Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it The Jayhawks Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Gifts for Mom to look and feel great Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer ctstrph2 ctstrph2 ctstrph2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando Shop Now SnS

on December 14, 2007
Reading Comprehension is one of the most difficult areas to improve in a short time for the GMAT. If you are not getting good scores in this section and if you've not been a life long reader, then it is not easy to improve your score - it will take hard work and a lot of practice, and probably the Manhattan GMAT RC guide.

This book is definitely one of the best out there for this section. The book offers some radically new tricks and tips to better attack this section (I ended up using a few of them and they were very helpful) and it also has a bunch of practice passages apart from pointers to practice passages from the Official Guide.

I will be reviewing other ManhattanGMAT Prep books individually but here's what I have to say about the entire series - buy them all, it will cost you less than 150 dollars and believe me, it will be money well spent (I scored 760 on my GMAT last month).
on September 20, 2014
Well written and worth the money - after reading it I went back doing problem sets on the OG and saw an improvement. I wish they have more RC questions available in the online question bank though (it seems there are only a few RC passages)
on December 6, 2009
I wouldn't take the gmat without comprehensively reviewing all the workbooks and online material for manhattan GMAT. They are simply the best books and most directly relevant books to studying. They don't care about teaching you material, but teaching exactly what you need to know for the GMAT, and nothing more!

If you get this book, you should also get access to the online material. I would highly suggest you do all the material and time yourself. There are 6 practice tests that in my opinion are the best in the market. I would do the pearson/GMAC provided test once in the beginning to see where you stand. Then take on practice test from Manhattan GMAT per weekend. Treat it like a real test! Then carefully go over all your answers and mistakes. Even go over the ones you got right!

During the week, I would focus on going through the workbooks and other online exercises.

It is a major commitment but it was worth it...I got a 740
VINE VOICEon November 24, 2013
This is a strange topic to write a whole book about but the GMAT prep team from Manhattan has included some solid topics on this difficult subject matter. RC is tough to teach since it's really dependent on the reader's skills and time they spend reading for comprehension. This book is limited because it really does focus on a few case study stories to analyze and dives down deep. Not a ton of tips but a focus a few examples to "over analyze". So, I don't think this is a easy subject to really teach but this book is a certain asset.
on February 9, 2010
If you read this book from front to back and do all of the examples, it WILL raise your verbal score. I ended up ranking in the 92nd percentile for verbal, which is usually my weaker subject. I did not take the course in addition to using this book - so my comment is really just on this specific product/book. Hope this helps!
on October 22, 2009
This and all the other Manhattan GMAT guides were really helpful in helping me prep for the GMAT. My colleagues had recommended them over other guides and I continue to do the same after getting the score I needed on my first try.
on April 2, 2009
Overall, this is a good book, with detailed and accurate explanations on methods and what to expect in the exam.
One thing can be improved though - the questions/quizzes. Very small portion of the questions are not really good ones.
on February 20, 2010
The best companion to RC that I have read - great to start, improve and then hit the practice tests. Loved it and it worked like a charm for me because I improved my scores tremendously.
on May 12, 2011
It was what I expected. I just need more examples to practice because the book has few of them. Now I have to buy another book with examples. I guess it is the business.
on October 13, 2013
It has helped me to improve my comprehending skills.
I will recommend this to anyone preparing for GMAT but is bad in RC.