4.0 out of 5 stars Works great but it is smelly
Published on April 29, 2008 by IMHO

1.0 out of 5 stars Product is bad... customer service is non-existent!!! :o(
This product is horrible! I own mine for approximately 6 months or so. As others have mentioned, there is a nasty smell emitted when you use it and there is NO storage for the accessories.

Published on July 30, 2008 by Beej in NY

4.0 out of 5 stars Works great but it is smelly, April 29, 2008
This review is from: ReadiVac 35145 14-2/5-Volt Cordless Wet/Dry Handheld Vacuum Cleaner (Kitchen)
When I read the first review on this vacuum about it being smelly, I thought maybe not all of them would have the same issue. Since it was the strongest wet/dry cordless hand vacuum that I could find, I decided to order it anyway. It's a lot more powerful than our old 7.2 volt wet/dry Dustbuster. But, the smell that it gives off when in use is pretty strong. So, if you don't really need the wet pick-up feature too much (I don't pick up wet messes with the vacuum as often as I thought I would), I would recommend the Black & Decker CHV1400 14.4-Volt Cyclonic DustBuster. It's gotten pretty good reviews and our Black & Decker held up well over the years.

1.0 out of 5 stars Product is bad... customer service is non-existent!!! :o(, July 30, 2008

MY problem is that the battery no longer charges. I followed directions not to leave it on the charger all the time in order to prolong battery life. I would use it a few times before recharging. Eventually, I had to recharge it after each use. NOW, the battery does not charge at all!

I have tried many times to contact customer service via email. Never received a response! I have tried to contact customer service via telephone. A receptionist answers and says she is transferring to customer service, but no one picks up the phone.

I would personally recommend staying AWAY from this product!

5.0 out of 5 stars Ultimate car vac, December 1, 2007
I purchased the Readivac Cordless Vac mainly to clean my car and it works great. Having no cord is so much better than using others I have tried that have to have an extension cord. Works great on small clean ups on carpet or floors.

1.0 out of 5 stars is it supposed to make this noise?, November 30, 2008
JPTech (Fort Lauderdale, FL United States) - See all my reviews
I bought this vacuum with a singular function in mind. I wanted to clean up my son's cheerio mess without a broom. since dry cheerios are light, anything should pick them up. This vacuum performed perfect for the first day. After that, it started making a slight noise when in use. Then picking it up and using it caused a loud noise. Then finally, I figured out the problem. The vacuum rotor popped off the motor spindle. It fell apart after less than 2 days. While it may work great for the first day, I can't recommend a product which only lasts two days of light use. Very poor quality control.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not much of a hand vac., July 13, 2008
I've been very disappointed in this unit. It has a cheap feel about it,and I don't think it's very well balanced, weight wise. Most important, the suction is not very good for a unit of this size. I've also not been happy with the lack of storage for the included tools. You'd be much better off with a B&D Dust Buster - little more expensive, but worth it.

1.0 out of 5 stars Just a poor quality product, January 31, 2010
I've owned this for about a year. Took good care of it, followed instructions, and didn't use it very frequently - no more than once every two weeks tops. Now the battery no longer holds any kind of charge - when it's turned on it emits a wimpery, sad little sound and has absolutely no suction. I did not purchase a cheapo model, I spent $40 on this and I expected it to last a lot longer and perform a lot better. I'd steer clear of this model.

1.0 out of 5 stars Sucker Sucks...NOT!, January 2, 2011
Just about nothing good about this poor investment. Loud, Smelly, and the poorest rechargable battery that may last a month or so before nearly losing all power. Don't think that you'll be the lucky one to follow the charging instructions and have an acceptable product. It's easy to disassemble and troubleshoot, in fact, short of the main thing (which is suction) the unit is well designed and built. DON'T BUY ONE.

3.0 out of 5 stars I bought this for my Mom, September 25, 2013
She uses it for small pick up jobs. Easy for her to handle at her age. She recently bought a cordless upright vac- Electrolux and likes that better than the small unit because she does not have to bend over. :)

1.0 out of 5 stars bad product, September 2, 2011
We have had other hand vacuum's and we expected this to be a good product. To our disappointment we do not care for it at all. It does not pick up and it seems to be on low battery set up. We are ready to throw it out and purchase a different brand.

4.0 out of 5 stars Smelly!, July 18, 2007
Paula "chippy4" (Baltimore, MD United States) - See all my reviews
This hand vac does what it promises but I have to use it in rooms where my birds aren't; it has a strong chemical smell even after 6 months of use.