Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Reading the World: Ideas That Matter (Second Edition)
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Recess Monkey Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

on April 28, 2011
Even after dropping the class this book is becoming a personal favorite it challenges my mind, my old fashioned ideas into new ones and forces me to "dust off" my critical thinking skills to understand what wonderful essays it presents to me! hopefully it will challenge you as much it has challenged me! give it 4 stars because I haven't finished reading it yet!
on September 26, 2014
I use this as the primary textbook in my Academic Writing and Critical Thinking class in an international BA program at a college in Brussels. My students, who come from all over the globe, absolutely love this book! Many of them write in their class evaluations that the readings were very interesting and several students have said they even took the book home over the holidays so their parents could read it. It rarely appears at our college's 'used book sales'. The authors of the essays come from all historic eras and all regions of the globe. They represent both genders and many nationalities. Because Michael Austin provides a writing guide at the end of the section (thesis, summary, using quotations, avoiding fallacies, introductions, conclusions....) there is no need for any additional writing handbook. Honestly, I cannot recommend this book too highly.
on January 5, 2014
This book for my college English class had some of the most interesting and thought provoking essays that have ever been written. The essays range from well known figures to those lesser known, at least to me.
I found each essay I read to be thought provoking. I only wish I had time to read each and everyone of them.
on October 17, 2013
It was what I ordered and expected. It was delivered immediately. I think the waiting time said for about three weeks. I purchased this book for my son in college. It was available when I needed it and I did not have a problem with the way it arrived or how it look. It actually was better than I expected.
on October 5, 2012
This book is actually pretty nice and has some good stuff in it as well. The book I received was used it was in such great condition I thought it was new for a second, it was great to pay the cheaper price for a book that looked like it could be new.
on December 1, 2012
A very good collection of work that are immortal in history and key to higher learning. A must read too.
on August 3, 2012
I used this for a college class. It was okay. it seems bias towards the left, since it includes sections from people like Al Gore, Obama, the beginning of environmentalism and Gandhi on economics but doesn't including anything from say, Reagan and I think very little from the founding fathers.

Also: THIS BOOK IS VERY HARD TO READ. It has thin pages, small font and shiny pages. Just know that when you buy the book. Most of these readings can be found online in a PDF form.
on March 4, 2015
It is a very informative book about ideologies and philosophies by different people in the B.C era. It is complicated but at the same time educational
on July 26, 2014
This book helped me out tremendously. The book I had bought previously for the class didn't have the same stuff....guess I had got the wrong one.
on February 12, 2015
Bought used for cheap. Worth it! Fast shipping for expedited cost is also worth! Thanks a bunch!