4.0 out of 5 stars New author to me
This collection of stories was the first work I have read by this author. Her range of topics/genre is impressive and I enjoyed the variation between pet stories and Fantasy. Hard to go wrong at this price. Obviously intended to get you to buy the series that the prequels set up. Well worth the read and you may buy more of her work!
Published 19 months ago by Richard Wells

3.0 out of 5 stars What's included
Published 19 months ago by Bluebonnet

3.0 out of 5 stars What's included, January 7, 2013
This review is from: Reader's Feast: Something for Everyone (A McCray Collection) (Kindle Edition)
This is my first time buying a collection like this for my Kindle. I'm not sure what I was expecting, except it didn't occur to me some of it might be short stories, let alone "prequel" short stories. I don't know this author and I've only read a little bit into the first story so far. Mostly I thought I'd post a list of contents in case anyone's wondering what's included. I'll come back later and edit my rating once I've had a chance to read through the collection.

1) 7 Fold of Winter (A YA + Epic Fantasy)
2) The Rush (A prequel MoonRush short story)
3) Rook (Let's stop the apocalypse, people)
4) Ambush (A 30 pieces of Silver prequel short story)
5) Anatomy (A Plain Jane prequel short story)
6) Pet Holiday Miracles (A short collection of inspirational holiday Miracles): a) Mr. Jack O. Lantern, b) Christmas, c) "Frick and Frack", d) Pumpkin Pie, e) Rambo, f) Love Birds
7) Pet Whisperer...er...rrr (Book 1 in the Animal's Talk Back series)
8) Hacked (An Encrypted prequel short story)

1.0 out of 5 stars books, October 16, 2013
absolutely the worst collection I have bought. never gives you the end of any story just kinda stops in the middle making you wonder and trying to find the rest

3.0 out of 5 stars Different, February 19, 2013
I was out cruising for a new author and found McCray. Some of the stuff is POW! Awesome. Some of it just leaves you hanging. And some of it, welll, hmmmm Yup just like the title Something for Everyone. So is it awful? No way. Is it different- yes. I wouldn't recommend buying this for someone else unless you know they are a fan. The genre runs the gamut. Too different for someone who hasn't run across her stuff before and may not be up for the challenge. But if you want to broaden your library, this will do it.

4.0 out of 5 stars New author to me, January 22, 2013

3.0 out of 5 stars Reader's Feast, June 3, 2013
Great reads and they make you want more. Loved the ones dealing with the little dogs and cats that make you happy and sad a t the same time. Can't wait to read more.

2.0 out of 5 stars Dissapointed!, January 31, 2014
If you are going to spend this much time reading a story you do expect an ending...not an unfinished manuscript. Why would you put together a collection that leaves the reader frustrated? Prequel; yes you expect to get a taste and want to read what comes after but why invest 600 pages to a story the reader has no hope of ever concluding? I will not recommend this to others.

5.0 out of 5 stars good read, January 24, 2014
Book Bob (West Michigan) - See all my reviews
chosen for the price but very good reading on a cold winter afternoon hot coffee, hot book and a warm blanket whou could ask for anything more fun way to find new authors

4.0 out of 5 stars Very interesting, July 31, 2013
But the first book kinda ended abruptly...I will go back and catch the ending...maybe I just missed the ending..I'll turn the page...

5.0 out of 5 stars Reader's Feast: Something for EVERYONE... Carolyn McCray, January 20, 2013
Thomas R. Brunette (Janesville, WI United States) - See all my reviews
McCRAY'S BOOKS ARE ALWAYS AN EASY READ. WHEN YOU START A BOOK IT'S HARD TO PUT DOWN.....ALWAYS WONDERING....WHAT'S NEXT !

2.0 out of 5 stars NONE TO MY LIKES, May 5, 2013
I THOUGHT FROM THE REVIEW I MIGHT LIKE THE BOOKS, BUT I WAS VERY DISAPPOINTED. VERY DOUBTFUL IF I WILL ORDER FROM THIS AUTHOR AGAIN. SORRY.......

Rate and Discover Movies