5.0 out of 5 stars A review from Dad
Published 8 months ago by Robert Duff

2.0 out of 5 stars Not As Expected
This is one of the very few cookbooks I have ever taken the effort to return. I love the concept, what RGK stands for and Haylie, but the cookbook just didn't work for me. The illustrations and layout of the book are gorgeous, it's the recipes that didn't stand up to the hype.

Published 8 months ago by osucristina

5.0 out of 5 stars A review from Dad, November 8, 2013
This review is from: The Real Girl's Kitchen (Paperback)
Haylie put her heart into the book as she does with everything she takes on. It is not a "me too" cookbook and she created most of the recipes herself. Yes, as her Dad ,I bought a number of them just like any Dad would do to support his daughter's work. I took one as a hostess gift last night to watch the OU / Baylor game and the book made the rounds among the guests all evening and now looks like an old veteran on her shelf. It was a big hit as each of the ladies raved about this recipe, and so on. .She text me that she appreciated me working the room for her! If you follow Haylie as an actor, you will get to know her even better through the book as each recipe has a story.She wrote every word, And, yes, It did not go over very well taking her to Hooters for wings ! Enjoy

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely beautiful and delicious!!!, October 15, 2013
This review is from: The Real Girl's Kitchen (Paperback)
This is an absolutely beautiful and superbly thought out book. The recipes are very unique and original, but also very homey and comforting. They're all very well organized, and very easy to follow. The book is filled with stunning photos, and most recipes are presented with a story or antidote that pulls the reader in, and guides them through the preparation of the food. This book can easily be used as much for quick snacks or everyday meals, as it can for elegant dinner parties or formal affairs. And the book manages to accomplish a rarity in the cookbook world: tasty and delicious, but also healthy and good for you!!! It's very obvious that Ms. Duff LOVES food, and has put a lot of love into this book...

5.0 out of 5 stars great, October 18, 2013
This review is from: The Real Girl's Kitchen (Paperback)
I thought it was really a nice cookbook I like how she did the recipes like they were on little index cards, haven't made a lot of the recipes yet
but the ones I did try were excellent best cookbook so far I thought that they would b too fancy of recipes and couldnt' find any of the ingredients
but didnt' have a problem I think she did a very good job and its my new fav cookbook

5.0 out of 5 stars a beautiful cookbook to have, October 18, 2013
This review is from: The Real Girl's Kitchen (Paperback)
This is a beautiful cook book, with a very homey, family feel to it and love. Very tasty recipes, and amazing pictures... I can't wait to make a few dishes with my daughter..

5.0 out of 5 stars The Perfect Gift, October 20, 2013
This review is from: The Real Girl's Kitchen (Paperback)
This cookbook is the perfect gift! Haylie Duff makes makes intimidating recipes easy using simple steps and familiar ingredients. The stories that accompany each recipe give the book personality. I am looking forward to making many of these recipes for Thanksgiving this year.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect!, March 11, 2014
Jacklyn Kinney (Liverpool, NY USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Real Girl's Kitchen (Paperback)
Excellent take on a today cookbook. Well written, easy to find ingredients and just plain fun to use for the cookbook lover. Having been cooking for over 60 years it is also perfect for my 24 year old granddaughter, who is just learning to cook, (rather than take out)., A fun cookbook.

5.0 out of 5 stars real recipes for real girls, October 20, 2013
This review is from: The Real Girl's Kitchen (Paperback)
the perfect size to toss into your totebag and refer to in the market aisles,
with gorgeous photos, simple ingredient lists, and clear directions that leave you inspired.
awesome veggie options and handy chef's tips.
full of emotion - a california version of "like water for chocolate!"

2.0 out of 5 stars Not As Expected, November 22, 2013
This review is from: The Real Girl's Kitchen (Paperback)

They are all very basic, and really just RGK take on other recipes out there- they aren't very original. There's a recipe for a corn dish that is elote. That's what it's called everywhere else, but RGK put some other name to it. Also, not everything was from scratch. There is a recipe that calls for crescent rolls. Not what I was expecting out of a natural and organically focused cookbook.

All in all, I was tempted to keep it for my coffee table because of the beautiful book, but decided to make the room on my shelf for something better.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love, March 6, 2014
This review is from: The Real Girl's Kitchen (Paperback)
As a photographer, I'm a huge sucker for wonderful photos, and this book definitely lived up to my expectation! Can't wait to cook my way through it.

3.0 out of 5 stars Some good recipes, April 14, 2014
This review is from: The Real Girl's Kitchen (Paperback)
I do like the layout of the book. Really beautiful pictures in it of the food, family and friends. However, not too many recipes. Some real basic, some personal favorites. My deal is the usage of prepackaged foods. Crescent rolls, really/!? I like her soups, dressings, and vegetable sections. Her desserts fall flat with too much packaged ingredients. Overall, good for some inspiration but falls flat to any seasoned, more advanced cook.

The Real Girl's Kitchen
The Real Girl's Kitchen by Haylie Duff (Paperback - October 15, 2013)
$19.99 $13.32