all reviews (4 customer reviews)
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #1,053,975 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your email address or mobile phone number.
Read and Write Arabic Script: A Teach Yourself Guide (Teach Yourself Language) 2nd Edition
Use the Amazon App to scan ISBNs and compare prices.
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
More About the Author
He is the author of:
- "Teach Yourself: Essential Arabic Vocabulary: Handbook of Core Terms" (2015)
- "Internet Arabic: Essential Middle Eastern Vocabulary" (2012)
- "Teach Yourself: Read & Write Arabic Script" (2011)
In 2011, he was awarded the e-Assessment Innovation Award and the Formative e-Assessment Award (Highly Commended) by the Scottish e-Assessment Association.
Top Customer Reviews
That said, there's a handful of errors that take away from the book. As another reviewer mentioned, the editing isn't great -- if you can catch an error, it just shows that you're paying attention and learning! Don't get too hung up on them.
I also agree that the arabic print is a bit small and difficult to read sometimes.
Overall, I would buy this book again. I think it's a good resource, at a fair price, and small enough to fit in your bag (unlike large textbooks).
I'd also recommend Alif Baa (http://amzn.com/1589016327) for learning the script; as it also teaches you bits of the language and phrases along the way.