Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Reader's Digest
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Segway miniPro

on October 27, 2014
I have always enjoyed Readers Digest. But I never subscribed because I have a bad habit of hoarding magazines that I like, then eventually have to give them away or throw them away, so for years I only read R.D. in the Doctor's or Dentist's office (my parents subscribed when I was growing up). Now that I can get it electronically, and at such a great price, I took advantage of that. It took a little bit of experimenting to familiarize with the navigation, because it doesn't work the same way as with books; but it's pretty simple once you get used to it. HOWEVER, I just got my 2nd month issue. I had not finished reading my first issue, and although I was able to locate the 1st issue in my newsstand library, when I clicked on it, it tells me "waiting to download" but never does, so I can't get back to previous issue to finish reading or to re-read previously enjoyed articles. I see this as a serious flaw in the subscription process. If this Isn't corrected, I may not renew my subscription when the time comes.
on November 7, 2014
HEY!!!!! Where have all my issues gone? This is B.S. I paid for them they should be in the cloud. Why wasn't I notified about this mass dumping of magazines? How about a refund for past unread issues. I subscribed to RD so I could read at my leisure now they are gone. You owe everyone an explanation.
on August 5, 2014
I would give it 4 starts, but after the unannounced changes that were made to the R.D. app, I'm very disappointed!! I had so many bookmarks saved from past issues. For example, recipes or references that I wanted to check out at a later date are not available to me anymore. The only way for me to "retrieve" them is to download each past issue to the kindle and then basically read each issue again to find what I wanted to keep. Absolutely ridiculous!! I do, however, like that now the newest issues will automatically be downloaded onto the device into the newsstand section when the become available.
on August 4, 2014
It is good as a magazine, horrid as an app. Originally when I signed up fr a subscription I would get confused as to if I had already got the magazine or if I had not so I ended up buying more than one issue and THEY NEVER LET ME KNOW I already had it (unlike Amazon books) Now they "made it easier" to manage subscriptions now I cannot even figure out how to get to the ones I have already bought and the older issues.

I already did not like that I had to read it in the non landscape position that I read everything else in because it is easier on my eyes.

I took the loss and deleted it from my Kindle.
on August 4, 2014
I am disappointed that I lost all previous issues! I was not finished reading the July issue and was saving it for our vacation. Now it is gone and I cannot access it.
on August 8, 2014
I do love reading the RD on my Kindle but this latest update is causing my Kindle to shut down about every 5 minutes, if that. I ended up deleting it and now things are back to normal. Too bad as I was happy with it before this update.
on August 2, 2014
The app used to be great. The way they do one issue at a time is horrible. I uninstalled.
on April 3, 2015
Disappointed from the downloading of this ususally great magazine. Two good people at Mayday tried there best to correct the viewing problem but after about an hr online they came to the conclusion that I'd just better delete the trial subscription. Said maybe the magazine is having an unyet discovered problem that needed to be solved. Have read other reviews that stated they had problems downloading it. Haven't subscribed to many subcriptions and was disappointed with this one. Hope they figure out what is wrong and get it fixed.
on May 30, 2015
I wish I could make the font larger. The text is not "spreadable". The size you see is the size you get, which isn't bad, but for a person like me who has visual impairment, it is not good like I hoped it would be.
on March 28, 2015
It is not exactly the same but I like it. When I get my actual magazine, I first flip to my favorite spots then read the rest. This allows me to do that on my Kindle HDX with the handy index available. You can also use the Table of Contents to flip through articles. The articles are the same and if you flip through, page by page, you will see the same ads. If you use the index, you don't have to see the ads at all.
What I can't do is minimal. I like to take the Word Power test right there in the book and then turn the page to see how well I did. Can't do that on the Kindle. I also leave older Digests in 'the room that shall not be named' so I have reading material when I 'go' or take a long soak in the tub. I won't leave my Kindle there.
So, all in all, I like it.