4.0 out of 5 stars Comprehensive map for your entire financial life!
[Disclaimer: The author gave me a free copy of this book to review.]

Published 7 months ago by Valerie Rind

1.0 out of 5 stars Not informative
Generic information. Poorly written. Didn't find the information useful. The book was not organize and was not user friendly. Would not recommend to others.
Published 6 months ago by lawanda lewis

4.0 out of 5 stars Comprehensive map for your entire financial life!, January 7, 2014
This review is from: Real Money Answers for Every Woman: How to Win the Money Game With or Without a Man (Paperback)
[Disclaimer: The author gave me a free copy of this book to review.]

There is so much more in this book than just your basic personal finance info. It's a comprehensive manual that addresses all stages of your life, written in a conversational, down-to-earth style. The author rapid-fires questions at you and delivers plenty of tough love, for example "There's no trying to create wealthy habits. You're either doing it or not doing it."

A constant theme is that you need to get in touch with your own "financial blueprint" which Ms. Washington describes as the collection of your beliefs, ideals, thoughts, and actions about money. However, she does not allow you to wallow in your financial past; instead she aims to teach you how to change your inner dialog and behavioral patterns to move your life in a positive direction.

The book covers a wide range of topics for all life stages, from opening a bank account to financing your children's education. Topics that you wouldn't expect to find in a personal finance book include how to avoid workplace drama, develop your personal brand, and invest in your professional development without spending a fortune.

The author offers glimpses into her own personal experiences, both positive and negative, and shares anecdotes from the many women clients she has counseled and coached. This helps bring the advice to life for the reader.

The text is a bit dense but is broken up with crisp sound bites of "real talk," affirmations, and savings tips.

There's something for nearly every woman to learn in this cradle-to-grave personal finance bible!

5.0 out of 5 stars You couldn't ask for MORE - It's ALL here, January 6, 2014
Let me first start by saying this book is a HUGE reality check (in a good way). As a grown woman you'd like to think you know all there is to managing your money but this book puts it all into perspective in the most caring and "keep it real" kind of way that only Patrice can deliver.

This book isn't your boring, outdated, textbook, wealth and money management books. This is REAL life questions that we as woman may to be embarrassed to ask because we think we should know (or can't believe we are going through what we are going through). Reading "Real Money Answers for Every Woman: How to Win the Money Game With or Without a Man" made me feel like I was sitting one on one with a trusted advisor who just happened to be one of my best friends (with my best interest at heart). I can't tell you how many "Ah-HA" moments I had.

One of the major parts of the book that was extremely helpful for me was the part about enabling your friends and family when it comes to money. As women we feel we have a duty to take care of others and that is something I struggle with. This section of the book gave me clear and concise answers to how to tackle this aspect of my life as it relates to my family an money. I can't tell you how valuable this is to me!

Thank you, thank you, thank you for writing this book. It has everything a women needs to be financially fit for years to come.
I recommend this to any women wanting to get to the root of their money issues, concerns and questions. Would give it 10 stars if I could.

5.0 out of 5 stars If You Are READY for a Financial Breakthrough--This is a MUST READ!!!, January 5, 2014
By combining financial literacy strategies targeted for women with an entrepreneurial spirit of successful business outcomes, Real Money Real Answers for Every Woman: How to Win the Money Game With or Without a Man by Patrice C. Washington creates a special synergy between the professional woman's financial, business and career goals. Washington's book effectively helps the career woman, or entrepreneur, cut through financial pitfalls to save what she should, earn what she should and live how she should as a married, divorced or single woman.
Washington combines everything needed to uncover new investment ideas, cross-cutting financial plans and small business tactics exclusively for readers who are serious about getting out of debt, obtaining the career of their dreams and/or leaving a legacy for their family. Washington helps us to understand our portfolios and how to add meaningful context to our financial strategies. With Washington's insights, readers will find a new perspective on financial literacy, gain and investments. I thoroughly enjoyed reading this book, and strongly suggest anyone (man or woman) to read it as well if they're ready to get ahead financially and live a better life. -Dr. L.A. Matthews

5.0 out of 5 stars The answers for your money issues are all answered in this book, January 5, 2014
I first met Patrice (virtually) a little over a year ago when she appeared on a radio show that I co-hosted, Cocktails and Conversation. She joined us to chat about money matters for women and got me to really think about some financial mistakes I'd made and "covered" up with some pretty dumb (yeah dumb) excuses. The really cool thing was she didn't make me feel dumb at all because the advise she gave was extremely practical and is explained in greater detail in this book.

Nobody really wants to read a financial book especially if you are being careless with your money. Patrice's straight no chaser advice with a splash of comedy makes you want to delve into each chapter so you too can Win at the Money Game. Don't we all want to win at that game? And ladies it's so doable on our own. Do you know that females are leaders when it comes to managing successful home based businesses? Many becoming millionaires! I think it's time we all get this money thing together and Real Money Answers is the perfect start for reaching your financial goals.

Even if you weren't taught about money as a child, as many of us are not it's never to late. I say that especially to my single moms like me that are trying to figure out how everything is going to get done. As Patrice says, "everything can be budgeted for". This part really struck me because I'm always making excuses for why I don't have enough for this or for that because this or that emergency came up when I knew all along it was going to happen. That small piece of advice I gained from reading the book has helped me refocus and think how I can make changes for future financial success. So thanks to Patrice I made a major decision to downsize for a little while so that life's little (well-known) emergencies can be handled and I can still pay the bills!

Get this book today and get ready for Patrice's wisdom and wit helping you on your way to financial success.

