Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer CafeSociety CafeSociety CafeSociety  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports
Customer Discussions > The Bride Collector forum

Read the book

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-4 of 4 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Feb 15, 2010 9:43:39 AM PST
K. Keating says:
I've read this book and I can say that it is amazing
I couldn't find how to write a review yet but I can promise it is a must read by Dekker!

Posted on Feb 16, 2010 10:46:15 AM PST
Arisia says:
The Bride Collector is an edge-of-your-chair thriller. It never lets up. In addition to that, Dekker's characterization is amazing. Not only do we see into the mind of a serial killer, but we also see a wide variety of other personalities, what they are like inside, and a little of how they got that way.
The usual Dekker good vs. evil is there, but it is both an external battle and an internal struggle. Each person is both good and evil: human. He presents that internal dichotomy in a very matter-of-fact way, without judgment, even of the serial killer. The characters represent good and evil in the external battle, but are themselves neither perfectly good nor perfectly evil. This allows us to identify with all of them in one way or another, including the killer. He is deceived, but not all his beliefs are lies. In his mind, he is trying to deal with evil and move toward good, as are all the characters. Seeing how each is deceived can help us see our own deceptions.

Posted on Mar 30, 2010 6:44:20 PM PDT
I couldn't find out how to review the book either so I guess I will put it here as well : What is insanity? Who says I am more important than someone labeled as insane. What does that mean anyway? Those are some important questions I felt were raised by this book. It was one of Ted's more gruesome books, but it was still a great read in fact there were many points in this book that kept me so hooked to it that I did not want to even answer the phone! I do not think it is for all though, as it is very violent. I do not want to give up much of the plot but I will say this, if you have read his other books you will love this though the young, beautiful woman glued to walls and having their blood drained almost made me not read this. I think it would be a mistake not to as like his other books, it has a very important lesson. Never judge a book by its cover.

Posted on Apr 15, 2010 1:44:53 PM PDT
Gregory Hart says:
You couldn't review the book because Amazon doesn't let non "Vine" members review books that aren't released yet. You should be able to review it now.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  The Bride Collector forum
Participants:  4
Total posts:  4
Initial post:  Feb 15, 2010
Latest post:  Apr 15, 2010

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
The Bride Collector
The Bride Collector by Ted Dekker (Paperback - January 1, 2011)
4.1 out of 5 stars (355)