5.0 out of 5 stars Prepper must
An all in one prep for emergency. I picked this up for my grand-kids in case of major emergency. The backpack holds it all, and it is compact enough it fits under a table next to the exit door. In Alaska, it is always best to be prepared for earthquakes, and this suits the bill perfectly.
Published on March 19, 2012 by MAD

I bought this when it was only around 35$, so I thought it's a good set for the price. I recently moved it around and saw that the water packages broke in both of my sets. They are in tetra paks (Milk cartons) and the seams broke at some of them, soaking the rest of them and the bottom of my backpacks. This is a huge design flaw for an emergency pack!
Luckily Amazon...
Published 15 months ago by Corinne Bachmann

5.0 out of 5 stars Prepper must, March 19, 2012
MAD (Alaska for today) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Ready America 70380 Grab `N Go Essentials 4 Person Backpack (Tools & Home Improvement)

3.0 out of 5 stars Good for the money, but water packages broke after a few months of storing., September 16, 2013
Luckily Amazon was great about it and I get a partial refund and I'll just replace the water as the rest is still intact.

Otherwise it's a good start and better than nothing, but it needs additional things like a radio, a flashlights, probably a water purifier and some sort of fire starter. I would not get it for the current price (88$), but for around 35$ it's great.

3.0 out of 5 stars Overpriced, August 7, 2013
Great starter but way overpriced I purchased this for $39.99,they more than doubled the price for $88.00 assemble your own for a lot less.Thats the reason for three stars

5.0 out of 5 stars Great price to get started on the basics, May 17, 2013
I don't think this pack includes everything that one might need but for the price of $39.99 (what I paid), it's a great start. Some of the items are cheaply made (goggles, whistle) but will still work and serve their purposes should we ever need them. The food bars, water, emergency blankets, and sturdy backpack is worth the $40 in my opinion. This is not worth the original list price.

5.0 out of 5 stars NECESSITY FOR EMERGENCIES!, May 14, 2013
Tanka (Bronx, New York) - See all my reviews
People underestimate life and how fast it can change. Superstorm Sandy was a recent tragedy for which some people weren't prepared for, despite warnings. This is a must buy for just in case!

4.0 out of 5 stars For Traveling or On the Road, May 6, 2013
I love to drive on my vacation every year. I live in North Texas and I went all the way to Key West, FL, Baltimore, MD, San Francisco, CA, Las Vegas, NV...and so on. Just in case that my family car break down or other emergency need on the road, I just grab and go. But I like to see more pockets on the backpack, though.

4.0 out of 5 stars Decent enough Kit, February 1, 2012
Bought this kit as a primer to a bug out bag (Bob) and is a decent enough start to such a kit. However I immediately added quite a bit to the first aid, personal hygiene, and personal safety portions. I will also be changing the bag to a larger bag at first opportunity.This kit is a good start, and better than being unprepared, but you will have to customize and add to it if you really want to be in decent position should you need it.

4.0 out of 5 stars A bit overpriced but worth it for peace of mind, December 26, 2013
I was hesitant when I received this as a gift after the reviews but was surprised. I am not sure I would recommend this for an emergency road kit per say as some of the items where a little "doomsday prepper" such as the googles and face masks but overall it was exactly as pictured. I added a portable stove, sturdy multi-purpose light, matches/fire starter, flashlight, and water purification (straws/tabs), pot, and spork. Added some nifty space blanket sleeping bags I had gotten earlier with dried food to make it more all-purpose. Backpack seems basic but sturdy. Took out the water and put in seperate bag that I can grab so it won't leak just in case. I threw the water in a bin with candles in the trunk just in case along with extra batteries, maps, and a small shovel. A bit heavy to run and cart with but perfect for a car. Plastic bin can be used for all sort of things during an emergency too.

3.0 out of 5 stars Overall good package, November 6, 2013
water was broken and would not be replaced; otherwise the other things are good and to buy them individually it would add up to more (especially the food)

4.0 out of 5 stars great bag, June 9, 2013
You get so much stuff for the price good start up bag has all you need in in a emergency

Ready America 70380 Grab `N Go Essentials 4 Person Backpack