Questions & Answers
Please make sure that your post is a question about the product. Edit your question or post anyway.
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 15 questions
votes
A usb cord to your computer is needed to get the books from the eredaer store. Make sure it is registered also. No wifi, just a simple reader only. My first ereader and still have it.
Oct 16, 2013 by Linda S. Linker
votes
No. It's the simplest e-book you can find. It doesn't have any sound or card slot. But it does have VERY LONG battery life, it's very light and compact. It fits in most pockets you have in your pants and jackets. You don't need internet or any other connection to use the e-book, but you have to use USB cable (included) or wall charger (need to buy) for recharging the battery. Usually I charge it full night and it works about 1 week.
Nov 1, 2013 by Nadejda Poznanskaya
votes
how big is it? Feb 28, 2014
Hello! Sorry, I don't remeber actual sizes, you can find it in the internet. I tell you about my own impressions. I had taken this book in the summer of 2011, on father's day as a gift to my father for the very interesting price in the new conditions (60 US dollars). The quality was very good, very solid and this reader working till nowdays. The screen size enought for comfortable reading. 5 inches good if you want to have a really pocket reader. Alluminium body and small size allows you to carry it in the pocket of jeans. E-ink paper not the latest generation, and not so contrast like my kinle PW, but even in this case it is very usefool and comfortable reading in the reading (not blinking on the sunlights). Father has a big hands and for him this reader was improoved. I've installed additional software and after this was possible programming numerical battons as you wish (listing paper etc.), reeading additional book formats, change fonts and font sizes and many other things... My father used this reader 2.5 years reading 10-15 books each months, after this PRS-300 still in fine condition. What else, leather case - nesessary thing for each reader. Last year I gave to my father my old Kindle 3G and SONY PRS-300 was given to my cousin. Now she is reading it very intensive and, beleive me, she is very happy about this reader!!!)))
Mar 2, 2014 by Salzburg
votes
Small- 24 lines. Medium- 18 lines. Large- 13 lines. Personally I use the small setting and find it quite similar to a paperback book size.
Jun 22, 2010 by Bookaholic
votes
Not that I'm aware.
19 days ago by Donna C
votes
No, you can't put Kindle books on it. It has to be a PDF or EPub format. I mainly used it for borrowing library books online. The one I had was not wi-fi so I had to connect with a USB cord to transfer the book from the computer to the e-reader. I would recommend a Kindle reader instead.
Apr 18, 2014 by Amazon Customer
votes
Can i read fb2 files? Apr 1, 2014
I don't know. I no longer have this e-reader.
Apr 1, 2014 by Linda S. Linker
votes
No, it does not. I also own the generation after this and that does not have a backlit screen either. I'm not sure if any of the eInk readers have that feature.
Mar 27, 2014 by H. Wong
votes
does it have light? Feb 28, 2014
No, only the Paperwhite version does, followed by the Fire.
Feb 28, 2014 by K. Childress
votes
Not that I know of but I can add my own files not from the Reader Store to the reader through Sony's Reader Library software.
Feb 28, 2014 by Donna C
‹ Previous   1   2   Next ›

Unanswered questions
Search Questions and Answers