Questions & Answers
Real Salt Sea Salt - Pouch, 26-Ounce
by Real Salt
4.6 out of 5 stars (331)
$10.19
Add to cart
Please make sure that your post is a question about the product. Edit your question or post anyway.
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 10 questions
votes
Short answer: YES. The company says: "Real Salt does contain naturally-occurring iodine, but not enough to satisfy the recommended daily allowance of 150 micrograms. Real Salt doesn't provide the recommended daily allowance of protein, either. Or fat. Because nature intended salt to provide our bodies with sodium chloride and trace minerals! So, instead of using chemically-processed, unhealthy salt in order to get iodine, we like to stick with Real Salt and get naturally occurring iodine from other delicious sources like kelp, yogurt, eggs, strawberries, and mozzarella cheese." Quote taken from this link. Read it, it is interesting! http://realsalt.com/sea-salt/does-real-salt-have-the-iodine-we-need/
Feb 23, 2014 by Safe Stuff 911 dot com
votes
I'm finding it for half price on other sites as well, but the shipping cost makes it the same as the prime price. Is that what you're talking about?
Apr 29, 2014 by archaictext
votes
Is this salt heated? May 11, 2014
No it is not heated.
May 12, 2014 by Shopping for me
votes
Where is the source? Oct 4, 2014
From the bag: "Long ago in what is now Central Utah, Native Americans found a mineral-rich salt deposit from an ancient sea when they saw deer eating the soil. In 1959,Milo and Lamar Bosshardt were struggling to keep their family afloat when they discovered that this salt deposit extended beneath their land. They began selling the salt to local farmers for their animals and heard reports the farmers were using the salt to season their own food. People insisted this 'real' salt made available for everyday use and the brand was born"
Oct 4, 2014 by Jeanne
votes
votes
I see no mention of aluminum. It is a good product...
Oct 1, 2014 by C. R. S. Moulton
votes
Raymond, my most recent purchased bag of Redmond REAL SALT has an expiration date of 07.04.2029. SALT is a preservative so you good to go! The only thing this particular salt will do is clump if high humidity exists. You'll go to use the salt shaker and nothing will come out because it has clumped together--NO PROBLEM. Just tap the salt shaker a couple of times on the table so it breaks loose and then use it freely. The clumping does not affect taste or shelf life. ENJOY!
Aug 25, 2014 by Joy Martin
votes
This one can be poured straight into into the salt shaker. They also have coarse salt that probably does need to be ground: http://smile.amazon.com/One-16-Ounce-Real-Salt-Coarse/dp/B001CM8RZU/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1401558680&sr=8-1&keywords=real+salt+coarse
May 31, 2014 by Neeyah
votes
yE\\\ Yes, if you order the fine it is just like table salt. You can also order coarse. I love this salt, it tastes much better than table salt .
Apr 14, 2014 by dorothy foster
votes
Ancient sea bed in Redmond, Utah.
Dec 30, 2013 by Neeyah
‹ Previous   1   Next ›

Search Questions and Answers