Citrus Natural Solvent, a paint thinner alternative, is used as a direct replacement for mineral spirits and odorless mineral spirits. Citrus Solvent can be used wherever paint thinner or mineral spirits are required as a natural, safer alternative. Citrus Solvent is not the same as any of the other "citrus-branded" cleaning products on the market, including Citrus Solve or Citri-Solve. It is, however, an excellent degreaser, paint remover alternative, and can be used to replace petroleum chemicals such as mineral spirits. Citrus Solvent is 98% pure citrus peel oil extracted from the peel of the orange fruit; the other 2% is water. This small amount of water is emulsified in the solvent and will not raise wood grain but is released into the air as the solvent evaporates. Our Citrus Solvent does not contain any emulsions, surfactants, or any other additives that paint thinner products contain. Our brand of Citrus Solvent is as clear as ordinary water as opposed to the deep orange of lower grades, which means that it will not add more amber color when mixed with our Pure Tung Oil. Our Citrus Solvent does not contribute to depletion of the upper ozone or smog like mineral spirits or paint thinner. The material released into the air by our Citrus Solvent is essentially the same material that is continuously being released into the air in every orange grove, and is gently returned to the earth with the rain.
Unlike paint thinner, our Citrus Solvent does not cause damage to the internal organs of the body when breathed in; instead, it passes through without effect. As a matter of fact, when you drink orange juice from the store, you drink small amounts of Citrus Solvent in the form of oils from the orange peel from which the juice was squeezed! Another advantage of Citrus Natural Solvent as a paint thinner alternative is that Citrus Natural Solvent can be easily disposed of with no threat to the environment.