5.0 out of 5 stars He's got it down to a T - it's all about giving...
Published on December 18, 2011 by Nancy Wait

1.0 out of 5 stars Awful and a waste of time
I borrowed this book from a friend who had suggested I shouldn't waste my time. I wanted to learn about social media and the reviews for this book seemed positive. I just thank God I did not waste my money on this nonsense. There is nothing in this book that you can't learn for yourself online FOR FREE. Save yourself the money and just do a little research online on the...
Published on March 5, 2012 by Nicole Devlin

5.0 out of 5 stars He's got it down to a T - it's all about giving..., December 18, 2011
This review is from: The Real Truth About Social Media (Paperback)
What I liked most about Eric Harr's book was that aside from the valuable tips we all need to know, he emphasizes the need to give to others and to listen to what they're saying. I love that he devotes a whole section to Nice Guys Finish First. He emphasizes the importance of sincerity and being authentic. Everyone should read that chapter especially! Because as Harr so correctly points out, business has changed forever. It's a new paradigm out there, and "What you give, you get." I found his advice excellent and responsible, and anyone who follows his directions (which are simply stated and easy to understand) will see a big jump in their success rate, of that I have no doubt! I found this book not only helpful, but profoundly inspiring!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great up-to-date and timely book about Social Media, September 21, 2011
Great book that really digs into the Myths and Realities of social media rather than hear-say and someone's opinion. This is a quick and easy read for any exec or manager, in any industry, who is looking to understand, get started with or expand their reach using social media. Refreshing writing style and definitely a page-turner as I usually put books down like this half way through - not this one!

4.0 out of 5 stars The real truth: What business owners need to know about social media, January 12, 2012
When you work in social media regularly, one of the best things to have on hand is a book that you can hand to business owners that don't recognize the benefits of social media. One of my favorites Eric Harr's recent book entitled The Real Truth About Social Media.

Despite it's modest size (about 100 pages), Real Truth is filled with actionable insights that are easily understood by traditional marketing executives and business leaders, without time-wasting jabber or hollow social media evangelism. Real Truth answers the most common question that business leaders have about social media: Why bother?It's not about social media. It's about customer service.

"If you deliver old-school customer service to your customers -- if you care, listen, and have humility, and if you put people first -- you will reap rich rewards from social media. You will build a volunteer army of passion-driven, newly-empowered marketers," Harr said. "The brands that are winning in social media do it old-school."

And he's right. The most successful companies with social media are the ones that have put the greatest effort into customer service -- and knowing their customer. Social media is just a method of reaping and measuring the rewards of doing so more quickly.

Read more at: [...]

5.0 out of 5 stars A Great Read, November 15, 2011
This review is from: The Real Truth About Social Media (Paperback)
Eric Harr nails Social Media on the head! What a great read with real world examples on what to do and what not to do. A great book for the novice or Fortune 500 CEO. Information everyone needs to know.

5.0 out of 5 stars Boot Camp for Social Media, November 14, 2011
This review is from: The Real Truth About Social Media (Paperback)
Like the other reviewer, I bought the Kindle version when it came out and read the book with great eagerness to better educate myself with the facts. Being in the industry I would recommend this book to anyone that wants to learn about Social Media. The industry is new, it's exciting, I feel this book was written from someone who has truly experienced the ebbs and flows of the ocean we call Social Media. Last thought, whatever your business is, this should be recommended all, to create / enhance upon ones integrated strategy. Make Social Media work for you!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Book for any Executive or Manager Looking to Understand and Succeed at Social Media, November 14, 2011
This review is from: The Real Truth About Social Media (Paperback)
I bought the Kindle version when it came out and loved every chapter. It was applicable to what I am doing on a daily basis and I didn't even want to get started with Social Media. It's for the executive as well as the newbie and recommended reading for anyone looking to tap into a free source of traffic and channel for their business.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great read, September 23, 2011
With all the new varieties of Social Media out there today I loved reading this book. A very easy read indeed. Breaking down the many aspects of the various platforms. A good read for anyone interested and participating in Social Media today.

4.0 out of 5 stars I'd like a little more, November 22, 2011
This review is from: The Real Truth About Social Media (Paperback)
The only reason I didn't give this 5 stars (let's call it 4.5 stars) is that I wish there were more.
A light but very substantive read, this is a practical, fascinating and entertaining look at social media and the impact it can have on a business. If you're a business owner/executive and know you need to start using social media (even if it's just because everyone else is doing it), this book is a great place to start.
Harr is a very strong writer and kept my attention on topics that otherwise could have been pretty darn dry and boring. I especially like his use of case studies and his own personal history (I'd love to meet Grandpa Varnum) in his illustrations of how and why social media works.
I'd put this up there with Vaynerchuk's Crush It, Qualman's Socialnomics and Li and Bernoff's Groundswell as must-reads about social media.
Nicely done, Mr. Harr. What's up with the social icon blocks on the cover, though? Kinda Copperfield-esque.

4.0 out of 5 stars Really Like The Structure of the Book, October 22, 2011
An easy read with some solid insights on this revolution we call social media. What I really liked was the structure namely the ACTIONABLE INSIGHTS. So many books do not give you concrete ways to proceed on things. I thought that was cool. Most social media books are collection of case studies which is great however the author needs to add more than that and Mr. Harr does that. An engaging read by a very passionate author! I recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy Informative Read, September 21, 2011
This book was such a pleasant read...not as one would expect from a book on social media. The concepts discussed in this book are clear, concise, and timeless...not like other books on the subject that will come and go. Harr knows what he is talking about and gives concrete examples and actionable insights to paint a real picture of the concepts he talks about. I was inspired to dust off my twitter handle and give it a spin.

The Real Truth About Social Media
The Real Truth About Social Media by Eric Harr (Paperback - November 15, 2011)
$12.95 $12.17