From the Author: Learning to Think in Real-Time
Could you recognize a marketing or PR opportunity, or threat, in its early stages? Would you know how to respond in real-time to capitalize on the former or stave off the latter? How would you react right now if...
• Your company is cited as the best place to work by your local newspaper?
• A customer raves about your customer service on an influential trade magazine website?
• A well-known industry analyst says on his blog that your company is too difficult to do business with?
• A competitor announces they are lowering prices by 25%?
• Your CEO is fired?
• In forums and chat rooms, people said your product poses a health risk?
• A huge company announces its intent to acquire your competitor?
If you understand how to react quickly to events as they unfold, you will gain superior competitive advantage. Real-Time Marketing & PR will show you how.
--This text refers to the Paperback edition.
From the Inside Flap
"Real time" means news breaks over minutes, not days. It means ideas percolate, then suddenly and unpredictably go viral to a global audience. It's when companies develop (or refine) products or services instantly, based on feedback from customers or events in the marketplace. And it's when businesses see an opportunity and are the first to act on it.
Caught up in old, time-consuming processes, too many companies leave themselves fatally exposed by flying blind through this new media environment. You don't have to be among them. Discover Real-Time Marketing and PR and get a clear path to navigate and succeed in the changed business landscape.
In this eye-opening follow-up to The New Rules of Marketing and PR, a BusinessWeek bestseller, David Meerman Scott reveals the proven, practical steps to take your business into the real-time era. Find out how to act and react flexibly as events occur, position your brand in the always-on world of the Web, and avoid embarrassing mistakes and missteps. Real-Time Marketing and PR will also enable you to:
- Develop a business culture that encourages speed over sloth
- Read buying signals as people interact with your online information
- Crowdsource product development, naming, and even marketing materials such as online videos
- Engage reporters to shape stories as they are being written
- Command premium prices by delivering products at speed
- Deploy technology to listen in on millions of online discussions and instantly engage with customers and buyers
Scale and media buying power are no longer a decisive advantage. What counts today is speed and agility. While your competitors scramble to adjust, you can seize the initiative, open new channels, and grow your brand. Master Real-Time Marketing and PR today and become the first to act, the first to respond, and the first to win!