Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Ready For Love
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro STEM

79%
21%

on June 9, 2007
If you"re ready for love.Then You"re ready to give this album a listen."Ready For Love" is the second album of Mr Walter Beasley I"ve purchase the first being "For Her".Now I liked "For Her" but it didn"t turn me into a big fan of Walter Beasley.But this album does it"s smooth jazz at it"s best.And Walter Beasley on alto saxophone sounds wonderful.This is a good album for those who love smooth jazz.On the album Mr Beasley pays homage to the 70"s with great interpertations of Deniece Williams "Free" and William DeVaughn "Be Thankful".If you like sweet and mellow sounds check out the lovely "La Nina" and "Rhea"s Song".Walter Beasley turns vocalist on two songs on the album one of them being the sad and touching "Miss You".The song "Land Of The Sun" seems like a slight departure from the other songs on the album.With it"s sound effects and somewhat tropical feeling.All in all this is a very enjoyable album and I think one of Walter Beasley best efforts.Great music for relaxing times and romantic times.
on January 2, 2013
I've followed Walter's music for years and greatly enjoyed Ready for Love! In my book, Walter rates in the top 5 artists that are still currently recording. My top artist is still Boney James because of his mellow tones and creative interpretations of not only his new music, but also from other artists, but Walter Beasley's music is a close second and I can reccommend this one highly!
on March 4, 2007
Excellence music on this CD, I would recommend it to all smooth jazz listeners. A must have for your collect.
on November 27, 2007
I may have to rank this as the best cd Walter Beasley ever put out and that is saying a lot with all of the great music he has already had. His remake of Free and Be Thankful for What You Got are simply wonderful and soulful. I Miss You is another soulful song where Walter shows his vocal ability. She Move Me really slips up on you and gets you dancing in your seat and not notice. Walter is one of those artist that as soon as I hear he has something new I don't say let me hear it, I go buy it. Once again he made me feel like I got more than my money's worth.
on July 30, 2008
This is probably Walter's best CD since "For Your Pleasure", not including the compilations he's done in that time (which include the excellent "Midnight Love"). His last CD, "For Her", was very good, but this one tops it as a great listening experience from the beginning.

He's been known to do some covers, and he starts out with a couple of them early on - "Free" and "Be Thankful For What You've Got". The original tracks are largely instrumental, which is a very good thing since he loses some luster when he gets carried away with vocals. The title track and the second single, "Why Not You", are both nice songs that pick up the pace, as much of the CD does - "La Nina" and the beautiful "Land of the Sun" also do this very nicely, and he goes down a different path with "She Moves Me". He's still very capable of slowing it down, doing so beautifully with songs like "Rhea's Song", "Miss You" (where his vocals come in), "Sugar Puddin'", and "Willa Mae's Place" to close it out.

No songs really stand out as star tracks or duds. This is simply 11 consecutive songs that are a pleasure to listen to, and it makes for some of the artist's best work.
on May 1, 2007
Once again, Walter's smooth ballads will sweep you away. He has a way of putting just the right touch on a CD featuring Ole School and new Ballads.

If you like a smooth, sexy, graceful approach with wonderful Love Ballads, this CD is for You.
on September 6, 2007
Ready For Love is AWESOME......When I'm driving to work or just going to the store.....and I put Walter Beasley's CD in to play.....and Ready for Love plays....I turn up the volume......It is AWESOME.........I Love It...
on December 8, 2007
The saxophone is one of my favourite instruments, and Walter Beasley knows how to play it!
As well as playing sax, he also sings on a number of tracks.
A lovely album, very pleasing to the ear.
on March 16, 2016
The music is nice, smooth, very mellow. Track 5 skips slightly but not too bad for a used cd.
on July 14, 2014
This is a great smooth, easy listening jazz for mature individuals who appreciate music.