Nursing students struggling with the challenging and relatively "uncharted" area of complementary and alternative therapies need a resource that guides them through the essentials and highlights what they need to know. This guide offers a visual, engaging approach that clearly explains how to integrate complementary and alternative therapies into more conventional nursing care.
- Narrows the gap between the facts learned in school and the wisdom that nurses need to survive in the real world.
- Features original cartoon illustrations and a theme cat cartoon character that walks the student through difficult subjects with a light-hearted, engaging approach to learning.
- Helps the nursing student integrate complementary and alternative therapies into more conventional health care approaches taught in medical-surgical, pharmacology, and other clinical courses.
- Presents material in a clear and entertaining way by using adult learning principles and various active-learning strategies to engage nursing students of all ages, backgrounds, and learning styles.
- Divides information into manageable units and reinforces the learning process.
- Helps the student quickly identify special content in the chapter with icons for cautions, lifespan considerations, cultural implications, and related websites.
- Emphasizes essential terminology by bolding Key Words in the narrative and defining them in the margin.
- Promotes learning with a variety of interactive activities including fill-in the blank, NCLEX®-style review questions, matching, word jumbles, word search, and crossword puzzles.
- Offers succinct points of advice that students can use to prepare for their clinical rotation.