5.0 out of 5 stars Money: Make Your Next Move Your Best Move, January 5, 2014
If you ever compared earning, saving, or spending money to playing a game without rules, Patrice C. Washington, Founder and CEO of Seek Wisdom and Find Wealth –– a personal finance consulting firm based in Atlanta, Georgia, not only reveals the secrets to playing the money game, but shows you how to win in her newest release, REAL Money Answers for Every Woman. “Whether you’re a busy wife, single mother, college student, young professional, or mature woman of a certain age, this book was written to help you achieve your personal finance goals at any level.”

Patrice’s “big-sister” candid conversation helps you strategically move through your own personal finance journey to land yourself on the pathway to financial freedom. Within the first few pages, she immediately dispels the beliefs and false perceptions about the truth behind acquiring REAL wealth, noting that it all begins with your mindset. “Uncover the lies ––– I mean mindsets, attitudes, and myths –– that have been holding you back from financial freedom.”

In four sections, the Wisdom & Wealth Money Maven, coaches women through a meaningful self-guided reading experience on how to redefine their views of money, get a clear understanding and vision of their financial goals, and positions the reader to score in a big way. Although the book can be read from cover-to-cover, it is written in a Q&A format for quick reference.

If you’re a woman ready to start your own business and “Get Your Hustle On,” Patrice will show you how to create and execute a master plan to succeed at entrepreneurship. No desire to be your own boss? No worries! In “Workplace Wisdom,” you’ll identify your dream job or assess your value in your current career to develop a strategy to move up the corporate ladder. Regardless of your intention when it comes to money: getting rid of debt, improving your credit score, budgeting, or starting an “emergency fund,” Patrice is the voice of reason as you role the dice on making the best money moves to reach an abundant level of wealth in your life. “My goal is to introduce you to basic financial knowledge that other women in your life may not have shared.”

Losing at the money game is a CHOICE, especially when the Wisdom & Wealth Money Maven herself has provided you with the interactive money handbook on how to be a REAL skillful player. Game On.

5.0 out of 5 stars Ring in the New Year With Real Money Answers for Every Woman: How to Win the Money Game With or Without a Man, January 7, 2014
Patrice C. Washington’s Real Money Answers for Every Woman: How to Win the Money Game With or Without a Man, her second effort, is the perfect read complete with exercises and a friendly but firm tone on getting your money mind right. Your money mind being your thought patterns, attitudes, innate or learned behavior surrounding money that provide the excuses driving negative financial habits. Her tips and tools helps you gain the courage and motivation crucial to changing your habits into wealthy ones.

Real Money Answers also covers classic topics that helps boost earning power through advice on how to get noticed the right way at work, to how to hustle, to how to get your investment game on--but in a way that only a sista-friend who’s tired of seeing her girl play herself would; a way that lets you know she’s been there, she’s done this, and you can too!

Another important aspect to Real Money Answers is that she covers money--and the man! Patrice teaches you how to know if he’s as money-smart as you’ll be, whether you’re just dating or if things are looking up for the long haul. Patrice also arms you with the red flags to tick off in case a few first dates shouldn’t go much farther than that.

What I like best about Real Money Answers is the section “Friends & Family or Financial Foes.” It’s a topic not tackled enough or at all in many personal finance books. We all need friends. And without family who would we be? But the struggle is real when being there for the fam and best friend role hurts your financial well being. Real Money Answers points out how your love and generosity for others is bad for your financial health, and indicates the potential long-term effects. But there's good for all in RMA as it helps you turn a negative into a positive by providing options for you to suggest that will help your loved ones more than the many nickels and dimes you’ve provided ever could.

As the book promises, this read is for every woman. Real Money Answers was worth the wait, and will be worth the investment.

Arlice Nichole, Founder and Editor of A Woman'$ Worth

5.0 out of 5 stars An absolute must read if you're looking to "Be Fierce, Fabulous and Financially Fit"!, February 25, 2014
Ms. Washington’s book is an absolutely must have for all women looking to gain accountability with their personal finances. The book is filled with solid content that will assist all women ~ from the young to the matured. It's a comprehensive book written in a conversational, down-to-earth, easy read style. Readers will have a new perspective on financial literacy. It’s time for all women to “Be Fierce, Fabulous and Financially Fit”.

5.0 out of 5 stars Thought Provoking and Life Changing, February 25, 2014
This book by Patrice Washington had literally changed my life and how I view money. By reading this book I have learned the money myths that I have been telling myself that have kept me in a cycle of debt. By changing those myths into passive affirmations I have began to take back control over my finances. It's a journey and a process, however with the information and the practical and achievable steps I've learned in this book I feel equipped to continue towards success! I recommend this book to any woman or man for that matter that is reading this review! Patrice's down to earth approach is refreshing and appreciated!

5.0 out of 5 stars Must Read If You Really Want Answers !!, February 17, 2014
Patrice breaks it down completely and gives you a reality check. As an entrepreneur who did not come from money, I can relate and agree with many facts that she mentions in this book. She has inspired me to continue to reach my short and long-term goals.
This book is REAL TALK !

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Instrumental to Finances., February 17, 2014
John H. Willis (BRUNSWICK, GEORGIA, US) - See all my reviews
You can't lose when you buy this Book by Patrice C.Washington,very informal and written with language you can understand,plus Patrice covered all forms of finances.

Real Money Answers for Every Woman: How to Win the Money Game With or Without a Man by Patrice C. Washington (Paperback - November 2, 2013)
$21.95 $17.43